Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Nickel Plated Guardian 4 Channel Emerald  (Read 5627 times)
Tobalation
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 18

« on: July 29, 2014, 10:01:27 AM »

Just a quick review of my new nickel plated 4 channel Guardian saber!

Mid grade blade looks fantastic.
I tired a new option with the Pointed tip. All my other sabers have the rounded tip, but now I prefer the pointed version.
I know the Nickel plating is not accurate to the movie version of this saber, but the shine is fantastic and makes it look even better.
I got a blue illuminated AV switch on channel 4 in series with the blade. This was recommend by some people on the forum, and a great choice. I only wanted it to be blue, and can now increase or decrease the brightness.

I missed out on a Nickel plated version of this saber a few months ago. I emailed Emory and got a quick reply. He said their would be Nickel plated Guardians in stock but he was not sure when. Im glad I waited!

Initially I struggled using the Obsidian launcher on my first saber. After a while I got used to it and now find it very easy. The Obsidian Launcher for the LED looked a little confusing. But after watching a few tutorial online and exploring it myself it was very straight forward and easy to use.

The fact that this saber can pulse from one colour to another is brilliant. With 2 pulses and 1 Flash on Clash, you can pick three of your favourite colours to use! You can even control the time it takes to build up to a colour, maintain a colour and then build up to a second one. Plus you can control how many times your saber will Flash. All of this is incredibly easy. No load screen and you can test a colour at any point!

Here shows the saber pulsing from Arctic blue to Guardian blue. 0.5 second build up and 2 second per colour.
http://youtu.be/8v2IQUaKMhs

Here shows the saber pulsing from Guardian blue to Blazing red. You can also see the blue AV switch change brightness.
http://youtu.be/A89iYIc3VKQ

The only thing I was a little concerned when ordering was the sound. I had previously ordered a separate Guardian pommel to go with my Bellicose. The sound was a little muffled. BUT the pommel that came with this saber was amazing. The holes for the sound are a different shape. It keeps the sound very loud. Just as good as my other sabers.

If anyone is thinking about getting an Emerald driver on their next saber I would really recommend it.
The next one for me... The Graflex CE Smiley

Sabers I own                             Sabers I want
Raven RGB Obsidian                   Azure Mantis Emerald
Consular SRD Obsidian               Chosen One CE Red       
Belliocse VA Obsidian
Guardian Emerald
Graflex CE Arctic Blue Obsidian

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 11:41:45 AM »

Great review. That's a fine looking saber you have there  Smiley Point earned.

The Graflex CE is next on my list as well.

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 04:31:39 PM »

Curious to know if this new pommel hole shape is going to continue? Is this the way the bottom opening looks on the Mantis?

Lightside points if any are given

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 06:54:18 PM »

Dude you stole my saber!  Give it back!  :-)

Seriously, very nice indeed!  The only change I plan for mine is a recharge port and the switch will be "always on" because I want to use all four colors in the driver.
She is sweet. Soon...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 04:41:15 AM »

Wow, that's a lot of work you put into this review, great job!  Love all the pics you took as well.  Congrats on your beautiful Guardian.  Point.

Dude you stole my saber!  Give it back!  :-)

Seriously, very nice indeed!  The only change I plan for mine is a recharge port and the switch will be "always on" because I want to use all four colors in the driver.
She is sweet. Soon...

I believe if you choose the AV switch "in series" with one of the colors, you can still use all 4 colors.  However you use the color the AV is connected to will determine if the AV is on or off.  For ex:  Av in series with ch 2(blue).  Blue on, AV on.  Blue used for FoC, AV on when FoC activated ect. 

That is how I understand this option to work.  Please anyone correct me if need be, thx.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 11:57:38 AM »

I believe if you choose the AV switch "in series" with one of the colors, you can still use all 4 colors.  However you use the color the AV is connected to will determine if the AV is on or off.  For ex:  Av in series with ch 2(blue).  Blue on, AV on.  Blue used for FoC, AV on when FoC activated ect. 

That is how I understand this option to work.  Please anyone correct me if need be, thx.

This is correct. Having an AV switch in series with a channel means that it works when that channel is activated.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 03:56:27 PM »

Thanks, that makes sense.
I think it would be more correct for me to have said that I want the lit AV to always be on and not dependant on a channel.  :-) 
If I were going to get a 2-channel Emerald I might reconsider, because in that case the main color would be a primary and always on anyway, so I could series the switch with that color and be done with it.  :-)

Tobalation
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 11:40:09 AM »

Curious to know if this new pommel hole shape is going to continue? Is this the way the bottom opening looks on the Mantis?

I think so Kal El. All the pictures for the Mantis show the same pommel style as my new Guardian -who says Ultrasabers don't listen to feedback and give us what we want?!

Belliocse VA Obsidian
Guardian Emerald

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »

I think so Kal El. All the pictures for the Mantis show the same pommel style as my new Guardian -who says Ultrasabers don't listen to feedback and give us what we want?!

Nice! Thanks for the response,  I have been holding off my next saber purchase of a prophecy and guardian because I have been saving money for the PS4 Destiny bundle.  Honestly was feeling better about my choice to wait because the updated version of sabers are improvements over previous design based on customer feedback as well as new release sabers revolving around customers request and Ideas...such a great company!

Lightside points if any are given

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 07:31:16 PM »

Just saw this again and it just reinforces my desire to own this saber.
One day...  :-)

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 10:36:33 PM »

That is a fantastic looking Guardian.  I need to get one eventually.

Tobalation
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 01:03:04 PM »

Just saw this again and it just reinforces my desire to own this saber.
One day...  :-)

it is AMAZING Karmack.
With the 4 channel driver I can try out some new colour combos for future sabers I get. Red with orange FOC looks good for when I get my Chosen One Smiley

Belliocse VA Obsidian
Guardian Emerald

Tobalation
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 01:05:56 PM »

That is a fantastic looking Guardian.  I need to get one eventually.

It is a fine saber Prowl. I enjoyed your vid of the Graflex - that might of been what persuaded me to get my own one.
I just saw your raffle unboxing video - SHOCKing! Tongue

Belliocse VA Obsidian
Guardian Emerald

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 11:20:07 PM »

It is a fine saber Prowl. I enjoyed your vid of the Graflex - that might of been what persuaded me to get my own one.
I just saw your raffle unboxing video - SHOCKing! Tongue

Heh.. point!

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Darth Burgaar
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -68

Dark Side points Please!

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 01:12:19 AM »

Mate Point! This just proves that most of U.S.'s sabers look awesome in Nickel plate!

I also like the fact that the sound venting pattern is being made uniform for all the Guardian/Scorpion/Mantis pommels. It shows that they take our feedback on board.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 01:15:58 AM by Darth Burgaar » Logged

"The Sith have no Fear and give no Quarter!! If you challenge them? . . then pray the Force is with you!"
My Sabers : Malice, Scorpion & Crimson Scorpion, Archon 2.1, Chosen One CE, Graflex CE (all Emerald) Liberator, 2x Initiate v3.1.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: