Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag Commentary for First Time Buyers  (Read 202213 times)
Thnkswckd
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -54

I LOVE THE DARKSIDE

« Reply #480 on: June 30, 2019, 05:06:26 PM »

I agree... grab bad is only a “fun” choice. I have two sabers now (different company). I bought these before I did my research to be honest.  There are many companies out there who maker sabers. What I have seen mostly falls into two specific groups, 1 movie accurate or 2 combat ready. My first sabers look ok, light color of blade can change, can add or remove parts to change look, have two font sound.  While, these sabers were not cheap to buy, the flaw is that while I can duel with them, they are NOT comfortable to hold or use. 

After my mistake I did my work. Things I find important
Combat, sound, color
I do not care if my saber is or is not canon.
Reasons I bought US
Combat Ready
Diamond Sound
I believe US has cornered the sound and light

Dont Shoot Like a Trooper!!! One Shot... One Kill!!! If That Fails.. Adapt: Two To The Chest... One To The Head

Bane - Diamond / Chosen One CE - Diamond / Crimson-Grand-Master - Diamond / Guardian - Diamond / SaviorAzure - Diamond /Spectre - Diamond / Franken Saber / Aeon le v3 / Bellicose / Dark Initiate V2 / Dominix v4 / Dominix le v4 / Prophecy v3 / Dark Prophecy v3

SithMarcelX
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

Dark Side Force User

« Reply #481 on: December 18, 2019, 07:40:01 PM »

Sounds good ^^ I will keep that in mind with the Grabbag Sabers after I get my first Lightsaber Cheesy

Darth Griff
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

And now we shall have peace....Lore Expert.

« Reply #482 on: January 03, 2020, 09:59:25 AM »

Very interesting comments last couple of pages, similar thought processes to my own.

Got my first US the other day. Wanted a mystery box just for the surprise of it. But HAD to have sound, dont see the point of running the risk of getting one without.

So dropped 2 hunnad on guaranteed sound.

Scored an Electrum Wind in Guardian Blue with premium sound. Pretty damn good score. Wouldnt have cosen that hilt or that colour myself, and was SUPER happy it was chosen for me.

Really cool hilt, the blues nice.

Spurred me on to buy a saber that is far more my own personal style, which i have just ordered.

Now im far more ‘Sith’ than Jedi, but i also appreciate certain Jedi.

And from the Bane books i quite liked the distinctive gold blade of Valenthyne Farfalla.

So i had decided some time ago if i ordered a blade of my own it would be gold.

Then ep 9 came out and when i saw Rey ignite hers i was amazed that they had introduced it into the movies.

So anyhoooo, have ordered:-

Dark Apprentice V5 LE

Sentinal Yellow

Flash on clash to Banes Heart

Will pulse rapidly to lighter yellow/silver for shimmer

36” pointed tip.

Emerald 4 chan

Obsidian v4 sound.

Yep, thats more me....

Dark side point fiend....

rocket29
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #483 on: January 06, 2020, 02:56:58 PM »

As a first timer, I was going to do a grab bag but after doing much research, there were certain features that I would pay extra for.  After ordering on Dec 26th, my saber is in the hands of the friendly USPS Postman right now (1/6, 10am).  I cannot wait!

Darth Griff
Knight Officer

« Reply #484 on: January 08, 2020, 11:24:07 PM »

As a first timer, I was going to do a grab bag but after doing much research, there were certain features that I would pay extra for.  After ordering on Dec 26th, my saber is in the hands of the friendly USPS Postman right now (1/6, 10am).  I cannot wait!
Kewl, so what did you get?

zalandasiv
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #485 on: January 09, 2020, 03:52:02 PM »

As a first timer, ...
After ordering on Dec 26th, my saber is in the hands of the friendly USPS Postman right now (1/6, 10am).  I cannot wait!
Lucky you! I ordered on Dec 23th and it is still processing. I wanted to grab a lucky bag first, but than i read in the forum here, without a account and had choosen one saber i wanted.
If the saber looks and feels as good as i hope it looks, i think i will grab a lucky bag for the little one  Smiley
So you can say the other way around than maybe many others  Grin

Tyllor
Force Sensitive

« Reply #486 on: January 10, 2020, 05:31:51 PM »

Hello everyone I have a question I recently placed an order from ultrasabers and I emailed them to cancel my order number but after I saw the restock fee I decided to to email them again to not cancel my order I don’t know if they’ve seen my emails or not I’m just worried that they will cancel without looking at my email where I changed my mind what do I do next? Wait?

Dilligaf919
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #487 on: January 10, 2020, 05:35:13 PM »

Hello everyone I have a question I recently placed an order from ultrasabers and I emailed them to cancel my order number but after I saw the restock fee I decided to to email them again to not cancel my order I don’t know if they’ve seen my emails or not I’m just worried that they will cancel without looking at my email where I changed my mind what do I do next? Wait?

Email marlena at Marlena@ultrasabers.com and explain to her shebqill be able to help

-The Jedurai

KNOWLEDGE-initiate v4 with windows and av switch, Counselor green
Aeon V5, av switch, guardian blue
BALANCE- Spectre lite sound with windows, engraved hilt, black av switch with white light, TRI Adegan Silver
PASSION- dark apprentice v4 with windows and guarded switch, blazing red
Diamond bellicose

Is it a want, or a need?:Fallen LE Diamond, Archon 3.1 Diamond, The Malice Diamond

Tyllor
Force Sensitive

« Reply #488 on: January 10, 2020, 05:40:49 PM »

Email marlena at Marlena@ultrasabers.com and explain to her shebqill be able to help

Thank you!

Mrrubioiii
Force Sensitive

« Reply #489 on: January 13, 2020, 03:38:49 PM »

I am new to Ultra Saber, and sabers in general. Have 3 kids, and they can't choose, just want sound. So I am purchasing 2 sound grab bags, and 2 basic grab bags. Will pay the extra $10 each for the heavy blades. Your review was helpful in making this decision!

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #490 on: January 13, 2020, 07:36:27 PM »

I am new to Ultra Saber, and sabers in general. Have 3 kids, and they can't choose, just want sound. So I am purchasing 2 sound grab bags, and 2 basic grab bags. Will pay the extra $10 each for the heavy blades. Your review was helpful in making this decision!

Hiya-
I'm guessing you mean the $200 mystery boxes with sound? Since the grab bags are not offered with sound? NOT being nit picky here but rather wanting to make certain that you're ordering the proper items.  Take pics when your sabers arrive or even do an unboxing video! We love to see others' excitement!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Baku
Force Sensitive

« Reply #491 on: January 15, 2020, 08:51:49 AM »

So my son is a huge Star Wars fan and wanted a saber.  Figured I'd start with a stunt saber first before spending the money on a custom saber, but I'm left with this question, can you add sound to a stunt saber at a later date and if you can is it plug and play or a lot of work?

Darth Griff
Knight Officer

« Reply #492 on: January 15, 2020, 10:22:40 AM »

So my son is a huge Star Wars fan and wanted a saber.  Figured I'd start with a stunt saber first before spending the money on a custom saber, but I'm left with this question, can you add sound to a stunt saber at a later date and if you can is it plug and play or a lot of work?
Ill let someone else answer that.

And ill ask you two things, how much money do you have to spend? Would your son like a sabre if he unwrapped it and hit the button and it lit up and there was no sound?

neocaster
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #493 on: January 15, 2020, 04:40:12 PM »

I've been enjoying my saber for 6 years since I purchased it at comic con Philly. I don't think they make the model anymore, or at least I can't find it on the page, but I got it with Obsidian sound, and a red blade with silver FOC.

I'll be ordering my next saber as soon as the crew gets caught up. It will be a loaded saber (Diamond board, recharge port) and yes, I'll be tossing a mystery box saber with a combat/heavy blade in my cart, just to have something to duel with and bash the living heck out of it. Would also be fun to have it as a DIY saber because I'm a compulsive tinkerer.

$200 mystery box w/ sound would be cool, You might get something like an initiate with Obsidian LITE, or something nicer with better electronics. It's worth the $75 for me because all I want is a bare bones stunt saber to beat the living heck out of. If it shows up with sound, the bet pays off.

$200 for guaranteed sound is a good gamble, but you might be disappointed. Still, your kids would most likely be over the moon no matter what shows up. They're your dice to roll. YMMV.

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #494 on: January 15, 2020, 06:01:28 PM »

You "can" add sound to a stunt. If you're handy at soldering, it won't be that big of a job. If you stink at it, you'd probably want to send it back to US to have sound added. However, at that point, bc of shipping, etc you're going to be better off simply buying a new saber with sound. Its honestly more cost effective in the long run.

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: