Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Mantis  (Read 344456 times)
Airimas
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2016, 09:57:56 PM »

Two things....

1) You need to post in RULES.

2) Despite the Mantis' overall girth, a curved hilt is most effective in being more ergonomic in a two-handed stance. But it should work in either case. If you can handle the weight of this hilt, it works great for either.

thanks for the info on both your points

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2016, 01:39:13 PM »

No problem.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthHavvok
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2016, 01:42:41 AM »

I love my Mantis, but I will say that it is far bigger than I thought it would be.  I can work with it pretty well in dueling, especially two-handed,  but I have to get my strength up to really wield it one-handed. It is a pretty hefty saber. My wife Dominix v4 is crazy light. One-hand with ease. I duel wield it with an initiate.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2016, 08:59:17 PM »

I love my Mantis, but I will say that it is far bigger than I thought it would be.  I can work with it pretty well in dueling, especially two-handed,  but I have to get my strength up to really wield it one-handed. It is a pretty hefty saber. My wife Dominix v4 is crazy light. One-hand with ease. I duel wield it with an initiate.

Yes, it does take some getting use to.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2016, 09:07:14 PM »

The Mantis emitters with claws have not been available for a while. Does anyone know if this is a stock issue or other reason?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2016, 09:09:08 PM »

The Mantis emitters with claws have not been available for a while. Does anyone know if this is a stock issue or other reason?

More than likely it's a stocking issue. Doubtless it is not a fast mover like the canon sabers or the V-series, so its restocking is not as high a priority.

Sig by For Tyeth

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2016, 06:15:21 PM »

I am thinking for changing my Consular hilt raffle order to the Dark Mantis for a friend of mine

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2016, 06:21:06 PM »

I am thinking for changing my Consular hilt raffle order to the Dark Mantis for a friend of mine
From what I have heard, the mantis is very difficult to duel with and is hard to hold for smaller people or people with smaller hands. I think you chould stay with the consular. Maybe they are making a new one and that's why they are taking so long to ship, you never know. Wink

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2016, 06:29:03 PM »

From what I have heard, the mantis is very difficult to duel with and is hard to hold for smaller people or people with smaller hands. I think you chould stay with the consular. Maybe they are making a new one and that's why they are taking so long to ship, you never know. Wink

I understand but its for a dear friend of mine that has been looking at the dark mantis

sabers I own:

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2016, 09:12:37 PM »

I understand but its for a dear friend of mine that has been looking at the dark mantis

The Mantis is one of the coolest looking US on offer, unique and one of a kind. It wins in the looks department. I would agree however that is on the large side and not the best for dueling. So it all depends on what one is after.

This is my video of it,

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe5EyaCazYc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe5EyaCazYc</a>

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2016, 09:27:08 PM »

Sure but read the bottom
Ultrasabers is once again giving away a ridiculous numbers of premium, high quality, feature loaded sabers!  It's time for another AWESOME raffle.  Check out a few of the past raffle winner thread or ask around and I'm sure the winners of any of our previous raffles can attest to the awesomeness of getting your name pulled and getting that free saber in the mail!  This raffle ends on Friday, April 29th, 2016.  What that means is if you enter you will have MUCH less competition than our past raffles.  Higher odds of winning :-)  Which is always good.  Enjoy!  Not to mention we QUADRUPLED the number of sabers we're giving away!  Which means even HIGHER odds of winning.

Rules
1. To enter this raffle you need to make a purchase of $250 or more between April 11th, 2016 and April 29th, 2016.
2. When you make the purchase be sure to enter the coupon code "SpringRaffle" and this will serve as your raffle ticket.  Please do not forget to enter this coupon code.
3. This raffle is for Saberforum members ONLY.  Please put your saberforum.com forum name in the comments field of your order.  This is mandatory for raffle consideration.
4. That's it.  You are in and eligible to win one of the 95 prizes (whoa whoa whoa... 95?  Yes, NINETY FIVE!!!  this is not a typo people this is real, giving away over NINETY free sabers).  Only one ticket per order.  No limit on the number of tickets per customer.

Emerald Prize [two winners]: Any two single color Ultrasabers with Obsidian Sound equipped with 4-Channel Emerald Drivers of YOUR CHOICE and a vented coupler to create the ULTIMATE EMERALD Double Bladed saber

Grand Prize [two winners]: Any two single color Ultrasabers with Obsidian Sound & Flash on Clash of YOUR CHOICE and a vented coupler to create the ULTIMATE Double Bladed saber

First Prize [fifteen winners]: Random Hilt with Obsidian Sound & 2-channel Emerald Driver
Second Prize [twenty four winners]: Random Hilt with Random features with Obsidian Sound
Third Prize [twenty four winners]: Random Hilt with Li-Ion setup
Fourth Prize [twenty eight winners]: Random Grab Bag Saber

Additional Perks
  • Free Random Blade Plug for Orders $300 or more.  Enter the coupon code "300Plug"
  • Free Random Stand for Orders $450 or more.  Enter the coupon code "450Stand"

Prizes will be shipped to the same shipping address on the order # with the winning raffle ticket.  If the winning order is on BACKORDER then that will also delay the shipping of the prize.

Winners will be announced on www.saberforum.com on April 30th and also via email.

GUYS!  These are some AWESOME prizes.  And look at the number of chances you have to win, 95 winners!!!  Emerald Sabers! Sabers with Sound!  So many higher end prizes this time! UNRELEASED EXCLUSIVES (yes we do still have more)!!!  NEW FLAMBERGE!!!  NEW RENEGADE!!!  NEW MENACE SABERS!!!  NEW MANTIS SABERS!!!  CHOSEN ONES!  SCORPIONS!  GUARDIANS!  GRAFLEXES!  REAPERS!  OMENS!  AND MORE all being given away this raffle.  And the chances to win are much higher than ever before.  Ask the last raffle winners how GREAT it feels to get that free saber in the mail!  Don't miss out this time around.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2016, 09:28:06 PM »

I'm not trying to be rude sorry if I am.

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2016, 10:26:06 PM »

I'm not trying to be rude sorry if I am.
rude for what

sabers I own:

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2016, 02:14:59 AM »

rude for what
Telling you what to buy.

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2016, 11:39:04 AM »

Telling you what to buy.

No you were not and my friend really wanted the dark Mantis hilt for couple months since I bought my prophecy V3

sabers I own:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: