Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 1942 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: May 08, 2014, 01:44:24 AM »

Well I'm in a bit of a pickle again. Still with my Bellicose with Obsidian. I figured this would be the best place to ask. Sometimes when my batteries fully charge, I'll swing some just for fun, but my saber will cut off. Is it because the electronics might be old and might need repaired somewhere? Sometimes when I do impacts too the saber cuts completely off. As you guys know my Bellicose is my prized gem of sabers and I'd hate to have to part with it if I have to. I enjoy having sound but if the saber can still be saved I might just down grade it to a soundless stunt. Even though I can see tons new fonts coming out this summer. Anyway, let me know what could be done. Thanks. =] This started like 2 months ago I think.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Toshiii
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

Pizza, it binds the galaxy together.

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 06:08:54 AM »

Hey! Sorry to hear this bad news. I hate to say it but it could very well be the wiring inside. In my last post I mentioned that I had a saber cut out on me because the wiring to the batteries wasn't done properly, and since I have no knowledge of soldering the saber went to just a hilt which I carried around for cosplay. However. If you could post some pictures of the internals, and all the wiring, someone might be able to tell you what's going on. If you know someone that can solder, I would maybe ask them to take a look at it and see if they can diagnose the problem. I would start by posting some pictures and getting some more input. Really sorry to hear that you're having this problem, and I hope that it resolves itself soon!

Toshiii has intercepted this message from the rebel alliance, located on the ice planet; Hoth.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 07:06:10 AM »

I really can't. The wiring seems to be fine though. I really don't know what's going on at all. x.x Plus the led still flickers when I swing sometimes too or almost goes completely dim.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Toshiii
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 07:35:09 AM »

Yeah it really seems like a wiring problem. What problem I don't know. If it's turning off completely I would say it's a problem resulting from the battery pack, however it could be between the av switch and the battery pack, but if the light just flickers it could be a result of a soldering issue between the led and the av switch. You could do a couple things. One: Contact ultrasabers via email and speak with them, maybe your warranty is still up and you can get the issue fixed. Or, I've watched a lot of videos of a guy on saberforums who knows a lot about what goes on inside, here's his profile http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=4749 You could maybe PM him and he would be generous to donate some of his time to help, although I cannot guarantee it. Also he made a video that gave me a better understanding on what goes on inside here's the video http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17050.0 As a simple precaution I would change the batteries, don't charge em, use new ones, and see if it's just a battery issue, make sure they're Li-ion ones though, if you use different ones you could overload the wiring inside and cause issues (Hopefully you never used different batteries other than Li-ion otherwise that's probably an issue which cannot be fixed) also maybe tape the batteries in to make sure that they're not bonking around (Use electrical tape, I'm sure you know). Hope some of this information helps. Keep me posted on what's going on.

Toshiii has intercepted this message from the rebel alliance, located on the ice planet; Hoth.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 03:38:12 AM »

I got it covered dude so no worries. I was just wanting to get other opinions so I know what to tell Emory. I'm just going to get the new Obsidian 3.0 installed at the same time as well. I think there might be something wrong with the wiring somewhere in the middle like you said or battery pack or both even. I'll get my saber fixed up though when I can. Though not to be off topic but after Comic Con is over with I plan to get me a new guitar. The newer Schecter Damien 6 FR, I have the original and when I saw they re-made those guitars with a set neck and EMG 81/815 pickup set I knew I had to get one. Lol. I play metal guitar so, not great but eh. I can kinda solo now so maybe when I get the new Damien Platinum 6 FR I'll show a video. Then after awhile I'll get my Bellicose sent in for sure for some repairs/upgrades. =] Thanks for the info though.

Toshiii
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 08:38:01 AM »

Alright glad to see that you're gonna get everything taken care of. And hell yeah, I'd love to see a video of you shredding on your new guitar, I don't know much about guitars, just that I like the way they sounds, and It seems like you have the knowledge to do so. So yeah, I'd love to see a video Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 09:19:40 AM »

I'll put one up then. Smiley I think I'm just going to have the Platinum FR set up for drop d stuff. Having my original one set up for drop c# when I can.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: