Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag Commentary for First Time Buyers  (Read 202214 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #465 on: October 26, 2018, 07:15:51 PM »

I don't know what that guy was talking about. I have a friend who has a SRD prophecy with a HG blade and He (and I) love the color.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #466 on: October 27, 2018, 12:21:01 AM »

I think someone was confused over the difference between a heavy grade blade and an Ultraedge blade. Both clear and Ultraedge blades can be either midgrade or heavy grade. The only thing that will affect the color is the translucent white of an Ultraedge. Heavy grade won't affect the color. I have both midgrade and heavy grade clear blades and the color is exactly the same.

Realistically, there are only two reasons to buy a heavy grade blade: you plan to beat something with it (other sabers, trees, whatever) or you like the look of a skinnier blade. A transparent heavy grade blade will have a thinner look to it when lit because the tube is thicker. Otherwise, midgrade blades are good. My current favorite blade is a midgrade 32-inch clear, as I'm tall and I hit the ceiling less when spinning a 32 than I do a 36. Wink Though, for some of my heavier hilts, (like my Emperor's Hand) I have a 32-inch heavy grade in them for balance. They balance well with a 36-inch midgrade, but not as much with a 32-inch midgrade.

titan77
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

The Dark Side Consumes Me

« Reply #467 on: December 15, 2018, 01:27:24 AM »

I've heard and seen pics of people breaking electronics during duels, including the AAA battery packs in stunts. But, they're easy and cheap to fix/replace.

I couldn't find the AA LiIon battery packs on the site, mine is half snapped making the connection difficult, am I just looking in the wrong places?

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time"
CG Standard Issue
BR Aeon v2
BR Dark Menace x 2 (Saber Staff)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #468 on: December 14, 2018, 08:40:30 PM »

4xAAA battery holder-under electronics
This is what's in a normal stunt saber
https://ultrasabers.com/product/4-aaa-battery-holder/

LiIon battery holder-under sound
https://ultrasabers.com/product/2x-14500-li-ion-battery-holder-speaker-combo/

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #469 on: December 15, 2018, 12:05:04 PM »

4xAAA battery holder-under electronics
This is what's in a normal stunt saber
https://ultrasabers.com/product/4-aaa-battery-holder/

LiIon battery holder-under sound
https://ultrasabers.com/product/2x-14500-li-ion-battery-holder-speaker-combo/

Just a note for US Li-ion packs with the speaker holder combo. They are sold this way because the speaker holder is a de-facto support to keep it from rattling around in the hilt like the AAA-holder does in a stunt saber. That 1/4" lip at the end catches into the pommel grooves to hold it secure.

Personal comment: I've had one of my diamond controller sabers cut out in practice, because the usb connector on the board made contact with the inside of the hilt and shut the card down. A piece of tape over that solved that problem and hasn't happened since. Velcro probably would help too, but it could slip and let that happen again. Tape or velcro would also help to keep the batteries from falling out too, if that hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

BathRobeSamurai
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #470 on: December 26, 2018, 09:14:30 PM »

http://imgur.com/jbhzPjA
http://imgur.com/4Xup3zX

These are the grab bag sabers I received recently. They seem pretty awesome so far.

Can anyone tell me if these are a particular named model that is sold or if they’re just kind of a generic saber that was made as a one-off?

Also I can feel the batteries/harness sliding back and forth as I use them. Any advice on if I can maybe stuff something in there or otherwise stop that motion?

ArcannKnight007
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

Kneel before the Dragon of Zakuul

« Reply #471 on: December 26, 2018, 11:48:40 PM »

So the grab bags are just stunts while the mystery are stunts leading up to sound?

If you have ever lost someone very important to you, then you already know how it feels, and if you haven’t, you cannot possibly imagine it.

“My hands are stained with the blood of millions”

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #472 on: December 26, 2018, 11:50:48 PM »

So the grab bags are just stunts while the mystery are stunts leading up to sound?

Yes, but with grab bags, you can chose blade color but with the mystery boxes, you can get up to a Diamond controller. There’s also a $200.00 mystery box with guaranteed sound sabers

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #473 on: December 27, 2018, 01:12:13 AM »

http://imgur.com/jbhzPjA
http://imgur.com/4Xup3zX

These are the grab bag sabers I received recently. They seem pretty awesome so far.

Can anyone tell me if these are a particular named model that is sold or if they’re just kind of a generic saber that was made as a one-off?

Also I can feel the batteries/harness sliding back and forth as I use them. Any advice on if I can maybe stuff something in there or otherwise stop that motion?

The gold & silver saber looks like an Apprentice LE V4 with windows and silver AV switch. The Black Anodized one looks like a Dark Sentinel V4 with windows and silver av switch. Both nice sabers to have received from grab bags.

As for ways to stop the battery pack rattling around. There's several ways to do this. Many take some of the plastic bubble wrap from the packaging you received and use that to fill up the empty hilt space. I went to the hardware store and got some 1-1/4" pvc pipe cut to size and fit around the battery pack and that keeps it snug for me. Others cut cardboard discs out of the delivery box and stack them to fit in the hilt, or felt, or even some cloth from an old shirt. Whatever you have handy and don't mind using for the purpose will work fine.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Blackbyrd529
Force Sensitive

« Reply #474 on: March 18, 2019, 11:57:32 PM »

As interested in the grab bag sabers as i can be, my question is for the build your own trying to get a second saber but i see that the sound option is gone?
how do I get a saber with sound?

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #475 on: March 18, 2019, 06:41:48 PM »

As interested in the grab bag sabers as i can be, my question is for the build your own trying to get a second saber but i see that the sound option is gone?
how do I get a saber with sound?

when you click a specific hilt all the options are there including sound.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #476 on: March 19, 2019, 01:50:51 AM »

You have to go for a mystery box not a grab bag if you want sound.  They are two different things.  Guaranteed mystery box with sound is $200.

https://ultrasabers.com/product/mystery-box/

Select it from the drop down.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Knight Anoobis
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

Dark Side

« Reply #477 on: April 30, 2019, 05:18:03 PM »

Here's what I got in my first Grab Bag!

Dark Initiate v4 with windows and AV switch.

It's given me a chance to experience windows and an AV switch without having to pay for them.  Also it came in a color I never would have chosen and ended up loving!  I feel like it's helping form my choices for my future dream saber build.

Sabers Owned:
Initiate V2 BR
Dark Initiate v4 CG w/ Windows and AV (Grab Bag)
Initiate v3 BR

ScificommodoreJones
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #478 on: June 25, 2019, 09:35:52 PM »

I have to whole heartedly Agree, Hence why I went with the Dark Apprentice V5 with Basic sound and TRI Fire Orange for myself, for my first purchase. I decide not to go full blown every extra just yet, and a Mystery box for my Granddaughter who is eight who already had my search for Pink O-rings and I’ll probably paint her pommel some shade of pink, so no matter what she’ll be overjoyed and it will be unmistakably hers, she’ll put it through its paces, and has she grows and shows she can be responsible, I’ll let her get and upgrade… the only sad thing is my homemade Dyi saber now retired to the shelf after some 40 years of events.. It’s lasted longer than two cars… I hope my ultra-sabers can as well

Sabers owned for my granddaughter is The Dark Sentinel   LE V4 Fire orange stunt saber, while I got the Dark Apprentice v5 with light sound and tri Fire orange, the fallen V4, artic blue foc
Wife got Dominix Le V2 blazing red ,Guardian  tri  Adegan Silver
Dark Arbiter FO FOC silver V4 sound

TerronFeal
Force Sensitive

“You must begin by gaining power over yourself"

« Reply #479 on: June 29, 2019, 05:09:31 PM »

I'm big fan  of Star Wars, Going to the upcoming movie in  character been A Dream of mine turned bucket list. I tend to lean dark while the Mrs. leans to the light. since they will be hanging from a belt mostly having all the bells and whistles  not a priority at the moment. Seems it also  would be a good practical beginners saber to learn to spin  and move. the ultimate saber "for me" the Shock all decked to with every bell and whistle is over $600. so I'll learn to spin on a $65 dollar one and I won't Cringe as much dropping it repeatedly. I like the shock  because f the removable emitter and pommel  so I can change the look of it easily enough

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: