Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Sedsti Skyfaller Designs  (Read 209648 times)
Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 05:59:58 PM »

Oh shot I just looked at the site again I didn't realize that the actavation boxes where steel.

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 12:21:20 AM »

nice work been doing a bit of saber parts myself with sketchup  cuz its easy to design to scale with.  Also drew out and in process of 3d modeling my own mandolorian assassin helmet in Maya, then converting to a pepakura file and gonna fiberglass and trick it out.  I am trying to become more of a prop maker and less of a sabersmith want to do it all muhwawawawawa.   But nice job with 3d models can I ask what modeling program you are using

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 12:29:09 AM »

Oh shot I just looked at the site again I didn't realize that the actavation boxes where steel.

Yep, all activation boxes are available in Stainless Steel with a wide variety of finishes and polishes.

nice work been doing a bit of saber parts myself with sketchup  cuz its easy to design to scale with.  Also drew out and in process of 3d modeling my own mandolorian assassin helmet in Maya, then converting to a pepakura file and gonna fiberglass and trick it out.  I am trying to become more of a prop maker and less of a sabersmith want to do it all muhwawawawawa.   But nice job with 3d models can I ask what modeling program you are using

PM sent.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 04:06:04 AM »

Lovin the blade plugs. Which would look best on an Overlord?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 11:56:25 AM »

Lovin the blade plugs. Which would look best on an Overlord?

Thanks for your comment. I didn't really design any of these to be specific to any hilt, but I can go over a few design features.

If you wanted to continues the windowed look of the emitter, then Blade Plug 5 would be the best for that since you could put it in with the top part above the emitter and have light shine though the windows along the sides. If you like the idea of light shining through your blade plug, then blade plugs 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, and the Saberforum Exclusive will all accomplish this.

All other blade plugs are solid with different design elements to make them unique. You could also get Blade Plug 12 in Frosted Detail and get one of the inserts in a solid color to put in it for the light to shine through the symbol, however.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 03:07:39 PM »

Will you by any chance be adding shrouds to the shop sometime?

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2014, 03:32:51 PM »

Will you by any chance be adding shrouds to the shop sometime?

I've been trying to decide if I want to add some shrouds or take custom orders for them. I have noticed that shrouds seem to be one of the most common customizations for the more plain sabers so it will definitely be an option soon. I just haven't decided how I want to handle it.

Right now I am working on a different section of the shop that I hope to launch within the next week or two.

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2014, 07:55:13 AM »

I've been trying to decide if I want to add some shrouds or take custom orders for them. I have noticed that shrouds seem to be one of the most common customizations for the more plain sabers so it will definitely be an option soon. I just haven't decided how I want to handle it.

Right now I am working on a different section of the shop that I hope to launch within the next week or two.

cool, looking forward to seeing it.

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2014, 07:13:20 PM »

Got two of your Blade Plug designs in the mail today. I am working on painting/detailing them. Using flat metallic gray as the base coat and will do a paint wash for detailing with flat metallic black.

I'll post pics once they are done. Smiley

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2014, 07:26:50 PM »

Got two of your Blade Plug designs in the mail today. I am working on painting/detailing them. Using flat metallic gray as the base coat and will do a paint wash for detailing with flat metallic black.

I'll post pics once they are done. Smiley

Awesome! Can't wait to see the finished result  Smiley

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2014, 07:53:36 PM »

These are great! I really like the designs. I'll hopefully be ordering a couple of designs soon. Smiley

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 09:08:31 PM »

How about Jedi pouches/capsules for Ultra Sabers? They already have the covertech clips so why not. Tongue Just a thought.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 12:51:26 AM »

How about Jedi pouches/capsules for Ultra Sabers? They already have the covertech clips so why not. Tongue Just a thought.

You'll have to wait and see  Wink

Here are a couple "pre-production" models to give you an idea of what more materials look like:

First up Blade Plug 11 in Polished Metallic Plastic (note: this pre-production does not have the slits to let the light through like the model being sold)

Second is Activation Box 3 in Stainless Steel (bare finish)

I have tweaked the activation boxes some since ordering this model, which has made a couple of them cheaper than originally, but the main design elements still stand.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:57:56 AM by sedstiskyfaller » Logged

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 03:23:40 AM »

Ever thought of doing a DL-44 kit for upgrading C96 airsoft pistols?

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 11:13:03 AM »

Ever thought of doing a DL-44 kit for upgrading C96 airsoft pistols?

I haven't actually, but that would be interesting. I would have to look up the specs on it, but it would cost a lot to produce it in steel because of the size so it would probably have to be plastic unfortunately.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: