Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Sedsti Skyfaller Designs  (Read 209814 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2014, 04:09:56 PM »

Okay. If I get enough I still might get me an Archon.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2014, 04:37:12 AM »

And just wondering if you could make an emitter shroud like Hero style, say you wanted an Aeon V3 or something and wanted a Luke ROTJ style emtiter shroud on. That would be awesome. =] Just an idea.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2014, 02:44:55 PM »

And just wondering if you could make an emitter shroud like Hero style, say you wanted an Aeon V3 or something and wanted a Luke ROTJ style emtiter shroud on. That would be awesome. =] Just an idea.

More shrouds to come soon. Keep an eye out  Wink

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »

Okay cool. =] We need more hero style emitter shrouds. Tongue

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2014, 04:02:40 PM »

More shrouds to come soon. Keep an eye out  Wink
I'm definitely looking forward to that Grin

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2014, 04:20:30 PM »

So for the emitter shrouds, a thumb screw isn't really needed? Thinking of getting me a Dominix V3 in Consular Green this week and one of your shrouds, probably one of the newer ones, the newest rounded shroud with the 3 slots. I don't want to have to order a thumb screw from the other guys if I don't have to but if I do I have a good looking one in mind.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2014, 04:36:12 PM »

So for the emitter shrouds, a thumb screw isn't really needed? Thinking of getting me a Dominix V3 in Consular Green this week and one of your shrouds, probably one of the newer ones, the newest rounded shroud with the 3 slots. I don't want to have to order a thumb screw from the other guys if I don't have to but if I do I have a good looking one in mind.

They should stay on for show purposes, but a thumb screw will be required to hold it more firmly in place.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2014, 06:38:10 PM »

Sedsti,
Regarding your body shrouds, the ad says that they are 1.45 inch width, I believe.  It appears that the V3 Aeon/Dom/Initiate have this listed as their size however it seems an odd choice to add such as accessory to a hilt with built in choke points.  How does that work?  I know that the V2 Aeon/Dom/Init were thinner, something like 1.25 inch so these clearly wouldn't fit on those.  Do your body shrouds fit on any other sabers?

Any "customer pics" or photos of people using your body shrouds available?

Oh, and btw, You've added some really killer stuff to the store!  I never really looked at all of the prop stuff before since I was less interested in that, but stuff like your Holo Comm and the thermal detonators are awesome!  Keep up the good work and have a point for being rad, haha.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2014, 09:38:00 PM »

Sedsti,
Regarding your body shrouds, the ad says that they are 1.45 inch width, I believe.  It appears that the V3 Aeon/Dom/Initiate have this listed as their size however it seems an odd choice to add such as accessory to a hilt with built in choke points.  How does that work?  I know that the V2 Aeon/Dom/Init were thinner, something like 1.25 inch so these clearly wouldn't fit on those.  Do your body shrouds fit on any other sabers?

Any "customer pics" or photos of people using your body shrouds available?

Oh, and btw, You've added some really killer stuff to the store!  I never really looked at all of the prop stuff before since I was less interested in that, but stuff like your Holo Comm and the thermal detonators are awesome!  Keep up the good work and have a point for being rad, haha.

Thanks for the compliment  Smiley

It depends on where the shroud is positioned on the saber. I realized that most people put them near the pommel, and this seems to give varied results between the Aeon/Dominix and Initiate V3 sabers in relation to the choke points.

Here are a couple pics I received from a customer that shows my smaller shroud on a V3 initiate:

They will fit any saber with a 1.45" outer diameter, and will work best on those with fewer embellishments, such as the Standard Issues, Overlord, etc.

The question has also been raised about securing them on the saber. My answer to that is if you want to duel with the shroud on, you will need to have a screw or some kind of adhesive to hold it in place. Otherwise, as long as the wrap around parts are on full width portions of the saber, it should hold for display.

For V2 sabers, I can make shrouds for them if requested. I don't carry V2 specific items in my shop because it is the minority in the sabering community as a whole and the outer diameter of the V3 sabers is more common. That being said, any of my shrouds can be modified for a V2 saber. Emory has given me the measurements for them.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2014, 11:30:44 PM »

Yeah, see that doesn't look right to me because the top portion of the body shroud falls right into the upper choke point.  If you line up the lower edge of the shroud with the bottom of the body of the hilt, near the pommel on an Aeon/Dominix V3, does your shroud fit onto the full width portions of the hilt and miss the choke points?

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2014, 01:14:09 AM »

Yeah, see that doesn't look right to me because the top portion of the body shroud falls right into the upper choke point.  If you line up the lower edge of the shroud with the bottom of the body of the hilt, near the pommel on an Aeon/Dominix V3, does your shroud fit onto the full width portions of the hilt and miss the choke points?

The thing about those sabers is that the choke points will not be functional with these shrouds. I didn't design them for a specific hilt, but like I said they will work better for straight-body hilts without choke points or embellishments.

Shrouds for those may be best in two parts, such as a lower body shroud that comes below the first choke point and an emitter shroud on top.

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2014, 12:40:20 AM »

Another great product from Sedsti.....

One of my next costuming projects is to make a prequel style Jedi belt that will be part of my forthcoming Clone Wars Jedi General costume. The armored forearms will be a winter project but the belt should be easy since leather craft comes naturally to me. The only problem I have with the prequel belts (and it is the reason I never wanted to make one before) is that they do not look functional. All of the replica ones you can buy Velcro in the back and that is the way the ones in the movies are, too. The buckle in front is purely fake and the buckles that you see look like they could not function anyway....accept Anakin's.

Anakin's buckle is modeled after what is usually called a parachute buckle. You can find these at craft stores but they are always plastic. The best I could do with one of these is paint it, and I didn't want a painted buckle with the other hardware being real. The other problem with the store bought buckles is that they are in limited sizes, namely 1/2" and 1". To make my belt proportional, I needed a 3/4" parachute buckle. I pondered this and then thought of Sedsti.

Sedsti said he was already working on such an item (great minds think alike). Since the belt does not actually open in the front, the buckle does not need to really function, but I wanted it to look like it could. I also wanted it made of real metal, which Shapeways can do. Sedsti and I hammered out the size and here we have it......

Here is my original design that the dimensions were taken from...

Here is the mock-up f how it will look on my completed belt....

one more close up....

This item is solid and sturdy. The detail is great. I asked for polished nickel finish to match the nickel hardware that will be on my belt. Of course, you can still see the print lines but that is the nature of the beast with this 3-D printing stuff. I think the buckle has a bit of a wore look and maybe even an alien metal look. I like it.

Hats off to Sedsti for another great item on his website. I believe this item is now in his public inventory.

I will post pictures of the completed belt in a few weeks when I get time to work on it. Enjoy these pictures in the mean time.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:43:49 AM by chicago.jedi » Logged

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2014, 12:57:13 AM »

Thanks for sharing, chicago.jedi! The print lines do give it a cool effect. You may be able to polish it to make them less noticeable if you wanted to.

Here is the link to the Jedi Belt Buckle if anyone is interested: http://shpws.me/vQ6B

It is available in 8 steel finishes and all colors of plastic.

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2014, 01:04:57 AM »

I think the print lines give it a unique look. I like to think that maybe that is the way stuff is made in the Star Wars universe, or at least one of the ways.

Here is one more picture I meant to post to show the size compared to what can be found at craft stores.....

The top is a plastic 1", the bottom is a 1/2" plastic one.

This piece also won me a blade plug in Sedsti's give away contest. That should be coming soon and of course, pictures will follow.

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2014, 05:05:30 AM »

I think the print lines give it a unique look. I like to think that maybe that is the way stuff is made in the Star Wars universe, or at least one of the ways.

Here is one more picture I meant to post to show the size compared to what can be found at craft stores.....

The top is a plastic 1", the bottom is a 1/2" plastic one.

This piece also won me a blade plug in Sedsti's give away contest. That should be coming soon and of course, pictures will follow.

Great belt buckle,  and congratulations on the blad plug.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: