Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Red Leader standing by.  (Read 10365 times)
Red Leader
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

You will give me light side points (mind trick)

« on: July 25, 2014, 06:23:03 PM »

Hey guys just made the jump to ultrasabers today, made my first purchase of a Guardian. I can not wait to get it next week!  Grin   Just wanted to thank everyone in advance, all of your videos really helped me learn and decide what I needed for my first purchase. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and girls here at the forum! I will post pics when I receive my blade! My specs for the Guardian are Guardian blue LED with arctic blue flash on clash. I went with the blue illuminated switch as well. I chose obsidian sound can not wait to hear it myself, from all the youtube videos it sure sounds loud. Anyways glad I signed up, hope you all have a great weekend. And may the force be with you, always.

Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:28:10 PM »

Welcome to the site Red Leader and congratulations on your first saber purchase.
I don't have a Guardian myself, but everyone that does seem to love it.  If you have any questions feel free to post them. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Kanain
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 07:03:22 PM »

Welcome Red Leader.  Congrats on the purchase of your Guardian.  I'm a bit biased, as it was my first as well ;-)
I've got a partial text review in response to a reply in my intro thread and hope to get a video up this weekend.

I anxiously await your thoughts on your saber.

First Saber - The Guardian with Sound (Emerald)
Initiate LE  v3

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 07:07:52 PM »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first order!  I'm new around here as well; just got my first US in the mail this week.  I LOVE the guardian; so classy and beautiful.  I was watching the original Clone Wars animated series yesterday and when Kenobi was fighting that guy Dirge (was that his name, the armored dude on the hoverbike thingy?) I was thinking, "ah, that's a Guardian!"

That one is on my short list as well, although right now it may come down to which one goes on sale again first, Archon or Guardian.

(Ziran Le debates on whether or not to inform Red Leader that the Guardian was on sale 2 weeks ago, but decides against it.)

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Dnarvel
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 07:12:39 PM »

Congrats. You will enjoy it, and the others that are sure to follow as well. Welcome to the Forum.

War Glaive FO w/ BR FoC
Dominix V2 in BR (Grab Bag)
Aeon in CG (Grab Bag)
Initiate V3 BR

Red Leader
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 07:32:57 PM »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first order!  I'm new around here as well; just got my first US in the mail this week.  I LOVE the guardian; so classy and beautiful.  I was watching the original Clone Wars animated series yesterday and when Kenobi was fighting that guy Dirge (was that his name, the armored dude on the hoverbike thingy?) I was thinking, "ah, that's a Guardian!"

That one is on my short list as well, although right now it may come down to which one goes on sale again first, Archon or Guardian.

(Ziran Le debates on whether or not to inform Red Leader that the Guardian was on sale 2 weeks ago, but decides against it.)
ARGH 2 weeks ago!!! Sad Ahh well i'll survive Wink  Thanks for all the welcomes guys. The waiting bit is killing me here (Super excited!). I have a question... Anyone here know how long the batteries last on a saber with obsidian sound, av switch, and flash on clash?

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 08:00:31 PM »

Welcome and congrats on your order the guardian is an awsom lookikg saber I wish I had one

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Kanain
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 08:08:44 PM »

Congrats. You will enjoy it, and the others that are sure to follow as well. Welcome to the Forum.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first order!  I'm new around here as well; just got my first US in the mail this week.  I LOVE the guardian; so classy and beautiful.  I was watching the original Clone Wars animated series yesterday and when Kenobi was fighting that guy Dirge (was that his name, the armored dude on the hoverbike thingy?) I was thinking, "ah, that's a Guardian!"

Kanain ponders rubbing dirt into the wound by acknowledging that's when he ordered his ;-)
It will come around again.  Another raffle is going on now and could be a chance to win something additional.

Others may know about battery life already.  But I will test mine over the weekend and post my results.

First Saber - The Guardian with Sound (Emerald)
Initiate LE  v3

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 08:30:23 PM »

I don't have a saber running the Li-Ion batteries and I'm sure that there are plenty of people who can comment on this, but FYI, the standard L-Ion batteries that US uses are 14500 3.7v 900mah L-Ion rechargeables.  In a very basic way, the "mah" number is sorta the capacity of the battery to store power, so a higher "mah" rating allows the battery to run longer.  The reason that I bring it up, is because L-Ion batteries are available in much higher "mah" ratings in size 14500, in fact, you can purchase them in 1200mah (seems to be the most common size), on up to about 2400mah, I believe.

Since your saber is loaded with dandy features (or at least...it will be...one day...when it's ready...and the agonizing wait is finally...over...) that will draw power, switching to a battery with a higher "mah" rating may be something to consider.

Grin

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 09:45:56 PM »

Welcome!  Perfect first choice.  Wish I'd gotten that myself.  Its on my wish list.  :-)
You will not be disappointed.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 02:05:54 AM »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on that guardian, it is a popular saber!

Red Leader
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 11:31:47 AM »

Kanain ponders rubbing dirt into the wound by acknowledging that's when he ordered his ;-)
It will come around again.  Another raffle is going on now and could be a chance to win something additional.

Others may know about battery life already.  But I will test mine over the weekend and post my results.
Thanks!! Yeah I'm entered in the raffle. Crossing fingers.  Smiley

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 01:04:16 PM »

Welcome!

The Guardian is a fine 'sabre - probably the heaviest of the ones I own, but not so much it's an issue, just definitely a two-handed hilt for me.

Glad you're excited about it, though. It's a real beauty - for my money, one of the most eye-catching and intricate designs US offer.

Just so you're aware, raffle entries generally ship once the raffle is closed so if you win a prize it can be shipped at the same time. That can vary if you're close by, I think, but if you're in another country it'll take a little while to reach you.

It's worth the wait, though, believe me!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 01:43:32 PM »

My raffle entry shipped Thursday and is supposed to arrive today.  I think if you order towards the end of the raffle they might wait, but they sure didn't on my order.  Shipped just hours after I placed my order.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Red Leader
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 01:44:27 PM »

Welcome!

The Guardian is a fine 'sabre - probably the heaviest of the ones I own, but not so much it's an issue, just definitely a two-handed hilt for me.

Glad you're excited about it, though. It's a real beauty - for my money, one of the most eye-catching and intricate designs US offer.

Just so you're aware, raffle entries generally ship once the raffle is closed so if you win a prize it can be shipped at the same time. That can vary if you're close by, I think, but if you're in another country it'll take a little while to reach you.

It's worth the wait, though, believe me!
Thanks James, I prefer some weight, I'm a pretty big guy and wanted a saber I could use one or two handed(Bastard sword style) Obi-wan is my favorite Jedi so this was perfect for me. I live in Toronto Canada so hopefully it shouldn't take too long. Great things come to those who wait.  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: