Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Sedsti Skyfaller Designs  (Read 209598 times)
sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #345 on: April 18, 2016, 02:33:33 PM »

New Premium Two-Part Blade Plugs
*Now Available*

Blade Plug - Ilum: http://shpws.me/M4VK
Ilum Pillar Insert: http://shpws.me/M4VM

Blade Plug - Plasma: http://shpws.me/M4VP
Plasma Ring Insert: http://shpws.me/M4VO

Blade Plug - Kyber: http://shpws.me/M4VS
Kyber Crystal Insert: http://shpws.me/M4VT

These Blade Plugs come in two parts, first, the main solid plug piece that fits into the saber, and second, a clear piece that fits into the top of the plug for illumination when the saber is on. Together these pieces form one unit that brings that extra bit of detail to any saber.

In order to achieve this, the parts are printed separately in two different materials and designed to fit together after the printing process is complete. The main blade plug piece is available in solid colors of Strong and Flexible nylon plastic, including white, black, blue, green, red, purple, pink, orange, yellow, and metallic grey, to match any blade color. The clear insert piece is available in Transparent Acrylic, which provides a smooth, clear finish (pictured above), as well as a Frosted Ultra Detail material that gives a matte frosted look, great for dispersing light further.

Prices range from $12.50-$17.50 for the main plug piece and $5.25-$9.00 for the insert depending on the options chosen.

I am very excited about these new additions Smiley Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist. MTFBWY!

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #346 on: April 19, 2016, 07:34:55 PM »

Ok Sedsti you got me. Palsma plug and insert ordered. Just too cool to pass.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #347 on: April 19, 2016, 07:37:56 PM »

These new insert configurations really are the next level for your blade plug designs, I can't wait to see this line expand.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #348 on: April 20, 2016, 04:54:17 AM »

Cool!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #349 on: April 20, 2016, 06:52:57 AM »

quite impressive indeed.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #350 on: April 20, 2016, 11:46:42 AM »

Thanks all! I like to think of these as an evolution of my blade plug designs and I'm excited to finally introduce these to everyone. This is just the start, so expect to see more designs in the future  Wink

Giglamesh
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -62

« Reply #351 on: April 27, 2016, 08:08:10 PM »

I don't know much about the 3d printers, but is it only plastics, or can metal be crafted? Looking to get some custom claws for my saberpike, and not sure if places around here if I can just walk in with design.

Owned: custom Renegade LE Saberpike (blazing red), Consular stunt (green)

Wish list: Reaper (banes heart any finish), Menace (any color any finish)

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #352 on: April 27, 2016, 08:35:47 PM »

I don't know much about the 3d printers, but is it only plastics, or can metal be crafted? Looking to get some custom claws for my saberpike, and not sure if places around here if I can just walk in with design.

Shapeways, the site I use, does have several types of metal that can be printed, the most popular being steel. It is much less likely for a home printer to be able to print in metal because of the way it is printed.

I'd be happy to work with you on some though. I have done metal pieces for others recently Smiley

Bulvoy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 500

~Sipra Gehaz~ Rebel Legion "Ghost Base"

« Reply #353 on: April 27, 2016, 09:15:04 PM »

Top notch. I am enjoying the look of the Plasma. Nice ideas come to life.

UltraSaber's by bulvoy, on Flickr
Menace - Emerald V4s- RavenSS pommel
Manticore V4s-CG- S /FOC-Renegade small pommel
Crimson Scorpion- V4s-BR- O/FOC
Dominix V3s-SRD
Initiate V4 Lite- VA
            "Im here to chew bubblegum & kick ass, and I'm all outta bubblegum"...

Giglamesh
Knight Ensign

« Reply #354 on: April 27, 2016, 11:05:47 PM »

Shapeways, the site I use, does have several types of metal that can be printed, the most popular being steel. It is much less likely for a home printer to be able to print in metal because of the way it is printed.

I'd be happy to work with you on some though. I have done metal pieces for others recently Smiley
If I had a tail it might be wagging right now. What about aluminum? My saberpike is around 10 pounds so I'd like to keep it light, but at same time I would like to batle with it and keep the whole thing metal.

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #355 on: April 30, 2016, 09:45:45 PM »

Hi! I like your stuff. I have a few questions, how does the emitter shrouds fit on the hilts? Have you got to stick it on with glue? Or does it fit on by just sliding it on? And if so, doesn't it come off easily while spinning or dueling?. And for the buttons for the switches, what is the best adhesive to use for sticking it on? And for a Qui-Gon type of button would it be best to get the knurled one? Thank's a lot...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #356 on: April 30, 2016, 11:09:22 PM »

Top notch. I am enjoying the look of the Plasma. Nice ideas come to life.

Thank you!

If I had a tail it might be wagging right now. What about aluminum? My saberpike is around 10 pounds so I'd like to keep it light, but at same time I would like to batle with it and keep the whole thing metal.

Aluminum is an option, but more expensive than steel to print in. The aluminum is fairly new where as the steel has been around long enough for optimization in the printing process to keep the cost down. Feel free to PM me your ideas and I'll look over it and be happy to discuss it with you.

Hi! I like your stuff. I have a few questions, how does the emitter shrouds fit on the hilts? Have you got to stick it on with glue? Or does it fit on by just sliding it on? And if so, doesn't it come off easily while spinning or dueling?. And for the buttons for the switches, what is the best adhesive to use for sticking it on? And for a Qui-Gon type of button would it be best to get the knurled one? Thank's a lot...

Thank youfor your interest  Smiley

The emitter shrouds fit snugly onto the hilt due to a slightly smaller inner diameter than the hilt diameter and can be secured with a thumb screw since all shrouds have holes in the back for retention screws.

For the switch covers, I use locktite superglue personally, but any strong adhesive should work fine. The knurled thumb screw is definitely more on-par with the button on that hilt. You can see them on some of Drahcir's recent work in his signature  Wink

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #357 on: May 01, 2016, 12:05:48 AM »

Thank's a lot for your response. If I secure the shroud with a screw I'll have to drill a hole on my emitter? Thank's again and +1 for you...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #358 on: May 01, 2016, 12:42:40 AM »

Thank's a lot for your response. If I secure the shroud with a screw I'll have to drill a hole on my emitter? Thank's again and +1 for you...

Actually you could use one in place of the retention screw for the blade. US hilts take 8-32 size screws  Smiley

Giglamesh
Knight Ensign

« Reply #359 on: May 01, 2016, 06:45:59 AM »

Once i get my war glaive emmiter, and make some measurements I'll probably be sending you a PM then Sedsti.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: