Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Super-duper sound hardware!!!  (Read 1484 times)
Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 26

This is not the post you're looking for.

« on: May 08, 2014, 12:04:31 AM »

Hey, gang!
I'm intending to install an additional speaker in my saber in the form of a mini subwoofer.
The two working together will give me a more realistic and dynamic sound than the original speaker alone.
I have obsidian V3, and was wondering if A- the board can take the extra speaker without exploding; and B- does anyone know any fun wiring tricks to make sure that normal sound goes to the normal speaker, and bass goes to the mini-sub.

Thanks dudes and dudesses!
(Are there even any dudesses out there? Or are we a boys-only club. Hmm...  Undecided )

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 12:10:43 AM »

The Steffenator (<-New guy) just realized that this might have been a topic better suited to the customizations board...
Sorry!
 Cheesy

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 12:37:55 AM »

u can run 2 speakers in series i did it with and Obsidian build i think i was using 2x 1.5W speakers in series for a total of 3W.  I would imagine u could wire 2x 2W speakers as well.

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 02:58:15 PM »

B- does anyone know any fun wiring tricks to make sure that normal sound goes to the normal speaker, and bass goes to the mini-sub.

Thanks dudes and dudesses!
(Are there even any dudesses out there? Or are we a boys-only club. Hmm...  Undecided )

The "wiring trick" you're after is called a crossover. Unfortunately for us they take up space, although the simplest from is simply a capacitor across a speaker - though I can't give you specifics on that.

I see no reason for adding an additional speaker. It won't make your 'Saber louder and a 1" speaker can't reliably reproduce frequencies much below 3 kHz. In order to create low frequencies you need to move a large amount of air and in the form of a 'Saber that is just not possible.

Ack... I'm nerding out about technical stuff...

On a side note, the forum does have a fair few female members.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 05:30:56 AM »

The "wiring trick" you're after is called a crossover. Unfortunately for us they take up space, although the simplest from is simply a capacitor across a speaker - though I can't give you specifics on that.

I see no reason for adding an additional speaker. It won't make your 'Saber louder and a 1" speaker can't reliably reproduce frequencies much below 3 kHz. In order to create low frequencies you need to move a large amount of air and in the form of a 'Saber that is just not possible.

Ack... I'm nerding out about technical stuff...

On a side note, the forum does have a fair few female members.

I'm not after louder, just a wider range of sound. I'm still going to give it a try, just to see how it works. If nothing else, I have another speaker to put in another saber. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: