Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag Commentary for First Time Buyers  (Read 203941 times)
Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #375 on: September 30, 2016, 03:57:58 PM »

hehehe, ok man, ok! will take a couple later when the wife isnt around (cant let it be seen until her birthday, as it came with her gift and seeing it would raise too many questions... lol)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #376 on: September 30, 2016, 04:01:37 PM »

Oh, I see.  In that case, we can wait until you give her the saber.  No surprises need be spoiled on my account. Wink

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #377 on: September 30, 2016, 04:06:27 PM »

Oh, the Aeon isnt her gift, that was just my naughty add-on to the order of her gift that she knows nothing about... lol

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #378 on: September 30, 2016, 05:02:37 PM »

Sure, but pulling the Aeon out for some pics could lead to getting caught and the inevitable uncomfortable round of questions.  If backed into a corner, you're likely to spoil the birthday surprise to avoid being in the doghouse, and I don't want to be the inadvertent cause of that chain of events.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #379 on: September 30, 2016, 11:49:09 PM »

My first ever Grab Bag Sabers came yesterday, and it was great.  My unboxing video didn't turn out so well, I need more practice I guess  Undecided  so I did another one after the fact to show what I received.  Take a look:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtLGpnQZHo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtLGpnQZHo</a>

• Apprentice LE V4 Blazing Red
  • Dominix V3 Blazing Red
  • Liberator V3 Consular Green

Really fun to order these and had a blast dueling last night!  My son and I would take turns taking the two blazing red led grab bag sabers dueling the other with the one consular green grab bag saber.  Wielding 2 sabers at time is tricky!  I had already purchased two other sabers before this: Consular CE with Obsidian Lite Sound in Guardian Blue and Electrum Wind (Emerald) with Obsidian V4 Sound, Recharge Port and white illuminated silver AV switch, so this was having pure fun to see what I ended up with and taking advantage of the FREE GRAB BAG SABER promotion on now until Oct. 13th.  I ordered these with a new Manticore (Emerald) in Consular Green (Pyrestone Orange FOC) with recharge port and white illuminated silver AV switch for my son's birthday.  It's funny how much lighter these grab bag sabers and the Manticore all feel compared to my Electrum Wind saber I received on Tuesday.  I friggin LOVE my Electrum Wind and my Consular sabers, but it was cool to do some spinning and dueling with some lighter weight sabers.

Here's a video of the 53 inch rifle case I bought on Amazon for $45 to hold at least some of my Ultrasabers.  I'm already filling it up!   Cheesy  Works nicely, though. Might have to buy another one and stack'em.  The one at the back of the inside of the case (nearest the case hinges) is my son's Manticore (Emerald):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYvLa4jCIY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYvLa4jCIY</a>

Definitely asking for a display stand for Christmas that will display at least 3 -5 of Ultrasabers on the wall.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #380 on: October 01, 2016, 03:38:34 AM »

Great set of sabers, LB.  Smiley

anson
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #381 on: October 29, 2016, 07:09:32 PM »

I just received my first Ultrasaber via the Grab Bag, a base Dark Apprentice V4 with what I believe is a 36" Blazing Red Ultraedge Midgrade blade.  While I didn't quite "win the grab bag lottery" I went with a Grab Bag order so I could sample a US for its feel and build quality (and to have a saber to gift to my son so I can ultimately order a souped up model).  So far so good!  I've taken it apart to get to know the build and I'm definitely impressed with the quality and simplicity of this saber.  I'm also very happy with the brightness and the evenly lit blade.  I'm confident that my future purchase will be quite awesome.

Cheers, everyone!
-anson

Gray Legionary
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #382 on: November 04, 2016, 12:33:22 AM »

Full sized blades are what you get when you request on with a grab bag, however you can put in the order comments for a shorter blade. Just to let you know, Initiates do not come in grab bags anymore.

they don't? awesome! that was my real hang up -- my hands are just too big for anything initiate. thank you very much for that information! take some points!

I am a Gray Jedi.
There is passion, but also peace.
There is strength, but also serenity.
There is victory, but also harmony.
All is balance.

Gray Legionary
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #383 on: November 04, 2016, 12:42:48 AM »

EDIT: sorry, I found the answer to my question that was here. does anybody know how to delete a post?

I am a Gray Jedi.
All is balance.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #384 on: November 04, 2016, 01:36:41 AM »

EDIT: sorry, I found the answer to my question that was here. does anybody know how to delete a post?

You can edit a post within the hour you posted, but no posts can be deleted

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #385 on: November 04, 2016, 02:31:01 AM »

You can edit a post within the hour you posted, but no posts can be deleted

Except the mods, they can delete posts.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #386 on: November 04, 2016, 01:43:20 PM »

they don't? awesome! that was my real hang up -- my hands are just too big for anything initiate. thank you very much for that information! take some points!

That post about Initiates not coming in Grab Bags is out of date.  I got my Initiate LE V4 earlier this year in a Grab Bag, and people are still getting Initiates and Apprentices.  Remember, it's what they grab.  There are actually four Initiates in the store page picture showing (some of) the Grab Bag possibilities.

Gray Legionary
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #387 on: November 04, 2016, 07:42:03 PM »

That post about Initiates not coming in Grab Bags is out of date.  I got my Initiate LE V4 earlier this year in a Grab Bag, and people are still getting Initiates and Apprentices.  Remember, it's what they grab.  There are actually four Initiates in the store page picture showing (some of) the Grab Bag possibilities.

oh okay, thank you for clarifying, have a point. Does anyone happen to know the statistics for getting an initiate or apprentice out of a grab bag?

I am a Gray Jedi.
All is balance.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #388 on: November 05, 2016, 03:49:11 AM »

It's completely random, luck of the draw.  There's no way to accurately compile statistics with it being random.  You can look at the gallery page on Grab Bags and you'll see how random it is:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8172.0

If you're unsure, just order the larger hilt of your choice.  For the price of a grab bag with blade, ($70) you can get any Aeon, Dominix, Sentinel or a silver Standard Issue.  Not only will it be sure to be a full size saber, it will come in your choice of any of the five standard colors at no extra cost.

The whole point of the Grab Bag (aside from cleaning out the warehouse Wink) is that it's a total roll of the dice.  Some of us like the thrill of not knowing, I have four sabers I've bought this way.  But, it's not for everyone.  If you're unsure, it's probably not for you.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #389 on: November 05, 2016, 04:31:47 AM »

It's completely random, luck of the draw.  There's no way to accurately compile statistics with it being random.  You can look at the gallery page on Grab Bags and you'll see how random it is:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8172.0

If you're unsure, just order the larger hilt of your choice.  For the price of a grab bag with blade, ($70) you can get any Aeon, Dominix, Sentinel or a silver Standard Issue.  Not only will it be sure to be a full size saber, it will come in your choice of any of the five standard colors at no extra cost.

The whole point of the Grab Bag (aside from cleaning out the warehouse Wink) is that it's a total roll of the dice.  Some of us like the thrill of not knowing, I have four sabers I've bought this way.  But, it's not for everyone.  If you're unsure, it's probably not for you.

I agree, and they always seem to be a good deal, whether it's a free upgrade to an AV switch, an Emitter with windows or simply just getting a mid-range saber for below an lower-range saber price.  They seem to always make it worth it.   What I loved about my first 3 grab bag sabers (one of which was free with the promotion they had last month), was the element of surprise. 

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: