Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Episode =VI  (Read 15829 times)
Dark Lord Shaked
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: August 03, 2014, 12:56:17 AM »

so... I have been doing some reading and some research on the new star wars coming out... after lucasfilms was bought out by Disney I was super scared for the future of the franchise. I love star wars, and I hated the idea of Disney going in and making it all family friendly and messing it all up. that was... until i heard this man talk...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PApGfervszM

This video is NSFW due to some content and language, but he totally gave me faith that this whole thing is going to work out ok! Kevin Smith is a total nerd and Star Wars junkie, as you can tell in this video. He is the owner of the shop that is featured on the show comic book men, and was Silent bob in Jay and Silent Bob.

Now I am SUPER EXCITED to see the new ones when they come out in about a year and a half!!!!! I wanted to share my excitement with anyone who might care!!!!

Advance and never halt.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 02:59:10 AM »

I don't know why everyone was afraid about Disney taking over and making it family friendly.  I would guess a lot of people think of cartoons when they think of Disney.  It never was all that family unfriendly to begin with, but don't forget who is turning out the Marvel movies.  All the ones I have seen have been either very good or great.  Ever since I heard about the sale I was excited to see where Disney was going to take the SW franchise, and with J.J. Abrams at the helm how can it be bad?

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 09:23:04 PM »

Kathleen Kennedy's choice as the new leader of LucasFilm, which co-incided with the sale to Disney was no accident.  George left the company to someone whom he knew would protect his property, and everything surrounding it without compromise.  She has been involved in everything Lucas, and oft times Spielberg have done since the 80s, so she knows what has worked, and what has not.  She is also greatly aware of their fan base.  I trust that they want to turn out Star Wars movies that have a wide appeal, but also speak to those of us who have it in our very souls.  At least until they give me reason not to.

Everything I am hearing so far sounds spot on.

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

Tyrendeth
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -4

The cake is a lie, there is only pie.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 02:37:16 AM »

I still retain cautious optimism. A large portion of my childhood has been slaughtered over the years, including Lucas' abomination of a pre trilogy. I am not holding my breath over this.

Dark War Glaive OS w/ SRD
Dark War Glaive OS w/ SRD
Reaper OS w/ BR
Unknown Raffle OS w/Emeraldx2

kanesword
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 06:04:38 PM »

I still retain cautious optimism. A large portion of my childhood has been slaughtered over the years, including Lucas' abomination of a pre trilogy. I am not holding my breath over this.

I agree, while I really enjoyed the first incarnation of Star Trek by JJ Abrams, the second release "into Darkness", was laughable at best. Stealing the Kahn story from Star Trek II and reversing the role of who dies at the end resulted in a horrible and poorly shot movie.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 11:55:12 PM »

I've got faith in Disney making it right, after all, they made the Pirate's of the Caribbean movies, and while they are family friendly, there is some very dark imagery in them.  Disney is also at the helm of that other box office monster known as Marvel, which as we all know, has been very well done and very well received.  Honestly, as long as Lucas isn't writing or directing, I think we're fairly safe and in for some pretty good cinema.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: