Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Double review: NP Manticore CE stunt in PO and grab bag!  (Read 2685 times)
Kentavius
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 15

« on: July 25, 2014, 05:25:47 PM »

I'll be doing 2 double reviews over today and tomorrow, as I never properly reviewed my dark libby. Onward!

This saber is everything I had hoped it would be. Beautiful, lighter than I thought it would be, and comfortable. The packaging was normal: sabers wrapped in bubble wrap, topped off with a handful of packing peanuts. Kept my babies safe!

Tearing the bubble wrap open was immensely satisfying, as inside was my new Manticore. The nickel plating looks great, though with how easy finger prints and smudges are left behind, I'm almost reluctant to touch it!

This hilt is awesome, and my girlfriend even commented on how cool the windows in the emitter were. Definitely the selling point of the saber. Then, I turned it on.

I'm super happy with pyrestone orange. Just wow. In a well lit room, it almost looks like a peachy orange, but then you turn off the lights and it's beautiful. Exactly the orange I was looking for. I couldn't be happier with the overall turnout of this saber.

One criticism though:I'm not sure about the manufacturing process of NP sabers, but around my switch the plating seems to have degraded slightly. 9/10 for the saber.

As for my grab bag saber, I was pleasantly surprised with how much I ended up liking it. It's a Dominix LE V3. I ordered everything random, so to my surprise I got a color I've always wanted: SRD!

To be completely honest, I never really considered buying this hilt cause I thought it was a little on the plain side (says the guy whose first saber was a dark liberator). But I'm very happy with it. The ergonomics in the hilt feel really good. This is gonna be a good saber to duel with, for sure.

None of the edges are sharp, it's a nice, clean saber. The choke points really are great, I can't stress that enough. It's going to feel natural spinning this one around.

As for defects, I found none. A good clean saber, one that will find a lot of use. 8/10.

Watch for me tomorrow when I double review my Dark Liberator v3 in AB and my Black Mantis in BR!

Side note, all of my sabers this far are stunts. I plan on dueling with them, and I'm hesitant to shell out the cash for something I'm going to bang up. Anyhow, thanks for reading. And UltraSabers, keep up the great work. I'll be back for more.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 05:31:35 PM »

Great review, and great sabers! Especially the Manticore CE in PO is awesome, I was considering that colour for either the new Mantis CE, Dark Mantis or Azure Mantis (if I ever buy one)...and it looks brilliant. Could become a new colour option for my Emerald Archon Cheesy

Thanks for showing your sabers! Point for you!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 06:58:40 PM »

Nice sabers for sure. I also have a Dominix LE in Sun Rider's Destiny. A V2 though. I really like the color. Kind of has both green and blue mixed in which makes for a unique shade of green. That Manticore CE is awesome though.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Kentavius
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 07:34:46 PM »

Another note: both blades are UEHG. I might end up getting some lighter duty blades for display later on, but for now they're all heavy.

I kind of wish the blade plugs were more translucent, especially for sabers with windowed emitters. It'd look more like a lightsaber blade. Just my opinion though.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 08:40:24 PM »

Nice review!  I think that is the first manticore I have seen in PO.   You got a great grab bag with that SRD Dominix as well, I love that hilt!

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 08:44:54 PM »

Very nice pickups there.  It's too bad cameras don't pick up the light more accurately because I bet the Manticore in PO looks awesome in person.  I don't have any PO sabers so I am just imagining.  I am with you on the Dominix too.  It's not something I ever would have bought myself, but I got one either as a raffle win or grab bag (I don't remember which), and it really is a very nice saber and comfortable to handle.  I love the SRD on it too.  All 4 of my black grab bag sabers have been red. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Kentavius
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 09:09:37 PM »

Maybe later I'll post some pics with the blades on and the lights on. Not sure how great they'll look, but maybe it'll show the colors a little better? I dunno. Took the pictures with my phone since I don't really have a camera. I'll try and get some pics tonight while I force my friends to defend themselves... muhuhahahaha

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »

Just set my Emerald Archon to PO, and I have to say the pics already pick up the colour pretty close to what it looks like in person. It's really a nice deep orange (more reddish than Fire Orange) and IMO much more menacing than BR!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 05:35:08 PM »

Truly a good review Kentavius and you have some really nice lightsabers there!  I agree with the others, the PO Manticore CE stands out and is a really creative choice.  So far all the reviews including yours has solidified my choice in saving up for a nickel Manticore CE.  Point.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Kentavius
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 07:51:03 PM »

As fate would have it, FedEx decided to show up at the crack of dawn. I work afternoons and stay up late, so there was no chance of me hearing them knocking till at least 11am. So no Mantis review till like Monday or Tuesday Sad

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 09:00:16 PM »

As fate would have it, FedEx decided to show up at the crack of dawn. I work afternoons and stay up late, so there was no chance of me hearing them knocking till at least 11am. So no Mantis review till like Monday or Tuesday Sad

That's too bad.  I had the opposite problem.  I waited all day from about 8AM for the FedEx guy to show up and he didn't come until about 2PM.  At least you have other sabers to keep you occupied until then.

The pic with the PO Manticore looks a lot nicer on my home PC.  I was looking at it on my work PC yesterday and it didn't look as good.   Roll Eyes

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Kentavius
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 09:22:18 PM »

It's a beautiful saber. Compared to the other sabers I have though, it's not as comfortable to swing around. It's a straight tube. The Dominix is awesome. The choke points really add to the usability of the saber. I can't get enough of either color though, they're both exactly what I wanted and I couldn't be happier.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 09:30:23 PM »

It's a beautiful saber. Compared to the other sabers I have though, it's not as comfortable to swing around. It's a straight tube. The Dominix is awesome. The choke points really add to the usability of the saber. I can't get enough of either color though, they're both exactly what I wanted and I couldn't be happier.

I am a fan of the Manticore, but I can see your point.  It doesn't really have any obvious choke points like the Dominix.
I don't have PO yet but I do have SRD and it is great color.  Being happy is all that matters, and you will be even happier come Monday.  Grin

Kentavius
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 09:38:38 PM »

PO is the orange I wanted. I was afraid it was gonna be too red-orange, but it came out perfectly. I highly recommend it.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 07:38:39 PM »

The two together remind me of my pair.  Colors filtered....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: