Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag Commentary for First Time Buyers  (Read 203948 times)
Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 07:51:19 AM »

There has been afew sabers with RGB or sound that has shown up as a grab bag but those are very rare and if you order one you should expect it not to have sound or be loaded with any of the added features

however most sabers that you do get as a grab bag are upgradable to have sound or emerald. I honestly would wait for a sale if you wanted to get a fully loaded saber

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2014, 02:19:42 PM »

I had a pretty good experience with my grab bag option. I ended up with a Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver w/colour discs (requested the colour) with Standard 4-AAA setup. That's about $81.99 straight-up from the site, but I saved about $20-30 through the grab-bag option. It's a good, very solid, basic saber. I can dig it.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Stuwy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 11:21:56 AM »

I already have 4 US, ones I chose and built up. I want another hilt to customise and I am not fussed about what one I get so my next is going to be a grab bag!

You don't know the power, of the dark side!

kanesword
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2015, 05:57:00 PM »

I'm new so forgive the question, but where do you order a grab bag? I've looked around and can't find it.

Choco
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2015, 06:29:54 PM »

I'm new so forgive the question, but where do you order a grab bag? I've looked around and can't find it.

on the US website hit "single blade sabers" and scroll down the page you should find it

http://www.ultrasabers.com/GrabBag-p/grabbag.htm if your having trouble finding it

Sabers I own

kanesword
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2015, 12:48:49 AM »

on the US website hit "single blade sabers" and scroll down the page you should find it

http://www.ultrasabers.com/GrabBag-p/grabbag.htm if your having trouble finding it

Thanks.

Stuwy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »

just a stoopid question, does the standard Issue battle saber normally come highly polished and with US logo laser etched into the back?

I wanted to get a grabbag to customise as per my post above but it looks too nice to modify  Cool

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2015, 06:17:33 PM »

Hi Stuwy.  All the sabers generally have a higher buffed polish whether in silver or anodized black.  Some parts more than others.  The US logo on the bottom side of the emitter area that you are referring to comes up on grab bags occasionally.  Last summer there were a few found mainly on Aeon v3's.  No reason given by US about whether this logo was specifically for an event or advertising trial.  I think it is cool and would like to have one on a stunt.

The expressed opinions by many members is that they would not want a business branding on their sabers.  Perhaps US could offer their logo etched on as an extra option for a small fee on some lower end hilts.   Agree that it is too cool to modify with a shroud and think that you are lucky to get one. This saber looks good with a leather like grip wrap on the lower hilt.  And share a photo if you can.  Smiley  Cool
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:22:56 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Stuwy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2015, 12:42:33 PM »

thanks for the answer. I'll grab a pic tonight.. its my 5th US so I should know what I'm talking about by now  Roll Eyes

and for the record I think it looks epic

Choco
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 06:41:10 PM »

thanks for the answer. I'll grab a pic tonight.. its my 5th US so I should know what I'm talking about by now  Roll Eyes

and for the record I think it looks epic

I'd love to see some pics but I know the logo was something that popped up on a few grabbags

Sabers I own

Stuwy2
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2015, 06:45:29 PM »

As promised

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2015, 07:05:48 PM »

Thanks for the photo as many members haven't seen the US logo which I think is really awesome and energetic.  I still am asking for member's suggestions and opinions when I want to purchase a new saber and am unsure of the specifics.  Very helpful ideas shared.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:09:09 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Stuwy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2015, 07:11:49 PM »

I would not want it on all my sabers but I liked it on this one, hard to explain why but it makes it feel a bit more special...

Choco
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2015, 08:26:31 AM »

I approve of your shinyness  Wink sabers look good when their buffed up and shiney

Sabers I own

DuRwIn
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

~
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2015, 10:38:07 AM »

I am new to the US Forum and US in general, and want to take a moment to thank all of you for your insights.  I have recently ordered a sabre along with a grab bag and free initiate and I'm eager to revel in the quality of their workmanship.  I fashioned my first lightsabre in late 1979 and as you can imagine, technology was a limiting factor.   Tongue  I spent months on the hilt and back then, the blades were wooden and painted either blue or red.  I am amazed at the MHS compatibility options and know from experience that it would have taken a long time (for me at least) to manufacture even the simplest of pommels, let alone a War Glaive or Dark War Glaive.

Thanks to Ultra Sabers for assembling a line of interchangeable components; I hope in future more bodies and options will be available to those of us who wish to build a sabre from scratch!

Be well and May The Force Be With You, Always

~DuRwIn

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: