Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag Commentary for First Time Buyers  (Read 203645 times)
ALAKAI
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #435 on: September 09, 2017, 05:36:22 PM »

I'm sure it's buried someplace but what's the difference between a grab bag and a mystery box? I see videos for both

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #436 on: September 09, 2017, 05:49:47 PM »

Grab bags are $55 without a blade or $70 with a blade and will be a stunt.  You also have other options with a Grab Bag, such as being able to specify LED color and add a Covertec wheel, at a price.

Mystery Boxes can't be customized.  You get whatever hilt and LED they send you.  For $75, you get a saber that may be a stunt, but also may have sound and Emerald.  For $200, you're guaranteed sound.  You won't get a charger if the saber comes with rechargeable batteries, but all Mystery Boxes come with an Allen wrench.

badsheep5oh
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #437 on: November 09, 2017, 12:15:19 AM »

first time buyer order a grab bag to test the waters excited to get in the mail even my wife may want one after we see what there like

sith_LordV
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #438 on: November 09, 2017, 07:57:39 PM »

Grab bag sabers are also a great gift option for a new saber enthusiast. I have bought two, one for personal use and one as a gift. It is so exciting to open the box to a saber you might not have purchased otherwise. I wanted to note that you can opt for the blade length of your desire and the blade thickness (i.e.: mid grade or heavy grade) in the comments section before you place the order.

Ultrasabers: Initiate v4, dark apprentice le v4, aeon v2, electrum wind, fulcrum.

badsheep5oh
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #439 on: November 13, 2017, 05:35:39 AM »

first time buyer order a grab bag to test the waters excited to get in the mail even my wife may want one after we see what there like

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #440 on: November 16, 2017, 01:58:42 AM »

I had purchased 2 mystery sabers before Halloween 2017 and both were stunt sabers. one was a Initiate v4  with white led and the other was a Archon v3.1 tri-color green led with the Modular LED System (MLS) unit installed. Those were my introduction to Ultra Sabers. Am I happy with them? Yes of course. Would I want to get a better saber? Yes, I did and did purchase an Initiate v4 with color changeable led and Emerald 4 sound board, then an Electrum Wind with the same mods (has not shipped yet).

I also won a first place raffle saber and am very interested in which one I finally will be receiving.

I've looked at other lightsaber builders and some have very nice looking sabers, but not in the price range that Ultra Sabers does, and definately NOT in their build/delivery time frame. I will be checking this site to see what other releases happen in the future and probably keep buying from here.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #441 on: November 16, 2017, 04:03:15 AM »

Wow chalion, sounds like you got some great stuff, I'd be interested in seeing pics

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Catfanscott
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #442 on: November 29, 2017, 10:27:36 PM »

I am totally new on here. Just got my first ultra saber via the mystery grab bag,  I got the $75  due to the fact I am poor as Luke was on tatooine, lol. But I got a nice black mantis with red blade (no sound) shucks!  But definitely got my money's worth! Very happy with hilt. Is it hard to add the sound board  and battery pack with speaker to my saber? Just checking incase i get some funds for Christmas, lol.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #443 on: November 29, 2017, 10:31:44 PM »

I am totally new on here. Just got my first ultra saber via the mystery grab bag,  I got the $75  due to the fact I am poor as Luke was on tatooine, lol. But I got a nice black mantis with red blade (no sound) shucks!  But definitely got my money's worth! Very happy with hilt. Is it hard to add the sound board  and battery pack with speaker to my saber? Just checking incase i get some funds for Christmas, lol.
Mystery Box and Grab Bag are two different things, but none the less you got a really nice saber is a $75 Mystery Box!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Saikotsu
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #444 on: December 05, 2017, 06:33:17 PM »

Personally, I feel like part of the fun of the grab bags is not knowing what you're gonna get. I am quite happy with my Dark Initiate that I got from a mystery box. I purchased it because I wanted to get a lightsaber but couldn't spend too much at the time. And now that I can, I'm buying a lost grey to pair with it.

Remember, if you're unhappy with what you got, you're the one who made the choice to buy something with no guarantee that it would be exactly what you wanted. That's like being upset when your lottery ticket doesn't win. The lotto never promised that you would win, and US was very upfront about what you were getting when you bought the grab bag/mystery box. A random hilt with a random color that MAY OR MAY NOT have sound.

SITHSLAYER
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 36

I am one with the Force and the Force is with me

« Reply #445 on: December 13, 2017, 01:41:10 PM »

Life is like a grab bag of sabers.  You never know what you are going to get.
 - Jedi Master Gump

Seriously Lana.  Call Kenny Loggins, 'cause you're in the Dangerzone.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #446 on: February 22, 2018, 08:45:44 PM »

Well said Blue. I know this will help many who are new to the whole saber thing. I used my mystery box purchase as a way to feel out US and check tbe quality of its products. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I've already planned ahead for my next 8 purchases.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

KennayGW
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 31

Force of the North and the Far East

« Reply #447 on: May 11, 2018, 12:32:05 AM »

Ive always wondered what that grab bag option was. Thanks for this post

Emperors Hand
Phantom V4
Diamond Initiate LE V4

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #448 on: June 19, 2018, 07:31:25 PM »

Ive always wondered what that grab bag option was. Thanks for this post

From my experience, Grab bag sabers are stunt sabers only, where the hilts are pulled at random.  You can select choice of color ranging from $5.00 to $14.00.  Mystery Boxes are sabers ranging from stunt to the almighty Diamond controller saber but there are two options: $75.00 for the risk of getting a saber with or without sound or the $200.00 Mystery Box which will guarantee sound no matter what box you receive.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #449 on: June 20, 2018, 01:09:36 AM »

Since I need to add a green saber to my collection and have over 1000 reward points, a grab bag sure looks tempting as I have plenty of sound sabers and want a stunt for heavy dueling.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: