Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Mantis  (Read 345929 times)
Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2014, 06:18:00 AM »

Aye but if you mastered it you could give even Darth maul a run for his money:).

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2014, 01:19:53 PM »

They look like retention screw holes? I dunno.

They are definitely retention screw holes.  I guess if you want a really stable blade, I don't know.  Five screws seems like overkill though.  As a side note, I like the Mantis emitter on the Archon.  I think it's a good fit and takes advantage of all the windows/holes.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »

If (when?) I end up with a pair of these things they will DEFINATELY be in "bat'Leth" configuration...  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2014, 02:13:38 PM »

That was my thought too

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2014, 02:48:14 PM »

They are definitely retention screw holes.  I guess if you want a really stable blade, I don't know.  Five screws seems like overkill though.  As a side note, I like the Mantis emitter on the Archon.  I think it's a good fit and takes advantage of all the windows/holes.

Those are not all retention screw holes.  Only one is.  The rest are for cosmetic contrast between the windows.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2014, 03:20:24 PM »

I'm liking the Mantis more and more. Anyone got the claws yet? I'm guessing that's what the holes might be for too.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »

I'm liking the Mantis more and more. Anyone got the claws yet? I'm guessing that's what the holes might be for too.

Here is my video review of it: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=20973.0
I got the clawed and clawless emitters. 

The holes we are talking about are hidden by the neck piece when the emitter is screwed in all the way.  All 4 are threaded for retention screws.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2014, 03:28:39 PM »

The holes we are talking about are hidden by the neck piece when the emitter is screwed in all the way.  All 4 are threaded for retention screws.

Ahh, then you are correct.  Those are (optional) blade retention screw holes.  Like you said though, overkill. 

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2014, 03:30:55 PM »

Ahh, then you are correct.  Those are (optional) blade retention screw holes.  Like you said though, overkill. 

That's what I thought but I didn't know for sure that's what they were for.  Thanks for the confirmation.  Either way they make for even more nice windows when used on other sabers or on the Mantis without the neck piece.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2014, 03:33:28 PM »

I have the claws. I got them with the emitter early with the spring raffle. It came on a consular body. It looks really good on the consular too. I like the emitter.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »

I have the claws. I got them with the emitter early with the spring raffle. It came on a consular body. It looks really good on the consular too. I like the emitter.

Did you get the black or silver version?  I thought the black anodized would look really good on the Consular, and probably the Malice too.

Darth Eclipse
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

PLEASE DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY!

« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2014, 04:53:04 PM »

Hey Deep can you post pics of the Mantis on a Yari. I think it would look awesome kinda like a Scythe Saber. If possible do one with a blade and one without.

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion, I gain Strength.
Through Strength, I gain Power.
Through Power, I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are broken.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2014, 05:27:20 PM »

I got the black one and it looks awesome. I have pics posted around here somewhere. I'm pretty sure they're posted in the spring raffle winners post if you want to check them out.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Darth Eclipse
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

PLEASE DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY!

« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2014, 07:02:47 PM »

Is it on the Yari Staff?

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion, I gain Strength.
Through Strength, I gain Power.
Through Power, I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are broken.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2014, 07:09:25 PM »

No on a consular. It came in place of the normal consular emitter. But that combo could make a neat pike. I might get a yari for it.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: