Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Consular saber review. Updated 7/28/11  (Read 6111 times)
Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« on: July 27, 2011, 09:56:55 AM »

Ok guys I got this thing in today, and boy is it amazing! Enjoy the pics and video!

Here's my video review please enjoy this in depth review. Smiley

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4veIZQEZ1Qo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4veIZQEZ1Qo</a>

Here's a comparison of the Ultra Edge and the Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blades.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaUlmKM1qq4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaUlmKM1qq4</a>
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:22:18 PM by Daniel Anteron » Logged

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 05:56:06 PM »

Great review. Thanks for the look under the hood as well.

Do you have another blade with which to compare? That's the best result I've seen on the ultra edge, and it makes me wonder about getting one in the mid grade. I have a heavy grade ultra edge and it really seems to mute the LED quite a lot.

Again, thanks for the great review.

Enjoy your saber!

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »

Great review. Thanks for the look under the hood as well.

Do you have another blade with which to compare? That's the best result I've seen on the ultra edge, and it makes me wonder about getting one in the mid grade. I have a heavy grade ultra edge and it really seems to mute the LED quite a lot.

Again, thanks for the great review.

Enjoy your saber!

Hey man thanks I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Yeah I really wanted to go into detail on it for anyone who was new to this hobby, and really show them how everything worked.

And the reason why the blade probably looks so good is because the webcam I was using shoots in 720P the video itself was over 900mb lol. The only other blade that I have right now is an ultra edge heavy grade. However, I'm thinking about picking up a grab bag saber next week and I'll probably get just a standard mid grade blade with it. If you would like I would be willing to show you the difference between the two blades I have right now. Otherwise once I get that mid grade blade I'll make a comparison video. Smiley

I can say this though the standard ultra edge blade brings out a beautiful amount of color and light. It almost hurt my eyes the first time I turned it on in the dark. Cheesy

navajas
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 10:31:27 PM »

I would very much like to see a comparison between the two grades of ultra edge on this saber. If you can show a video and or stills comparing the two I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!  Smiley

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 12:15:47 AM »

I would very much like to see a comparison between the two grades of ultra edge on this saber. If you can show a video and or stills comparing the two I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!  Smiley

Ask and it shall be given my friend. I will make a comparison video tonight after I get off work (in about 3 hours) and I'll upload it and share it with you guys on here. I actually have yet to try the UEHG blade in it yet myself so I'm actually curious as well. Grin

navajas
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 12:28:57 AM »

My Mom's Guardian Blue Prophecy (you can look for the review) is the dimmest saber in the family by far. With the heavy duty ultra edge from my 3 year old's Archon installed it really struggles. Since they're basically running the same rig (LED + Sound + Illuminated Switch) I'm wondering how much better it might look in a mid grade blade.

This is mostly academic since she mostly leaves the 36" heavy standard edge in, but we switch it out if she's fighting the boys.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 04:50:17 AM »

excellent review! that saber is a beauty, and its so bright!

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 11:56:05 AM »

My Mom's Guardian Blue Prophecy (you can look for the review) is the dimmest saber in the family by far. With the heavy duty ultra edge from my 3 year old's Archon installed it really struggles. Since they're basically running the same rig (LED + Sound + Illuminated Switch) I'm wondering how much better it might look in a mid grade blade.

This is mostly academic since she mostly leaves the 36" heavy standard edge in, but we switch it out if she's fighting the boys.

Yeah I think I actually saw your review you had a video in it to right? If so awesome review I liked what was done to it. Smiley And there is a difference between the two blades mainly with dealing with the blade tip. However, it's possible on that saber there could be an even greater difference. My video is uploading as I type this and once it's up I'll put it in my original post. Grin

excellent review! that saber is a beauty, and its so bright!

Hey thanks man, and yeah arctic blue is a really really really bright color. Cheesy

darth nicromonia
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -39

Embrace The Dark Side

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 06:54:11 PM »

Great review, It sure is an amazing saber, Enjoy it Wink

Archon: Guardian Blue

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 10:35:26 PM »

Great review, It sure is an amazing saber, Enjoy it Wink

Thanks man I absolutely love the Consular hilt with all the features I got on it. And don't worry I haven't been able to put the thing down when I'm at home lol. I just keep playing around with it. Cheesy

nader462
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 11:08:52 PM »

I'm new to the forum but I had to reply and rave at how awesome this saber is. This is my first Ultrasaber and they do not disappoint! I ordered it in arctic blue and compared it to my Force FX sabers and it blows them away. The shipping time was impressive as well, barely a week from order to delivery. I will definately be ordering more in the future.

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 02:01:14 AM »

I'm new to the forum but I had to reply and rave at how awesome this saber is. This is my first Ultrasaber and they do not disappoint! I ordered it in arctic blue and compared it to my Force FX sabers and it blows them away. The shipping time was impressive as well, barely a week from order to delivery. I will definately be ordering more in the future.

Yeah man the Consular is a beautiful hilt!

nader462
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 02:46:51 AM »

I think I am gonna go with a Bellicose next and try and download a really cool Sith sound font

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: