Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: What is latest Obsidian Launcher? 3.1.4 or 3.2.1 or ????  (Read 11049 times)
Jiberias
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

The Rule of Two- Graflex CE Red Bright & Loud!

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 08:38:35 PM »

Wait, did you also use the v2.2.2 software with your 2013 sound board to change sound fonts or did you only have it installed? If you also used it, then you might have a huge problem - it's not meant to be used with any of the newer v3 sound boards built into sabers by Feb 2013 and later! You should only use the 3.x.x versions with your saber, it's also explained in the FAQ section on US's website.
I get you. I bought my Graflex in 12-13. I'm pretty sure at the time I downloaded the newest ver. v2.2.2 that's what Emory said in the video. I'll have to review. I didn't have any connection issues. I was using an older machine at the time running Win XP. I still have the drives but not in my new system. Thanx for your help big time. So lastly, which ver would you recommend with a Dec. 2013 Graflex? If I get the correct ver. & it still no luck I'll go get the USB hub. .............Thanx    J          (I'll give a point for your time)  Smiley

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 02:31:04 PM »

Okay, Dec 13...then you need the version v3.2.2 (called 3.1.4 in the forum, it's the latest version) in order to connect to your sound board and change its settings without damaging it. v2.2.2 is only needed for the older Obsidian v2 sound board and for making your own LSU (saber sound) files since the converter is only included in the v2.2.2 zip package.

I'll still get the USB 2.0 hub, just in case you still encounter connection problems, also after testing several USB cables and USB 2.0 ports (if included in your system). If that doesn't work either, then it would be better to ask Emory as he might think of other solutions not obvious to us Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth NathanIel
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 05:45:58 PM »

Ok just bought s saber and it says I have the v4 obsidian with the emerald driver. Downloaded the latest driver but it keeps saying my saber is not compatible and that I should download v1 or v2. I saw that this would be bad. What can I do. I tried different computers cables and both types of USB ports.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 06:05:49 PM »

Unless you participate in the v4 beta testing, it's quite unlikely that you have an Obsidian v4 sound board...I think its serial # must start with 131 to be a v4. I'm quite sure that you have a v3 sound board, though - check the serial, it should start with 121. For this and the Emerald Driver, the latest compatible software version is v3.2.2 (marked as 3.1.4 in the forum link).

Can you post pictures of the board, the error message and the concrete launcher version? This would also help us to find a solution Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 06:34:47 PM »

Hi.  My v4 Obsidian board starts with 141.  A paper would come with this saber showing the 8 different pre-loaded fonts.  Smiley

Darth NathanIel
Force Sensitive

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 07:02:51 PM »

Yes I got the paper with the 8 preset sound fits on mine I can't see the serial number but I know it's s v4 I have a paper saying it is. And I can't take a pic of the message but I can type it out it says it's not compatible.

Darth NathanIel
Force Sensitive

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2015, 07:10:21 PM »

It says the device is not supported. Use Obsidian Launcher v1 or v2 for older devices.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »

Okay.  There will be a white sticker label on the sound board.  Will have the info. on it.  Here's mine.  Check yours and let us know.  Smiley

Obsidian USB 4
SN:  141.....

Also if you have hands on access to changing the fonts from the saber power switch then you know for sure.  Are you not liking these fonts ?  I can't help you with connecting to the Obs. board or the Emerald driver which presently are separate features.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:44:40 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Darth NathanIel
Force Sensitive

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2015, 07:42:44 PM »

I do but I want to change the blade settings. I do have the ability to change fonts hands on. I just want to use my emerald driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2015, 07:52:37 PM »

Have to ask the question.  You do know that the port for the Emerald driver is located at the top of the board ?  Also have you looked at Emory's Emerald instructional video.  Is pretty easy to understand and follow.  Hopefully someone with more technical knowledge will reply soon.  Smiley

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2015, 08:41:19 PM »

For the Emerald Driver you need the older v3.2.2 launcher, as I already said before. The feature is not implemented in the current v4 launcher version. This will be changed in future updates, but for now you will definitely need the v3.2.2 launcher!

The link to it is in this thread: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: