Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Problem with connection to PC  (Read 4828 times)
jesterhead90
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 01, 2014, 07:58:58 PM »

Hi guys! I need your help!
I have a Scorpion with Emerald driver from a few month but didn't had any problem since today.
I installed the new Obsidian launcher (I already had the older version and I never had any problem!) and when I tried to connect the Emerald board, to modify the color settings, after a few seconds the launcher stop to recognize the saber. Now I can no longer connect the saber. And also the PC doesn't recognize the device (I think this is the real problem).
I tried to return to the older version of the launcher (I previously uninstalled the latest version) but nothing changed. (there is the same problem also with the obsidian board)
So please help me!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:27:36 PM »

Some of the possible solutions:
1. Use full batteries!
2. Try another USB cord/port (USB 2.0 recommended)!
3. Reset saber (batteries out for 10 secs)!
4. Uninstall the saber and follow the known procedure: a) Saber on b) Plug the saber in c) Wait for the driver to be installed d) Open Launcher (run as administrator)

Anyone with other suggestions is always welcome Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

jesterhead90
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 12:01:14 PM »

The first time I tried your suggestion did not work (with the led driver and I changed the color), but when I connected the obsidian sound board, initially it worked and I was able to select the font, but when it was time to write sounds, in the middle of loading the launcher gave me error and crashed. Since then, the sword was no longer recognized by the pc (o both board) and now I have a saber without any sound.
I don't know what to do... Cry

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 03:17:27 PM »

Okay, can you tell me which error you get? Is the program reporting an error or does Windows itself tells you that the launcher crashed?
Regarding the missing sound on your saber...well, this is most likely caused by the launcher crash during the writing process.
If you have access to another PC, try to put the default soundfont onto your saber and then change it using that PC. Maybe it's a problem with your computer that causes these problems...

Btw: which Windows do you use? 7, 8 or 8.1? Also (if you didn't already notice) there is a new version of the launcher available - v3.2.2, maybe this can help to solve your issue, too. You'll find it here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:27:39 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

jesterhead90
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 07:01:20 PM »

Unfortunately I can't remember the error that the launcher reported, but it was an error from the program not from the computer. Anyway now the computer doesn't recognize anymore the saber. By the way I have windows 7.
Now I'm going to try with another pc with the new version of the launcher, I'll let you know! thank you very much for the help!

jesterhead90
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 07:02:40 PM »

Unfortunately I can't remember the error that the launcher reported, but it was an error from the program not from the computer. Anyway now the computer doesn't recognize anymore the saber. By the way I have windows 7.
Now I'm going to try with another pc with the new version of the launcher, I'll let you know! thank you very much for the help!

jesterhead90
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 07:34:10 PM »

No way. Also on another pc the ploblem is the same. The pc can't recognize the saber and windows show me this message when I disconnect the usb cord,  "usb device not recognized. one of the devices connected to the computer did not work properly. windows is unable to recognize"

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 07:39:06 PM »

Was your saber turned on BEFORE you plugged it into the computer for the first time? I encountered that problem when I was too fast and plugged the saber in before it was turned on! The correct procedure to get it recognized by the PC and the launcher is:

1) Install the Launcher as administrator!
2) Turn the saber on (make sure the batteries are completely charged)!
3) Plug it into the computer (use a USB 2.0 port) and wait for the Windows HID driver to be installed!
4) Open the launcher as administrator!

If the saber is shown as Unkown Device, remove that entry from the Device Manager (right-click on the device, then click "Uninstall"). Then follow the procedure above.

Sig by Master Nero

jesterhead90
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 11:52:21 AM »

I tried exactly all your suggestion but there is no way to connect the saber. the pc still recognize it like unknown device.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10469726_10204318140811100_6010802722077428592_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10543618_10204318139251061_1450274631584737718_n.jpg
I tried to uninstall the unknown device e repete the procedure but the result is the same. (the batteries are completely charged and I torned on the saber before insert the usb)

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 04:03:25 PM »

That was my last hope...it always worked for me when I had that problem...I think, now is the time to ask Emory himself if he knows another solution. I did everything and told you the most common solutions, but this seems to be a more complex problem.
You can contact him via info@ultrasabers.com, but he's still at a con for some days. So you have to wait for an answer until he's back.

Sig by Master Nero

jesterhead90
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 04:15:09 PM »

Thank you very much man I've realy appreciate your help. I will write o Emory asap! And I hope he has any miraculous secrets!

jesterhead90
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 12:20:47 PM »

The problem was the USB cord. I tried with other two but fortunatly now it work! Grin

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 06:50:47 PM »

The cord...I knew I forgot one weak point Cheesy But it's good to hear that it finally works Wink

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: