Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: GCW- continuation and direction  (Read 17143 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3211

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2014, 10:50:00 PM »

Ok everyone, I have been working on getting this up and running. Waiting on Rel to approve an idea I've pitched to him before I go further.

Firstly, thankyou to everyone that has responded to my PMs. It is much appreciated, and now that the week is up I can announce which characters will be joining us at the start of the GCW. Pretty much, only a few people will be left behind as either dead or captured- most of those who didn't respond, didn't get on the shuttle heading out as they haven't played in a while. A couple of characters, I am confirming with Rel what we will be doing.

Wagtail's Shadow: Belyra Vekraa, Tharu Tyy'n and Marik Thal
Team on Alvor: Coren Lunelle, Kardac Shalth, Dante Mercanti, Joash.
Still aboard the Qanotha: Captain Hrental (will be NPCed), Hentor Kulric

If you missed the week deadline, please PM me anyway. We can either work your character in, or come up with a new one for you to play Smiley

I will keep you all updated as I know more. As we know though, our intrepid leader is a bit busy currently so as soon as I know what's going on, you will Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 127

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2014, 10:56:07 PM »

Sounds good, Blondie! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us ^_^

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 231

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 08:44:54 AM »

Ok everyone, I have been working on getting this up and running. Waiting on Rel to approve an idea I've pitched to him before I go further.

Firstly, thankyou to everyone that has responded to my PMs. It is much appreciated, and now that the week is up I can announce which characters will be joining us at the start of the GCW. Pretty much, only a few people will be left behind as either dead or captured- most of those who didn't respond, didn't get on the shuttle heading out as they haven't played in a while. A couple of characters, I am confirming with Rel what we will be doing.

Wagtail's Shadow: Belyra Vekraa, Tharu Tyy'n and Marik Thal
Team on Alvor: Coren Lunelle, Kardac Shalth, Dante Mercanti, Joash.
Still aboard the Qanotha: Captain Hrental (will be NPCed), Hentor Kulric

If you missed the week deadline, please PM me anyway. We can either work your character in, or come up with a new one for you to play Smiley

I will keep you all updated as I know more. As we know though, our intrepid leader is a bit busy currently so as soon as I know what's going on, you will Smiley

What are you doing with my character?

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 08:56:55 AM »

Thanks blondie:).

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2014, 09:08:49 AM »

What are you doing with my character?

That's to be confirmed with Rel, after all he is boss Smiley . Assuming a time jump to the end of the mission and us restarting as they arrive back at the Qanotha, my idea is to bring him back unconscious and injured. Then you will have at least until the mission itself starts to go on the mission with the main crew Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2014, 07:53:31 AM »

Ok everyone, still waiting for confirmation from Rel who has been absent, but I've been working on my storyline idea and fleshing things out, filling in details etc. Thanks for your patience, we should be good to roll very soon Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2014, 08:59:18 AM »

Ok:).

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1883

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2014, 12:00:35 PM »

Yay blonde bomber to the rescue!  I'm on the road but should be back online tonight, looking forward to seeing what she lines up for the refresh Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -89

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2014, 06:18:13 PM »

*Loads and primes blaster*
Let's rock and roll!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 10:02:16 AM »

this is literally ready to post people!  Cheesy Just doing the final little discussions with Rel, then everyone involved will be sent PMs with information that their character will need to know more specifically and I will put the narrative up Smiley This should be up and running again by the end of the week at latest!

I will say this however: as I am sure you have figured out by now Rel has made me assistant GM, though I'm sure the title under my name is a bit of a give away  Wink Earlier I posted this:

Thirdly, and this is the hardass comment that I’m sure will upset and I apologise in advance but I’m saying it anyway. I think we need to more solidly enforce the “if you don’t post for a bit, your character is either NPCed for you or NPCed aside”. I’ll start this point by giving an example. Along with a few others I play another TOR RP on another website. There are just four of us, myself and another are the most active and so we have unofficially become joint GMs for it, if you could call it that with such a small group. We hold to it that if you don’t respond for a few days, the others have the right to NPC your character along. Once again we have a small group and we work together in this so it’s different. If you pop on saying “hi, sorry can’t post for a few days something’s come up” we are cool with that and more than happy to wait. As I said, real life is more important. But if someone just doesn’t respond or let anyone know and it’s going on like for example, 4 days, we continue on with their character being NPCed by someone to keep them in the game so its there when they come back on. It is agreed upon by everyone, and has only had to be enforced a couple of times, and usually consists of “sorry won’t be on, someone please NPC for me.” As a side note to that which I know CAN'T work on SF, we all share the NPC load and if someone is busy and can't do the extra NPCing, it is handed off to another. NPCs are also swapped back and forth as needed, for example if I usually NPC a group but my character is the one going up against them someone else takes over to make it fair. Has worked surprisingly smoothly for the last few months, probably because we work together to coordinate our efforts.

This is something that I want to be enforcing- if you are away for a length of time, your character will be NPCed. Don't get me wrong- I understand that things come up and you can't post, and that some people can only get on once or twice a week. Please, if you can't get on to post just flick me a PM and let me know, it will only take you a couple of minutes. If you want to nominate someone else to post for your character in your absence just let me know who Smiley If you are the type of person who only has the time to get on once a week please send me a PM and let me know, that way we can make sure we can accommodate that Smiley

I don't want this rule to alienate anyone, I just want to ensure that no one ends up getting stuck for weeks at a time waiting on one player to respond Smiley this rule applies to us GMs as well. If we aren't posting or haven't responded to a particular post please just let us know, its possible we have just missed it. In a couple of months I won't be around as often as I will be getting married and then going on my honeymoon, and if I can't post for a few days I will make sure someone can do any posting for me so that things don't get held up.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2014, 07:06:31 AM »

The long awaited narrative is here! I am posting it here to give everyone a chance to see it before the game starts. Everyone playing should have received a PM with information pertaining to their character, if you haven't let me know Smiley

Once I have posted this narrative up in the Qanotha thread and a Hrental post has been made, that will be your cue that the game has began and you can feel free to post there. Please don't make any posts in the Qanotha thread until then!

And most of all everyone: have fun! Feel free to ask questions via PM if you need to Smiley

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character/ Player Status:
Wagtail's Shadow: Belyra Vekraa (B1ondeange1), Tharu Tyy'n (Xaeyon) and Marik Thal (Master Rel).
Stolen Imperial Shuttle: Coren Lunelle (Darth Abaddon), Kardac Shalth (Krace), Dante Mercanti (Deceptae), Joash (Jedijosh) and Kellam Styg (kewlkev360). Kalli Acklay (Aletani) is injured and unconscious.
Still aboard the Qanotha: Captain Hrental (will be NPCed), Hentor Kulric (Darth Rifter).
PCs still aboard the Qanotha but not being played: Daeron Sandor, Ezekiel Qualls, Dav Antilles.
Dead or captured: Major Saul Vonner, Jerima Krist, Deidre.

Overview
The Rebels had partial success in completing their mission. They managed to find the scientist Lansar Jaye but he is killed in the attempt to escape. In the process they recovered the superweapon’s plans and destroyed the research laboratory. The team did damage to a communications tower, destroying a nearby civilian sector in the process which resulted in the deaths of hundreds if not thousands of civilians. One hangar of TIE fighters took damage but it only puts a small dent in the number of fighters ready to launch. They failed to take out the entire Imperial base on Radvam and don’t even get a crack at the other cities. With their black sun shuttle damaged they stole an Imperial shuttle to make good their escape. Major Vonner was shot down and killed during the attempt to capture the scientist, and Krist and Deidre fell, feared dead. Acklay succumbed to her injuries falling unconscious on the way to the hangar and had to be carried the rest of the way.

When the Rebel force under the guise of Black Sun members snuck into the scientist’s laboratory the undercover agent Joash realised what was happening. He helped ease the way for the Rebels from the shadows then helped them take over the laboratory. He revealed who he was and continued to assist them. The Rebels still don’t fully trust him but given how he helped them have allowed him to escape with them.

Meanwhile, the crew aboard the Wagtail’s Shadow had gotten little information out of Toen and after exiting hyperspace made the jump to Nar Shadaa. After having enough of Toen’s maniacal threats Bel shot him, and Tyy’n got what information he could from the Imperial’s datapad. While Bel and Tyy’n went to hunt down Bel’s contact, Thal worked on making contact with the Qanotha. The pair managed to find out some more details about Alvor but nothing really useful. They did however gain information about another facility. By the time they made their way back to the Shadow Thal had gotten the coordinates that the Qanotha had jumped to. Given the information they had gathered they made the decision to return to Alvor and help the team there if they were able.

The Wagtail’s Shadow jumped back into Alvor at about the same time that the Rebels were taking off from Radvam. Realising that the Shadow had returned Kardac made contact and updated them. The Shadow helped the shuttle escape by running interference with the Imperial fighters and providing cover fire, taking damage in the process. As XO Kardac knew the next emergency jump coordinates of the Qanotha and made contact with them, making the jump to hyperspace as soon as possible. The Shadow followed shortly after.

The story resumes with the stolen Imperial shuttle entering the main hangar of the Qanotha. A medical team is on hand at the hangar to take Acklay immediately to the medical station and to treat the injured. Taking no chances, Captain Hrental has a team of twenty security officers, all with their rifles trained on the shuttle and defensive turrets on standby. The Qanotha is on high alert. If this is an Imperial trick the Qanotha will destroy the shuttle and make the jump immediately. The Shadow is only a short way behind the shuttle and will come out of hyperspace soon after the shuttle has landed.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1883

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2014, 07:42:34 PM »

All sounds good!

Yay!

Light side points please Smiley

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2014, 08:47:56 PM »

We are live people!

Happy playing to all! Please redirect any further comments or questions to the GCW OOC thread Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: