Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Removing Obsidian soundboard  (Read 3080 times)
noah40875
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 24, 2014, 04:49:08 AM »

Hey saberforum, I do lots of fight choreography with my ultrasaber and it seems the sound tends to be annoying when directing. I have a few without sound but really want to use my prophecy v3 in a film i'm working on. is there a way to remove the sound board but put it back in at a later date?

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »

Hey saberforum, I do lots of fight choreography with my ultrasaber and it seems the sound tends to be annoying when directing. I have a few without sound but really want to use my prophecy v3 in a film i'm working on. is there a way to remove the sound board but put it back in at a later date?

The Prophecy is a deal of the day right now.  You could just order a stunt one instead of messing with your sound one.  I honestly don't know how a soundboard removal would be done in a way that it could be added back.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to answer your question. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 02:05:21 PM »

Just make a soundfont without any files and load that onto your saber. Or put a non-vented pommel on your saber. Both are good ways to mute the saber without removing the board - which would be difficult and leaves your saber non-functional as long as you don't resolder it to stunt setup.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Syrran
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -4

The Vulcan Jedi

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 03:02:58 PM »

Or you may also set to zero the "Master volume" control in the Obsidian launcher. But physically removing the sound board seems to me a too radical alternative...

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 03:51:39 PM »

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but you could also put a solid pommel on it to muffle the sound. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: