Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag Commentary for First Time Buyers  (Read 202218 times)
diggin12
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #510 on: August 27, 2020, 06:46:21 PM »

How about getting the sabers that were ordered in May out to us? I've been trying to communicate in many forms, Facebook, emails, phone calls, forums, twitter and I am not getting anything back. I have spent a ton of money with this company already and would like my sabers or my money back, please.
The next step is the Federal Trade Commission and filing an official complaint. I'd rather not do that.
Thank you,
Dan

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #511 on: August 27, 2020, 06:52:19 PM »

How about getting the sabers that were ordered in May out to us? I've been trying to communicate in many forms, Facebook, emails, phone calls, forums, twitter and I am not getting anything back. I have spent a ton of money with this company already and would like my sabers or my money back, please.
The next step is the Federal Trade Commission and filing an official complaint. I'd rather not do that.
Thank you,
Dan

The forums are not visited by Customer Service Reps, there is no chance that they will see your post. The only working email is info@ultrasabers.com. A response may be a long time coming as you've probably found out, but they are working like hell to get orders out, they're simply boatloads of them.

Regarding the Federal Trade Commission, I don't think they can help you as per their website: "The FTC cannot resolve individual consumer complaints."

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #512 on: August 27, 2020, 11:23:48 PM »

Thank you,
Dan

This is a group of UltraSabers customers and fans, not a way to reach UltraSabers customer service.  Nobody here works for UltraSabers.  We can give advice, but we can’t provide specific information about your order because we don’t have access to any of that information.

ORDINARILY, you would probably have your saber in your hand already, because their turnaround time was typically 1-2 weeks.  Lots of us old-timers have that as our default experience with UltraSabers.  HOWEVER... in early December of last year, thanks to all the fan excitement surrounding the last Star Wars movie, a new Star Wars TV show that apparently should have been titled “Baby Yoda” instead, the release of a new Star Wars video game, the Christmas gift-giving season, and a winter sales promotion, they began to have so many orders that they fell behind.  In January, there started to be issues with parts and components, because of the COVID-19 issues in China, where some of the electronic parts are manufactured, and they fell a little more behind.  In February, the fallout from COVID-19 started to have effects here in the United States, and some of their more-local parts suppliers fell behind, not just the ones in China.  As time progressed, and as social-distancing measures needed to be put into effect in the workplace (causing more than the usual scheduling issues of getting the right technician, the right saber, the right parts, and the right tools all at the right workstation at the right time, multiplied across the multiple suppliers used), the backlog continued.  On May 25, they lost all their emails prior to that date, and that has caused its own issues.  They have staff working 24x7 trying to catch up from the backlog, and some progress is being made, but they are nowhere near back to normal yet.

Their overall delivery times have slipped quite a bit; although some folks still get their sabers in a week or two, some sabers take three or four weeks, and some take eight weeks or longer.  Note that the orders are NOT worked in a First-In-First-Out queue order; there are too many dependencies on various parts, technician skill sets, machine/workstation availability, and Lord-only-knows what else for that to be even close to efficient.  There have been entire books— heck, entire college courses— written on efficient manufacturing-process scheduling, so there’s no way I can give a full explanation here; just know that it’s very complicated.

The response times on the customer service emails have slipped quite a bit, too.  All I can say is to keep sending POLITE emails to info@ultrasabers.com with your order number in the subject line, but I wouldn’t send an email every day; that will just clog up the Inbox and make it harder to find the emails that need an answer other than “Yes, we have your order, and it’s in the processing queue, but I can’t tell you when it will ship, because we are waiting on <fill_in_the_blank>.”  There’s nothing wrong with wanting an update, because you have sent them your money; just understand that right now, getting an update, or your saber, is going to take longer than normal, and longer than any of us would like.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -78

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

« Reply #513 on: August 28, 2020, 05:56:40 PM »

This is a group of UltraSabers customers and fans, not a way to reach UltraSabers customer service.  Nobody here works for UltraSabers.  We can give advice, but we can’t provide specific information about your order because we don’t have access to any of that information.

ORDINARILY, you would probably have your saber in your hand already, because their turnaround time was typically 1-2 weeks.  Lots of us old-timers have that as our default experience with UltraSabers.  HOWEVER... in early December of last year, thanks to all the fan excitement surrounding the last Star Wars movie, a new Star Wars TV show that apparently should have been titled “Baby Yoda” instead, the release of a new Star Wars video game, the Christmas gift-giving season, and a winter sales promotion, they began to have so many orders that they fell behind.  In January, there started to be issues with parts and components, because of the COVID-19 issues in China, where some of the electronic parts are manufactured, and they fell a little more behind.  In February, the fallout from COVID-19 started to have effects here in the United States, and some of their more-local parts suppliers fell behind, not just the ones in China.  As time progressed, and as social-distancing measures needed to be put into effect in the workplace (causing more than the usual scheduling issues of getting the right technician, the right saber, the right parts, and the right tools all at the right workstation at the right time, multiplied across the multiple suppliers used), the backlog continued.  On May 25, they lost all their emails prior to that date, and that has caused its own issues.  They have staff working 24x7 trying to catch up from the backlog, and some progress is being made, but they are nowhere near back to normal yet.

Their overall delivery times have slipped quite a bit; although some folks still get their sabers in a week or two, some sabers take three or four weeks, and some take eight weeks or longer.  Note that the orders are NOT worked in a First-In-First-Out queue order; there are too many dependencies on various parts, technician skill sets, machine/workstation availability, and Lord-only-knows what else for that to be even close to efficient.  There have been entire books— heck, entire college courses— written on efficient manufacturing-process scheduling, so there’s no way I can give a full explanation here; just know that it’s very complicated.

The response times on the customer service emails have slipped quite a bit, too.  All I can say is to keep sending POLITE emails to info@ultrasabers.com with your order number in the subject line, but I wouldn’t send an email every day; that will just clog up the Inbox and make it harder to find the emails that need an answer other than “Yes, we have your order, and it’s in the processing queue, but I can’t tell you when it will ship, because we are waiting on <fill_in_the_blank>.”  There’s nothing wrong with wanting an update, because you have sent them your money; just understand that right now, getting an update, or your saber, is going to take longer than normal, and longer than any of us would like.
How many times a day do you post this. 🤣🙄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #514 on: August 28, 2020, 09:35:24 PM »

How many times a day do you post this. 🤣🙄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently, not enough.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

MisterFedora
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #515 on: July 27, 2022, 05:55:37 AM »

Pretty good way of looking at it honestly. I personally don't have any sabers yet (though I've been trying to save for literal years, life just keeps kicking me in the nads every time I have some saved back) but I'm looking at a grab bag/mystery box as my jumping off point since they're fairly cheap to get into. I would honestly be happy with just a stunt saber to get started, though I do have quite a few in my cart just in case I win the lottery or something lmao. It's really great that there's a company out here with such a low entry cost while still maintaining good quality for people like me who are struggling to make ends meet. I've wanted to start a collection since I was six years old so hopefully I'll have enough by next year to start making it a reality. It might be 21 years later than I hoped, but better late than never!

DavetheDark
Force Sensitive

« Reply #516 on: July 13, 2023, 11:39:19 PM »

Very good info Blue. I just got my Dominix v5 today and a grab bag that looks as if it's the Initiate v5 which my 25 yr old daughter is already trying to claim so the idea of others using the grab bag saber to dual and not touch my Dominix was a great idea . I see several more grab bags in my futureas well as a mystery box when funds allow so far excellent quality sabers I must admit having the Claws flipped for me before shipping gives a menacing look to them .

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: