Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help pleaseeee  (Read 1113 times)
Xolad
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 29

« on: June 24, 2014, 02:51:12 AM »

I was screwing in my retention screw on my dark prophecy to secure my blade plug in and the screw got stripped. Can anyone help/know what to do?

Does anyone know if ultrasabers would help?

Dark Prophecy v3 EG
Archon v2.1 CG

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 03:43:30 AM »

Send an email to Deep at info@ultrasabers.com.

He usually comes back with a response incredibly quick. He can help you.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 04:14:01 AM »

I think he is out of the office for a con until Thursday though, so you will have to wait a few days if you email him.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 04:00:44 PM »

The first thing to try would be to get a tap for 8/32 and try to re-tap the hole.  This sometimes works, depending on how badly the theads were damaged.

Retap the hole and try inserting a new screw. 

If that doesn't work, you'll need to drill the hole out a bit bigger and then tap it fresh and install a new, larger retention screw.

You can get everything you need to do this at Lowes, and if you take your hilt in with you they can probably give you exact instructions on how to do it.  You'll also make the sales associate's day no doubt.  :-)

Barring that, no doubt Ultra or Deep can and will repair it for you, but you'll have to ship it to them and back, so the cost may be more in favor of the "local" solution.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

striker8
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 08:27:56 PM »

The guys at US will most likely be able to help you, in my experience they're pretty good with things. Drop them a mail but with con season going it may take them a bit getting back to you. That being said it might would probably be faster and cheaper( shipping isn't all that cheap anymore) to DIY it or find someone local that can check your problem out and fix it, stripped threads are not a saber exclusive problem.

Since without seeing your saber it's hard to give a definite answer on what specific fix is needed or desired. If you are comfortable and experienced using basic hand tools and a drill it's a rather simple DIY job that many here can direct you to what you need and how to do if you decide on this route. If you don't feel comfortable doing a DIY odds are you can find family or friends that capable of doing it if you ask around, many jobs and hobbies use the skills involved even if it's not obvious.

If for some reason you just don't know anyone, see if you have a machine shop, auto/motorcycle/equipment garage, nearby and ask if they can do it. Unlike the DIY/friend/family method it might cost you few bucks though but should still be faster and cheaper than shipping it back.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: