Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Sedsti Skyfaller Designs  (Read 209685 times)
sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2014, 12:28:02 PM »

New Models Available: Emitter Shrouds

After many requests to offer emitter shrouds I am happy to reveal the 4 new models (pictured above) that will now be offered! They can be found in the Saber Accessories section of the shop. Each one has its own unique design, two of which are based on the shrouds I have on two of my sabers found here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=19549.msg307394#msg307394 and http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=20499.0

These are designed to fit V3 hilts, but you can request any of them to be altered for a V2 hilt if that is what you are looking for. They already have holes for retention screws, so no modification will be needed. They are available in all Strong and Flexible Plastics and their polished forms, as well as the Metallic Plastics. Many solid color options are available, but any of them can be painted if you wish to do so (as I did with mine).

I am excited to finally be able to offer these new models in my shop, as they have been heavily requested. As always feel free to ask me any questions you may have and May the Force be with You!

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2014, 12:59:39 PM »

Excellent. I may have to get one for my AEON V3! Smiley

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2014, 03:56:57 PM »

I have got to get on of those!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2014, 06:27:09 AM »

Nice. Must get that slanted emitter shroud for my Aeon V3 and the one below it for my Dominix V2 sabers. Cheesy Maybe do some solid side versions later on? Like without the cutouts?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

jeff the killer440
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 7

red jedi knight

« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2014, 06:37:13 AM »

do they work on initiates?

(dark points)
planned sabers:
"the creepy pasta nightmare" - consular (w/o shroud) connected to a yari pike (silver) by a vented flush coupler (silver) with a guardian pommel on the yari - BR color
"501st" - initiate v2 with white and blue paint - GB color

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2014, 06:48:59 AM »

How about a shroud design for the Shock series of sabers? Would be awesome. Smiley Kind of wanting a regular Shock in Blazing Red, something different. I'm thinking kind of a shroud design that could go both ways. Maybe something for the Bane in the future too.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2014, 11:26:13 AM »

Nice. Must get that slanted emitter shroud for my Aeon V3 and the one below it for my Dominix V2 sabers. Cheesy Maybe do some solid side versions later on? Like without the cutouts?

The cutout is so they can bend onto the saber and fit tight onto it. Since not everyone has thumb screws on their sabers to hold them on, I went this route. PM me when you need one modified for your V2 saber.

do they work on initiates?

They certainly do! They fit all the V3 models of the Initiates, Aeons, Dominixes, Standard Issues, and Liberators, maybe even the Catalysts. I believe those are the only ones with straight, non-removeable emitters. PM me if you need one modified for a V2 saber.

How about a shroud design for the Shock series of sabers? Would be awesome. Smiley Kind of wanting a regular Shock in Blazing Red, something different. I'm thinking kind of a shroud design that could go both ways. Maybe something for the Bane in the future too.

Since the Shocks have the raised sections, it would be harder to design one to fit over those. If you want to PM me about it we might be able to come up with something. The body shroud I carry now should fit the Bane.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2014, 04:10:26 PM »

Nice but Ill be keeping the Bane as is when I get to that point. And if the standard stunt ever comes back in stock.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2014, 06:39:52 PM »

Versions for a v2 Aeon interest me...

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2014, 08:33:47 PM »

Versions for a v2 Aeon interest me...

PM sent

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2014, 01:32:51 AM »

Yeah I have a V2 Dominix LE saber I wouldn't mind having the slanted emitter shroud for.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2014, 02:44:50 AM »

Yeah I have a V2 Dominix LE saber I wouldn't mind having the slanted emitter shroud for.

PM sent

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2014, 03:40:13 PM »

In honor of the release of the new Ultrasabers Mantis Curved Hilt Saber, I am introducing three new blade plug designs!

With these new models I have tried to hone my craft for creating blade plugs, and am introducing finer details in the tops of these models, without putting a premium on the price. Each one has its own unique design, with holes extending through the top layers to let the beautiful light from your saber through.

Blade Plug 13 features a spoke pattern with holes between each of the spokes, as well as around the center.
https://www.shapeways.com/model/2270956/blade-plug-13.html?li=my-models&materialId=6&key=5ac8c807cf82ca88176693c0655d58cf

Blade Plug 14 showcases a tilted slat design around the edges of the top, with a turbine look in the center. In this design the holes are hidden under the slats so that light shines from underneath them.
https://www.shapeways.com/model/2274121/blade-plug-14.html?li=my-models&materialId=6&key=0f709a3344f32efa349ee6f7923e2e82

Blade Plug 15 has something of an arc reactor design, with holes around the exterior and interior of the ring.
https://www.shapeways.com/model/2276332/blade-plug-15.html?li=my-models&materialId=6&key=e266f210ba5691d5ac8401ca4f4cc293

All come in the same material options as the previous models, with many colors to choose from. I am working to really push the designs for future models and I hope you join me in welcoming these new models to the blade plug family. As always, feel free to ask any questions you my have. May the force be with you!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2014, 01:10:15 AM »

Nice. Mine will be blade plug 15. Smiley

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2014, 01:20:05 PM »

Please allow me to show off my Sedsti made Droid Caller….

When I was looking into ordering from Shape Ways, I had asked Sedsti if he had any plans to offer a droid caller, which is another small Star Wars item I had been wanting for a while. He did not have any plans for it but was able to work up a prototype design in a day! After tweaking the size a bit, it was sent to Shape Ways and made on their 3-D printer.

I asked for it printed in black so that the part that will come in contact with the belt clip would be the true color and have no chance of any paint, etc. coming off from the clip. I then added the metallic look with Rub-N-Buff. The Rub-N-Buff over the texture of the plastic gave the metallic parts a patina look. I used a variety of masking tape, small paint brushes and q-tips to apply the Rub-N-Buff. I cleaned up any mistakes on my part with emery cloth so I had nice crisp clean lines between the black and silver, especially in the corners of the boxy part. I plan to clear coat it as well.

This prop is well made and feels very solid (even though Sedsti told me it is actually hollow to cut down on material cost and weight). It looks just like the originals and I am hoping will be sanctioned by Rebel Legion. I plan to send pictures of the item to costume judges for their opinions.

This prop is exactly what I wanted and is a real credit to Sedsti’s ability with this medium. It was a real pleasure to work with him on this project and the results are outstanding.

I included pictures from all angles as well as a few for size comparison. I also could not resist a picture of it with the belt it will go on. This will be me Age of the Empire Jedi belt I have been working on. I plan to make a Han Solo style horizontal clip for it. 

I am proud to be the first kid on the bock with one of these and I am sure it will be in Sedsti’s catalog very soon.

I also ordered a Jedi Comlink but I still need to finish that. My model paints are all dried up so I need to run to the hobby shop today. Pictures of that will be up soon.

Enjoy the pics and Point to Sedsti

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: