Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Manticore CE  (Read 290869 times)
Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2015, 07:32:04 PM »

Hot Pink...how fun! That'll make for a very unique Manticore compared to what I've seen. HP with nickel finish...I hope you'll share pics in the Gallery threads when it comes in!

I shall do a youtube review (like I have done so far). Yep, can't wait.  Cheesy

Lady J
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 64

Nothing lasts forever...

« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2015, 07:58:16 PM »

I'm very excited to see your saber Lord Sidious  Cheesy

GaleForceEight
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 23

You know nothing...

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2016, 05:47:41 PM »

Well... As a new member here I took the plunge and ordered the Emerald Manticore in nickel plate, with the V4 sound board control with an RGBW Led set.

I never liked the shininess of such things but I plan to offset that by adding a rawhide lacing grip along the length of the body so that the nickel plating is contrasted with a weathered brown leather.

I think the effect might be worthwhile.

Any idiot can squeeze a trigger....

It takes a special kind of idiot to use a sword!

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2016, 06:14:54 PM »

Well... As a new member here I took the plunge and ordered the Emerald Manticore in nickel plate, with the V4 sound board control with an RGBW Led set.

I never liked the shininess of such things but I plan to offset that by adding a rawhide lacing grip along the length of the body so that the nickel plating is contrasted with a weathered brown leather.

I think the effect might be worthwhile.

Great choice! I absolutely love mine. It looks great with any blade color, which is perfect since you went for the Emerald Driver  Smiley

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2016, 04:53:01 PM »

I love my Emerald manticore CE

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

GaleForceEight
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 23

You know nothing...

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2016, 06:18:20 PM »

I love my Emerald manticore CE

I just did a strange thing.....

Well strange in that I am a chap, anyway! I don't have any scraps of leather idly waiting around the house and looking at the price of leather in the local haberdashery store, I went looking for another source.

No, I didn't go and kill something furry and then skin it...

I plumped for the far more civilised method of popping onto eBay and buying a leather skirt that was about to be unsold at 99 pence! Years of playing rugby have left me with legs that really wouldn't flatter the skirt anyway - besides which it is size 6 and would probably get no further than my knees, and the skirt should have sufficient for all my saber-dressing requirements for years to come!

Any idiot can squeeze a trigger....

It takes a special kind of idiot to use a sword!

zuka213
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 74

May the Force be With You

« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2016, 07:50:33 PM »

that's a really good idea actually

Light Side points plx
Cheesy

kman
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2016, 11:44:05 PM »

Ordered my Manticore CE last Friday, and received it today!  Woohoo!

It's a beaut.

Unfortunately, it's also not the one I ordered. Sad  Unless ALL Manticores have black painted "handle areas" in the middle now?  I thought that was just an option... and certainly not an option I chose.

Fingers crossed that the replacement process is as smooth as the order process was...

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2016, 12:10:46 AM »

It's a beaut.

Unfortunately, it's also not the one I ordered. Sad  Unless ALL Manticores have black painted "handle areas" in the middle now?  I thought that was just an option... and certainly not an option I chose.

Fingers crossed that the replacement process is as smooth as the order process was...

That's a totally different saber - not an option you select.

Are you certain you ordered the CE?  There is a Manticore and then the Manticore CE.

What does your receipt with the specs say?

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

kman
Force Sensitive

« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2016, 01:21:38 AM »

That's a totally different saber - not an option you select.

Are you certain you ordered the CE?  There is a Manticore and then the Manticore CE.

What does your receipt with the specs say?

Ugh.  It does indeed say Manticore and not Manticore CE.  I have NO idea how that could have happened.  I've had the stupid order page up (clearly showing a silver handle!) for two months before finally pulling the trigger!

1 of : Manticore with Obsidian Premium Sound [Blade LED Color:Guardian Blue][Flash on Clash:Flash Silver][Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & XTAR VC2 Plus Charger Included) [Summer Sales Strike Back]][Recharge Port:Recharge Port + 1.2A Fast Charger][Blade Length:36" Standard Size][Blade Option:UltraEdge Midgrade][Pommel Version:High Profile][Quick Disconnect:Sure, Add Them!][Sound:Obsidian USB V3 Sound! [V3]][Switch Type:Blue Illuminated Silver AV Switch][Blade Tip:Round Tip][Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks][Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Circle Plug][Include Saber Stand:No Thanks][Include MINI USB Cable:No Thanks][Include Covertec Clip:Yes!][Install Covertec Wheel:Yes ($10 install + $4 covertec)]

I notice that when specing it out (and ensuring I'm on the Manticore CE page) the price is identical.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2016, 08:06:58 PM »

You were probably just tired or something and wasn't paying attention. I do that sometimes so Tongue What color is it in at least?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2016, 08:36:10 PM »

It's a beaut.

Manitcore is a good saber with black handle or the CE Version

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

kman
Force Sensitive

« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2016, 12:46:57 AM »

You were probably just tired or something and wasn't paying attention. I do that sometimes so Tongue What color is it in at least?

It's the Guardian Blue with silver FOC.

I really don't know how I managed to click on the wrong one after all the time I've been looking at this saber, but US is sticking to their terms, and hitting me with a 20% restocking fee, so this was nearly a $100 mistake, it would seem.

I love the saber, and the emitter in particular, but after this experience, I don't know if I even want to replace it with the correct saber, at this point.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2016, 04:04:46 AM »

I would say to keep it if you love it this much already Tongue I myself like dark themed hilts with Jedi blade colors so

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: