Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: GCW- continuation and direction  (Read 17176 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1883

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 08:55:51 PM »

Jumping ahead is a plan.  If there are those who do not want to, I would like to hear why.

It is the thought to move the story forward but not too far, just enough to put the train back on the rails.

With everyone being deeply separated it has left the game fractured...but we can fix it, for sure, just need to find a common focus and head towards it.

Thus the idea of the jump...keeping in mind that the game time had barley progressed, so the idea would be to locate the cruiser and get it back into the picture...and from there tag each team for a unifying focus.

Thoughts?

Light side points please Smiley

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 10:33:13 PM »

My thought is we should move those on Alvor at least to the point where the secret agent is about to reveal himself, or is accepted as a possible ally whom they can use until they tire of his smart remarks:). Bel and co. I think should either be where they are confronting Toen cause that was interesting or have moved passed that to the point where they have the info on the info that sent us here in the first place and are about to rendezvous with the Qanotha.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3211

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 11:01:46 PM »

My thought is we should move those on Alvor at least to the point where the secret agent is about to reveal himself, or is accepted as a possible ally whom they can use until they tire of his smart remarks:). Bel and co. I think should either be where they are confronting Toen cause that was interesting or have moved passed that to the point where they have the info on the info that sent us here in the first place and are about to rendezvous with the Qanotha.

The latter part is a long way forwards of now. for starters the captain of the qanotha has a strong dislike and distrust of smugglers. And to get that Info means going to nar shadda (I think thats where I said it is?) And seeing if they could get it... not gonna be easy. Or potentially cheap.

the toen bit is difficult as toen was mostly bens and hes not around atm.

We do need to bring the Wagtail's Shadow/ Firebird back into the picture better. Atm our way forward in the current storyline is to be heading away from alvor and everything. Whatever happens, we need to get things back on track better.

im happy to go with whatever. I just wanna start playing again
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:12:19 PM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 127

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 11:41:08 PM »

What if Bel's crew have hijacked a cruiser and have just picked up everyone of Alvor because everything went down badly.

From there, everyone is a fugitive, and the Rebels think them dead, in a stolen vehicle and it turns out there was a traitor aboard the Quanotha whom wanted to leave everyone for dead. Now the plot is getting revenge on said Imperial leak in the Allegiance or maybe it was a shady character from one of the continuing characters' past.

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 11:47:17 PM »

What if Bel's crew have hijacked a cruiser and have just picked up everyone of Alvor because everything went down badly.

From there, everyone is a fugitive, and the Rebels think them dead, in a stolen vehicle and it turns out there was a traitor aboard the Quanotha whom wanted to leave everyone for dead. Now the plot is getting revenge on said Imperial leak in the Allegiance or maybe it was a shady character from one of the continuing characters' past.

interesting... but bel is rather attached to her YT2400. she isn't giving it up anytime soon lol

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 01:25:41 AM »

Ok, after chatting with some others and trying to remain relatively open to peopleís ideas so far, I decided i should just put my ideas out there. If you donít like them that is fine, but Iím saying them.

For starters, I think the current storyline has been messed up a bit too much and too many of the original players arenít around- Iíve already said that. I think trying to continue it from where it is isnít going to work, we are going to keep hitting the same issues, people will get disinterested, and we hit brick walls. I think we either need to do a small jump to towards the end of this mission, maybe to the point where we are escaping alvor or something. Or jump it right to the end. Then we can leave all the mess behind, those players that have left us wonít have their characters hanging around either having to be NPCed or just.... sitting around weirdly.

Secondly, while I liked the idea of no Imp players to get more people on the same side, I think perhaps that needs to change. Rel is a busy person and just hasnít been able to get on here much lately. Such is life, thatís outside our control and life is ALWAYS more important than the RP. As a result, if Rel is NPCing the Imps and we are waiting on an Imp post and Rel canít get on well, thatís a potentially long holdup. Then people get disinterested etc. My idea, if we have volunteers, is that we have a couple of players who are regular online and can commit to it (approved of by the GM) who work to NPC the Imps. Maybe each have a main character or a small squad, then NPC others as required. This is of course with the general direction of the GM and working with the GM- and will take coordination. This doesn't mean they can't then play their own Rebel character, but it just means it shares the workload and helps with unexpected hold ups.

Thirdly, and this is the hardass comment that Iím sure will upset and I apologise in advance but Iím saying it anyway. I think we need to more solidly enforce the ďif you donít post for a bit, your character is either NPCed for you or NPCed asideĒ. Iíll start this point by giving an example. Along with a few others I play another TOR RP on another website. There are just four of us, myself and another are the most active and so we have unofficially become joint GMs for it, if you could call it that with such a small group. We hold to it that if you donít respond for a few days, the others have the right to NPC your character along. Once again we have a small group and we work together in this so itís different. If you pop on saying ďhi, sorry canít post for a few days somethingís come upĒ we are cool with that and more than happy to wait. As I said, real life is more important. But if someone just doesnít respond or let anyone know and itís going on like for example, 4 days, we continue on with their character being NPCed by someone to keep them in the game so its there when they come back on. It is agreed upon by everyone, and has only had to be enforced a couple of times, and usually consists of ďsorry wonít be on, someone please NPC for me.Ē As a side note to that which I know CAN'T work on SF, we all share the NPC load and if someone is busy and can't do the extra NPCing, it is handed off to another. NPCs are also swapped back and forth as needed, for example if I usually NPC a group but my character is the one going up against them someone else takes over to make it fair. Has worked surprisingly smoothly for the last few months, probably because we work together to coordinate our efforts.

I am personally all for that. Iíd rather not hold up others because I canít get on, and Iíll admit that I get annoyed when Iíve been waiting for a response from someone going on a week.

Yes, I know thatís harder to expand to an RP like on SF. And I know some of us simply cannot get on every day, or even every couple of days. But if you can only get on once a week, play a character who acts as support rather than a leading role. Then your actions can be generally NPCed (ie, the group advanced forwards, and so-and-so took guard position watching their rear for enemies) and you can still play when you have the time.

Ok... let the complaining begin I guess.  Undecided

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 11:02:30 AM »

Time lapse or continuing where we left off, I don't care either way. Just want to keep my character.

NPCing, not that I'm not doing 16 hour days, I have time. I can write some NPC work. Done it before, I can do it again.

Whatever the majority is, has my vote. I just want to get this game going again.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 08:26:47 AM »

I'd be willing to try my hand at NPC-ing characters and all that other stuff.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 05:16:30 PM »

I have caught up with the big boats and the tournament is this weekend, so I should be back to normal time wise.

The current situations need resolving and we will get those dealt with toot sweet.

As for NPCing, the offers are appreciated.

Better to go ahead and bring a couple folks into the Assistant GM position and let them manage the NPCs when a GM is not handy.

So to that end I have a couple names in mind, but I will look to volunteers first.

As to the quick end...the rebels do not hate the smugglers lol, they just prefer order and rules where as the smugglers prefer not to follow rules and such :/

But they can agree on the important issues.

We will need to get the parties in some of common path again or the chaos will continue.

PMs to catch me up would be welcome. 

Again, sorry that real life work has kept me away...I offer hugs  Cheesy

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 05:23:14 PM »

I love hugs! Cheesy Apology accepted Tongue

and I wasn't saying that the rebels hate smugglers, just that the captain really is not a fan of them lol

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 07:20:54 PM »

Apology accepted.  Glad to have you back Rel.  Only so much you can do with all that real life jazz getting in the way.   Tongue

I will offer to NPC as well.  Hopefully with a group effort we can get this train back on track.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2014, 09:08:50 PM »

As I said in PM, I'm happy to help if you want. That's up to you though Rel, you're the boss Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 12:05:04 PM »

Hugs Smiley I have said my piece for now. And would enjoy the opportunity to help.

Sabers:

Wish list:

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -89

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 04:28:12 PM »

*awkward fist-bump*

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 05:43:44 PM »

If the assistant accepts then I will announce and if not then I will offer it to another lol.

GCW refocus coming asap!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: