Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag Question + Saber Recomendation  (Read 2980 times)
Xaviorbat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« on: July 30, 2014, 09:13:50 PM »

Hey all, new on here and already my first question. I emailed support having not noticed the forum until now, but I have a few questions. I'm trying to set up a rebel legion costume, and while I'd love to get a super awesome saber, the funds are not with me. I thought about going Grab Bag, but then I saw the Omen. While it is cool for what it is, the chance of getting that as a grab bag concerns me, one because I'm not posing as a Cathar (badum tish) and 2, I really can't see it being useful for a rebel legion costume. Does anyone roughly know the chances of getting a Omen in the grab bag?

Also, in case the chance is too high of getting an Omen, Can anyone make a good recommendation for a low cost yet upgradable saber? A link to the process for sending it in to get upgraded wouldn't go amiss either.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 09:35:53 PM »

I would guess the chance of getting an Omen in a grab bag is pretty close to zero.  The grab sabers usually end up being an Aeon, Dominix, and Standard Issue (including dark DI).  They are all low cost, but still high quality sabers.  All Ultrasabers are upgradeable except for the V2 Initiates, Aeons and Dominix's.  I don't think there is a thread about upgrading but you can e-mail Ultrasabers with what you want done and they will let you know if it is possible and quote you a price. 

I can't really comment on stuff being accepted by RL, but whatever Ultrasaber you choose, you will get a quality saber that is duel worthy.

By the way, welcome to the site.  Smiley
If you have any other questions please feel free to post.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 09:42:26 PM »

There are the V3 sabers and there are Premium sabers. The Omen would be a premium and it's alot more rare seeing premiums show up as grab bags but sometimes it can happen

Common grab bags are Aeons/Dominix, Liberator, Standard issues

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

Xaviorbat
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 09:47:04 PM »

Ah ok, cool. Anything else I think would be fine, they all look awesome, just the Omen would be...kinda hard to explain as a jedi weapon, especially if your not a Cathar.

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 09:58:24 PM »

Ah ok, cool. Anything else I think would be fine, they all look awesome, just the Omen would be...kinda hard to explain as a jedi weapon, especially if your not a Cathar.

when it comes to the omen the emitter is MHS compatible so you could put a different emitter on it for a much more lightsaber look and feel

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 01:49:43 AM »

I say try Grab Bag. Aeon/Dominix are great sabers anyway. Looking to getting a Dominix V3 here soon. Can't go wrong with the V3 sabers. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 05:21:55 PM »

I concur.  Go grab-bag.  You're most likely to get an Aeon or Dominix.  If you get something else, it will almost certainly be a standard issue or liberator.  I can only think of one or two times that I remember seeing a premium hilt in a grab-bag.  My own was an Aeon V2, but the V3s are more likely.

Just remember to get a blade!  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Dnarvel
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 06:35:40 PM »

Grab bags are always fun. I usually get one with each saber order, just for the surprise of what can come. You will rarely, if ever, be disappointed.

War Glaive FO w/ BR FoC
Dominix V2 in BR (Grab Bag)
Aeon in CG (Grab Bag)
Initiate V3 BR

Xaviorbat
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 04:01:51 PM »

Another question popped into my head, is it possible, if I don't wind up with a v2, to send it back later to add sound to it?

Dnarvel
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 04:25:11 PM »

Another question popped into my head, is it possible, if I don't wind up with a v2, to send it back later to add sound to it?

Yes, if you get a saber that can have sound added (check out the "Sabers with Sound" page), then you can send it back to US for a fee and get sound added.  Doing a quick check it looks like pretty much all the V3's that would come in a grab bag can have sound added.

War Glaive FO w/ BR FoC
Dominix V2 in BR (Grab Bag)
Aeon in CG (Grab Bag)
Initiate V3 BR

Xaviorbat
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 04:25:42 PM »

Cool thanks

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 04:50:11 PM »

Hi.  You would need to factor in the costs of shipping back and modifications.  Might not be so cool.  You will most likely use your stunt saber just as much or more than one with sound.  Suggest saving your money and get what you really want later, with sound and other features you may choose.  Grab bags are fun to receive and are a great way to begin your lightsaber collection.   Cheesy

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »

Hi.  You would need to factor in the costs of shipping back and modifications.  Might not be so cool.  You will most likely use your stunt saber just as much or more than one with sound.  Suggest saving your money and get what you really want later, with sound and other features you may choose.  Grab bags are fun to receive and are a great way to begin your lightsaber collection.   Cheesy

This is very true.

There is nothing like a saber with sound, but I also enjoy my stunt sabers very much, and you don't have to worry about annoying the neighbors or messing with batteries as often.  If you send it in for modifications you will be paying for the parts, labor, and shipping both ways.  I have had a couple of sabers upgraded and it wasn't cheap, but it was worth it to me.  Just be aware you are going to pay more to have a saber upgraded than you will buying what you want up front.

I would suggest getting a grab bag now and maybe save up for a saber with sound later on.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 05:19:45 PM »

Did you check with RL regarding whether they allow for UltraSabers hilts to be used, or whether they have to be a specific hilt such as a movie-related one?

Some of the US hilts look less like something directly from the films while others like the Graflex and Chosen One are extremely similar to the Luke and Vader sabers.  Might want to check into it before you spend the money.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Xaviorbat
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 06:05:08 PM »

Actually one of our local members uses a v2, so it's valid, though I'd spice it up with a nice handgrip overlay or something to personalize it

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: