Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: USB Device Not Recognized  (Read 10381 times)
NOBL3 L3G3ND
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 31, 2014, 04:36:14 PM »

Hey there Saber Forum! This happens to be my very first post, so please read with that in mind. Grin

Basically, I very recently got a Dark Prophecy v3, and I love it! It came in the mail yesterday, and after swinging it around for a it, I decided that I would change the sounds, because who wouldn't? I plugged the saber into the USB cable sent by UltraSabers, and got the following message, "USB Device Not Recognized." It then stated that there had been a malfunction, which had stopped the download of the USB software.

I tried plugging the cable into every USB port available to me, and kept getting the same message. I have all of the Obsidian Sound software, so I was wondering if this was a problem with the cable, or, God forbid, the soundboard itself.

Any and all wisdom is appreciated.

NOBL3 L3G3ND
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 06:18:10 PM »

lol I actually got it to work, it just some messing around with, everything's under control.

chimpyman
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 11:51:52 PM »

wait i just got the same ultrasaber as you. and am having the exact same problem. how did you fix it?

chimpyman
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 01:30:31 AM »

nvm, i actually figured it out. Tongue this darth vadar font is awesome

Darth Solace
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 10:21:44 PM »

ok so you both had this problem, then you just say that you fixed it.  HOW did you fix it?  Im having this problem

nevernate
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 08:35:54 PM »

I'm also having this problem. I'm running Windows 8.1 with the software. It connected on the very first try, but, now it absolutely will NOT connect. No matter what I do. I've tried 4 different usb ports, unplugging/replugging from the soundboard, with or without Obsidian launcher running. Have a Dark Initiate LE V4. Also have a scorpion model. With my scorpion I have to unplug and replug it several times before it will be recognized. I don't get what the issue is here. Have tried everything I can think of. No dice. What's the fix?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 09:24:05 PM »

Have you tried using a USB hub? Several users noticed that this problem could be solved like that.

Win 8/8.1 is known to have some issues with Ultrasabers not being recognized properly.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

nevernate
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 08:48:26 PM »

Update: So, I reinstalled everything, and recharged my batteries to full. This time, I did use a 2.0 USB hub that I purchased from Walmart for about $10.00. As mentioned, I have Win 8.1 on my ASUS RoG laptop. When I plugged in the hub, it downloaded the drivers immediately. Next, I plugged in the Mini USB cable from US that came with my Scorpion model, and then plugged in to my saber. I powered the saber on. Once this was done, I saw the Driver Download popup which I hadn't gotten yet to this point. I then started up Obisidian Launcher. Initially, I got the same problem. I then clicked on File/New File, and the launcher attempted to connect on it's own. It gave me a "Device not Connected" message. I then unplugged the usb hub from the port, and replugged it back in and BINGO, got the serial number to pop up in Obisidian. I was able to change the sound founds, and after that was done, I was able to repeat the connection process 2 more times. So, it seems to me that maybe there's an issue with the onboard drivers for the soundboard that does not work well with 3.0 USB ports which is what all my 8.1 ports are. As it had no trouble being read by the 2.0 USB hub. Hope this helps other users.

knx cobra
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 12:27:59 PM »

Update: So, I reinstalled everything, and recharged my batteries to full. This time, I did use a 2.0 USB hub that I purchased from Walmart for about $10.00. As mentioned, I have Win 8.1 on my ASUS RoG laptop. When I plugged in the hub, it downloaded the drivers immediately. Next, I plugged in the Mini USB cable from US that came with my Scorpion model, and then plugged in to my saber. I powered the saber on. Once this was done, I saw the Driver Download popup which I hadn't gotten yet to this point. I then started up Obisidian Launcher. Initially, I got the same problem. I then clicked on File/New File, and the launcher attempted to connect on it's own. It gave me a "Device not Connected" message. I then unplugged the usb hub from the port, and replugged it back in and BINGO, got the serial number to pop up in Obisidian. I was able to change the sound founds, and after that was done, I was able to repeat the connection process 2 more times. So, it seems to me that maybe there's an issue with the onboard drivers for the soundboard that does not work well with 3.0 USB ports which is what all my 8.1 ports are. As it had no trouble being read by the 2.0 USB hub. Hope this helps other users.

Omg a thousand thank yous!
i recived my first saber with sound today (a silver war Gaive  w/ red blade and button) and tried the obsidian launcher, it connected first try no problems, so i had the sith light saber fonts and loaded them on... but some how i managed to set the idle sound as the lock up font!
when i tryed reconnecting my computer wouldn't reconise my saber and i could not get it to work what so ever (I'm running 8.1 laptop) but upon reading this i solved the problem in less than 30 second the connection was almost instant,

which is good as i got this saber as a gift for my cousins 25th bday :p and i just wanted to tweek it up .
so again thank you Cheesy

Yonnei
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2019, 05:23:09 AM »

I have Windows 10, does it not work for this version?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2019, 12:23:43 PM »

It should work for Win 10 as well. The launcher and the workaround...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

DarthMantis
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2019, 05:24:18 AM »

Hey everyone!!! This is my first post in the forum so any help would be great. My buddy got me one of the mystery sabers as a Christmas gift and I was lucky enough to get a Manticore with sound. After playing around with I figured out that I could change sound fonts, I downloaded the launcher but the saber won't connect to my computer at all. I'm running Windows 10 so it should work and the USB cable  I'm using hasn't been used for anything before. Again I would appreciate any help, also I'm pretty computer inept so I need all the help I can get.

Thanks!!!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2019, 11:58:27 AM »

No error messages or yellow triangles in the Device Manager?

Make sure you first power your saber (with fully charged batteries), then plug it into a USB 2 port (not USB 3, as they don't always work correctly) and then start the launcher with admin rights (right-click on the exe, then "Run as administrator"). The launcher should be installed the same way, that's important!

Sig by Master Nero

DarthMantis
Force Sensitive

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2019, 03:24:53 AM »

No error messages or yellow triangles, I plug it in and nothing happens, I've also tried to connect it again by clicking on the button in the launcher and it just says device not connected. I had it on when plugging it in and did run as admin as well, I'll try un/re-installing the launcher as that seems to has worked for some people, also not sure what a USB 2 is quite honestly. (I know, like I said, I'm just dumb when it comes to computers)

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2019, 06:25:50 PM »

USB 2 means USB port 2.0. Most recent PCs have USB 3.1 (the blue ones), USB 2.0 was the precursor. So if you have no blue USB 3 ports, then you probably have USB 2 ports. Ultrasabers are known for connection issues when plugged into a USB 3 port. Not clear, why this happens.

Try re-installing the launcher with admin rights and post your results. If that doesn't help, I'd try a different USB cord. There are cords which only transfer power - those will not work. You'd need a cord that transfers data as well. If you don't know if you have such a cord, you can try to get one in a media store. It's difficult to distinguish between those types...

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: