Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Sedsti Skyfaller Designs  (Read 209650 times)
digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #435 on: March 20, 2018, 01:24:00 AM »

Yes it would be helpful to have a thumb wheel screw...

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #436 on: April 22, 2018, 05:25:26 PM »

Shrouds for original Flamberge side blades? Just a cool idea I had =] Think that'd look sick for sure Tongue Just only available in metallic silver finish or matte black

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #437 on: May 01, 2018, 03:08:34 PM »

that is some really cool stuff. I'll probably get some of those things.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #438 on: May 01, 2018, 05:36:46 PM »

do the plugs fit in V2 sabers or just V3/4

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #439 on: May 02, 2018, 03:13:14 AM »

The plugs should work in any saber that takes a 1" diameter blade, to my knowledge

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #440 on: May 20, 2018, 05:08:48 AM »

The plugs should work in any saber that takes a 1" diameter blade, to my knowledge

That is correct! Thanks for helping out Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #441 on: May 20, 2018, 11:09:41 PM »

Would just a dab of gorilla glue work for switch covers or too runny? x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2018, 12:03:16 AM »

Yes, just a dab should do fine with a little pressure at first to help it set. Just don’t depress the switch or it might glue down too Wink

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2018, 12:52:41 AM »

I would seriously recommend not using Gorilla Glue or at the very least be extremely careful. Long story short, it expands, even if you don't spray it with water. I didn't know this when I first purchased it and boy did it ruin a project or two before I decided it was best for other things besides detail work.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Goldldr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #444 on: May 21, 2018, 10:11:21 PM »

Will any of the shrouds work on an aeon/Dominix v4?  I am impressed by several of the designs, but not sure how they would fit with the retention screw so high on the hilt and the concave area below the retention screw.

Also, I haven’t worked with any 3D printed plastics before.  How well do they paint up, and is there a specific material/color you would recommend if you plan to paint?  

Thanks for the info.  Fantastic stuff on the site.  I plan on ordering several items soon.

Current Saber Collection (?=mystery box pull, *=raffle prize)
Consular (Diamond)
Flamberge v2 w/ renegade LE emitters (Diamond)
Azure Reaper Obs4 tri-cree CG
Crimson Scorpion ObsL FO (?)
Liberator v3 stunt FO (?)
Sentinel v4 ObsL AS (?)
Aeon v4 stunt FO (*)
Dark Apprentice stunt FO (?)

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #445 on: May 22, 2018, 12:27:44 AM »

I would seriously recommend not using Gorilla Glue or at the very least be extremely careful. Long story short, it expands, even if you don't spray it with water. I didn't know this when I first purchased it and boy did it ruin a project or two before I decided it was best for other things besides detail work.

Definitely a small amount is all that's necessary. I've used both gorilla glue and super glue. The plastic the switch covers are printed in is elastic enough to deal with some expansion.

Will any of the shrouds work on an aeon/Dominix v4?  I am impressed by several of the designs, but not sure how they would fit with the retention screw so high on the hilt and the concave area below the retention screw.

Also, I haven’t worked with any 3D printed plastics before.  How well do they paint up, and is there a specific material/color you would recommend if you plan to paint?  

Thanks for the info.  Fantastic stuff on the site.  I plan on ordering several items soon.

I appreciate the compliment! Smiley

For the Aeon/Dom V4 sabers it is more limited on which shrouds will fit well without too much of the shroud hanging off. Once those were announced I started designing for more flexibility in retention screw placement through the shrouds, starting with the Oppressor Shroud. Any from that shroud on should work fine, along with the Vector Shroud due to it's unique, slanted shape. The Starkiller Shroud would have most of the extended piece hanging off also, though it may still look ok.

As for paint, any of the newly branded Versatile plastics will work fine. I have spray-painted several pieces before. Keep in mind, the colored ones are dyed so that only the surface is colored.

Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #446 on: May 22, 2018, 01:06:58 AM »

Definitely a small amount is all that's necessary. I've used both gorilla glue and super glue. The plastic the switch covers are printed in is elastic enough to deal with some expansion.

That's good to know, my concern would be the glue oozing out from around the button and leaking down into the switch itself. Then it'd be game over...  Undecided

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #447 on: May 22, 2018, 01:39:30 AM »

I would like to make a note for any past, present, and future customers of the shop:

Shapeways has recently altered some of its material offerings to bring forth better options and streamline the number of materials. This includes changes to what I have previously referred to as Strong and Flexible Plastic, now known as Versatile Plastic, and Frosted Detail Plastic, now known as Smooth Fine Detail Plastic.

Certain materials used for some of my models previously are no longer offered, such as Acrylic Plastic, Hi-Def Acrylic Plastic, and Metallic Plastic. With this, however, new finishes and offerings have been added, such as Premium Plastic and Professional Plastic.

You may now see some of these offerings available on certain designs, so I want everyone to be aware of the changes. Please bare with me as I continue to update and modify my catalog to reflect the changes and what I believe are the best offerings for each individual model.

As always, thank you for your support and MTFBWY! Smiley

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #448 on: May 25, 2018, 08:37:43 PM »

Thanks for the info Sedsti, way to keep on top of things.  ; Smiley

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #449 on: May 26, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »

would any of the shrouds also fit a Sentinel V4? I have a Dark LE I'd like to get a shroud for =] Thinking Vector or the more S slanted shroud to give sort of a Graflex look to my saber =] Or is the stock Sentinel emitter too short for any shrouds to fit?

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: