Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Review - The Dark Mantis  (Read 1843 times)
toxicninja78
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -9

« on: July 26, 2014, 09:10:46 PM »

So I got my very first lightsaber today. The new Dark Mantis. Thought I'd give it a quick review.

First of all, the customer service was AWESOME.

Second, it got here FAST. I mean like I just ordered this thing yesterday. I DO live pretty close to Friendswood though, so I can understand why it arrived quickly, but I was surprised that it shipped the same day I ordered it, I was expecting a two-to-three week wait. (Probably because it's a brand new saber and they have a few ready or something, but whatever, still awesome.)

Finally, the saber itself. This thing is absolutely gorgeous. The photos on the main site do NOT do this thing justice, I would recommend this thing to anyone who wants a couple single-blade sabers. (Can't say I'd suggest it to double-blade fans, seems like it'd be a little awkward for that, but anyway...)
Got mine with sound, and man, does it sound awesome. Didn't get Flash On Clash this time, so I can't really comment on that. I'll probably buy another LED module with FoC. (Yay for Quick Disconnect!) But I did get one of the forum colors, the Dark Violet Amethyst. BEAUTIFUL.
The only real problem I've had so far is I'm not sure how to get the batteries out. XD But I can figure it out easily enough.

Overall, 11 out of 10. Just that awesome.

Here's some pics, sorry my camera takes massive AND blurry photos, but it's all I got.

The hilt, turned off.

The hilt, turned on.

The hilt turned on in the dark.

With the blade.

And finally, with the blade, in the dark.

Sabers wanted: Archon w/ sound in Agedan Silver/Sentinel Yellow FoC with silver illuminated AV switch, Chosen One w/ sound in Blazing Red/Fire Orange FoC, Consular w/ Emerald and sound with yellow illuminated AV switch
Parts wanted: Raven SS pommel, Dark War Glaive emitter (w/o claws)

Kentavius
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 09:19:47 PM »

Awesome. I missed getting mine today in BR as they showed up before I wake up, but I can't wait. I only got a stunt, but I also got the quick disconnect. I'm jealous! Would you like a light side or dark side point?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:22:57 PM by Kentavius » Logged

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 02:23:55 AM »

VA looks great on it! Congrats on your new saber. You received it rather quickly, especially for it being a new hilt.

Do you lean toward the light or dark side?

toxicninja78
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 03:37:22 AM »

Awesome. I missed getting mine today in BR as they showed up before I wake up, but I can't wait. I only got a stunt, but I also got the quick disconnect. I'm jealous! Would you like a light side or dark side point?

Aww, that sucks! I almost missed mine because I had to work, but it arrived shortly before I had to leave.

VA looks great on it! Congrats on your new saber. You received it rather quickly, especially for it being a new hilt.

Do you lean toward the light or dark side?

Sith Lord up in here. And just so we're clear, it's DARK Violet Amethyst, one of the special forum-member colors, like Bane's Heart or Sentinel Yellow. Normally I'm not picky about things but I don't want someone to see this and think VA and DVA are the same. I'm sorry if I sound rude D:

Sabers wanted: Archon w/ sound in Agedan Silver/Sentinel Yellow FoC with silver illuminated AV switch, Chosen One w/ sound in Blazing Red/Fire Orange FoC, Consular w/ Emerald and sound with yellow illuminated AV switch

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 04:05:53 AM »

Nice pic review, nice seeing pics up for the saber so soon!  Good job!

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 05:20:49 AM »

Nice saber and I'l happily admit DVA is a good color. That is what I ordered my Emerald Manticore in and although it has seen many color changes I kept the setup US put on it as I really like how it switches between VA and DVA.

I don't see the mantis as a staff I think both curved might be a bit awkward.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 05:53:28 AM »

Awsomeness! I can't hardly beleve you got it so fast! Then again I can. Concrats is your first utrasaber. If you het another led module with foc make sure you ask for the conector plug that cinects to the obsidian from the led otherwise you won't be able to conect the foc function.

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

toxicninja78
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 06:23:00 AM »

Nice saber and I'l happily admit DVA is a good color. That is what I ordered my Emerald Manticore in and although it has seen many color changes I kept the setup US put on it as I really like how it switches between VA and DVA.

I don't see the mantis as a staff I think both curved might be a bit awkward.

Oh yeah, it's amazing. Favorite color. Kinda regretting not getting the FoC, would've LOVE a VA clash... DX Ah well, I'll add it later.
And yeah, that'd be an awkward staff, ESPECIALLY if they don't line up just right.

Awsomeness! I can't hardly beleve you got it so fast! Then again I can. Concrats is your first utrasaber. If you het another led module with foc make sure you ask for the conector plug that cinects to the obsidian from the led otherwise you won't be able to conect the foc function.

I know right? It was INSANELY fast. Like I said, they must have had a few hilts ready to go or something. Best customer service I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. (Definitely beats FedEx's almost nonexistent customer service lol. I'm glad it arrived when it did, an hour later and I would've had to wait until Monday.)
And really? That's good to know, thank you!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:26:15 AM by toxicninja78 » Logged

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 12:33:05 PM »

Sith Lord up in here. And just so we're clear, it's DARK Violet Amethyst, one of the special forum-member colors, like Bane's Heart or Sentinel Yellow. Normally I'm not picky about things but I don't want someone to see this and think VA and DVA are the same. I'm sorry if I sound rude D:

Ah, I missed that. My bad. It looks great either way   Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: