Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: GCW- continuation and direction  (Read 17142 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3211

You can't take the sky from me....

« on: June 30, 2014, 02:19:59 AM »

ok, so GCW has gotten a bit messed up, and has been sitting stagnant. After briefly talking to Rel about it, I'm beating him to it here by posting this rofl. Basically, I think we need a show of hands of who wants to continue GCW to see if it is worth it, and if we do, what direction?

Do we want to continue on from where we left off? Do a bit of a time lapse/ narrative (a suggestion made by Rel), to get past this messy bit and get the same general storyline back on track?

Do we want to do a large time lapse, past these events, and start on a new mission in the future, either related or unrelated?

Do we want to keep our characters, or create new ones if people want to, and start afresh, disregarding what has happened so far?

personally I love my character Belyra and want to keep playing her, she is great fun, I've had some funny moments with her and I'd hate to see her wasted. I am all for either a small time lapse with narrative to get the mission back and know where everyone is at, or do a large one and start a fresh mission. Whether that be we say everyone got out (cept those that don't want to rejoin or want to scrap their characters) and mission was either a success, or we say it was a failure and there is a new plan of attack.

So, people! opinions, ideas, brainstorms! Go for it Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 02:23:24 AM »

I'm up for continuing where we left off with a minor lapse. Just as you enjoy your character, I enjoy mine. I have time now, so I'm up for it. Let's get this baby rolling again.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 127

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 05:49:52 AM »

I like the idea of a time-jump to after the mission (with appropriate character deaths), and when it comes up, everyone's all vague about what happened, or don't want to talk about it, but every now and then, there are hints at how outlandish the mission was.

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 11:02:22 AM »

I think either a lapse to mid mission or afterwards would probably be good.  If we lapsed to afterwards then we could denote who, if any, was lost on the mission.  I'd say people who aren't or don't want to be involved anymore. 

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 12:00:08 PM »

I also think a lapse to either the middle or end of the mission would be good. My character still has so much potential either way

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 12:26:08 PM »

Well so far the time lapse idea seems popular, and potentially to the end of the mission. And yeah, thats my thinking- those that dont want to join in again or wish to create new characters, their existing characters were lost during the mission. Captured, killed, whatever.

xae, the vagueness could definitely be a way to get around things. Whatever time lapse happens though, I think we would need a narrative as Rel said, just so that everyone is starting on the same page so to speak. That way we are all aware of what general events transpired.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -89

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 11:44:26 AM »

Yeah, I'm still onboard. I'm all for the end of mission lapse, arriving back in the Qanotha's hangar with a (new) stolen Imp shuttle, or even on Belyra's ship.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 06:59:14 PM »

Yeah, I'm still onboard. I'm all for the end of mission lapse, arriving back in the Qanotha's hangar with a (new) stolen Imp shuttle, or even on Belyra's ship.

this sounds like a good point to start with to me! Anyone else agree or have a different idea?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 231

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 08:49:39 PM »

I'm not really liking the time lapse idea.  I'd like to continue playing where we are, even if it's just to escape.

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 11:47:43 PM »

And what, say the others had simultaneous seizures and derail the plot line with suspicious characters?

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 07:33:23 AM »

And what, say the others had simultaneous seizures and derail the plot line with suspicious characters?

Hey I resemble that remark!

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 12:43:42 PM »

Hey I resemble that remark!

... What?

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 12:50:59 PM »

I have Gran mal seizures with no known causes therefore:
I resemble that remark!

Sabers:

Wish list:

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 06:57:54 PM »

Oh. Still though, it wouldn't make much sense and it would waste a lot of time. My vote stands.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 08:21:55 PM »

Oh. Still though, it wouldn't make much sense and it would waste a lot of time. My vote stands.

thats my thought on starting from where we are. The storyline got messed up for a combination of reasons, and my best guess is that people are probably unsatisfied with it. If we time lapse to returning from the mission, then we can sweep that aside and start afresh, without going to the time and effort of a full revamp.

Sadly we can't satisfy everyone's wishes here, and will have to go with majority vote. So far as I can tell through people's comments, the preference would be to jump to the end of this mission (since some people want a jump to the end and others aren't bothered which time lapse). Any one else's input before we move on to working out what happened during this time lapse?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: