Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Why all the hate? *(not exaclty a product question)  (Read 6422 times)
Hobb
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

I wear my saber on my hip.

« on: January 08, 2011, 02:44:24 AM »

I have noticed recently that some people have been talking badly about Ultra Sabers on others forums. Saying things like they would never shop here, or that they will no longer be, and whatnot. Perhaps I am a little ignorant on the subject and for asking, but can someone explain why this is? You are not going to lose me as a customer, I am merely curious is all.

“Infinite, is the Force. Only do we set the limitations… for ourselves.” —Kerrick Rin

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 03:23:50 AM »

Eh, we've had haters from day 1.

This hobby is filled with many different personalities with many egos.  When we first came on the scene, we sported a new technology and said our sabers were flat out better than what everyone else was making, which were EL sabers.  That made us enemies with the existing establishment of saber smiths in the hobby.  When we offered sabers that were brighter, more durable, and cost less than everyone else's sabers, we literally put some people out of business.  That's called competition.  We made a better product for less.  Welcome to America. 

When we broke off from FX and created our own forums, that also caused alot of hurt feelings and ill will.  Talk about drama. After that move, alot of the staff members at FX said they would never buy from us again or recommend our products again.  Well if their product recommendations are based on how well they like the person making them, then their recommendations are worthless and unwanted.  A product should be judged on a ratio of quality compared to price, nothing more.  And frankly, we are unbeatable in that department.

You get the idea.  Success will breed enemies.  I don't really care too much about the hobby's politics anymore.  I just want to make good products at good prices and provide good service.  As long as my customers are happy, I'll be happy.

And considering we're on our 6th year of business, I'd say we're doing something right.

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 03:29:21 AM »

This hobby is filled with many different personalities with many egos.  When we first came on the scene, we sported a new technology and said our sabers were flat out better than what everyone else was making, which were EL sabers.  That made us enemies with the existing establishment of saber smiths in the hobby.  When we offered sabers that were brighter, more durable, and cost less than everyone else's sabers, we literally put some people out of business.  That's called competition.  We made a better product for less.  Welcome to America. 

When we broke off from FX and created our own forums, that also caused alot of hurt feelings and ill will.  Talk about drama. After that move, alot of the staff members at FX said they would never buy from us again or recommend our products again.  Well if their product recommendations are based on how well they like the person making them, then their recommendations are worthless and unwanted.  A product should be judged on a ratio of quality compared to price, nothing more.  And frankly, we are unbeatable in that department.

You get the idea.  Success will breed enemies.  I don't really care too much about the hobby's politics anymore.  I just want to make good products at good prices and provide good service.  As long as my customers are happy, I'll be happy.

And considering we're on our 6th year of business, I'd say we're doing something right.
HERE HERE!! You said it Ultra, Im glad you branched off from Fx-sabers, I said it before and Ill say it again, on those forums theres alot of great guys, But if your new to the hobby they tend to really Ignore you, Here we are a big family, willing to help anyone and everyone, I'm here to stay and ill stand behind your product's till death. Long live UltraSabers.

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

Hobb
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

I wear my saber on my hip.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 03:36:11 AM »

HERE HERE!! You said it Ultra, Im glad you branched off from Fx-sabers, I said it before and Ill say it again, on those forums theres alot of great guys, But if your new to the hobby they tend to really Ignore you, Here we are a big family, willing to help anyone and everyone, I'm here to stay and ill stand behind your product's till death. Long live UltraSabers.

Agreed.
I have no complaints so far with anything I have purchased from UltraSabers, and unless that drastically changes, you will still have my business and my recommendations.

And thanks Ultra for the explanation. I must say that the speed at which you give feedback is amazing.

“Infinite, is the Force. Only do we set the limitations… for ourselves.” —Kerrick Rin

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 03:39:05 AM »

LOL, I appreciate the enthusiasm and I want to make it clear that we welcome constructive criticism that will help us improve our products.  And if you ever think we screwed up (it happens), you can call, email, or PM and we'll get to work fixing it.

Azrahi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 03:47:37 AM »

I personally must say I have thoroughly enjoyed every product I've bought from US,
even though I've managed to demolish the battery packs in my Tempest and my Lithium Ion Agressor, heh.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 04:26:11 AM »

Don't worry Ultra we're all behind you. I enjoy this forum WAY more than I ever enjoyed FxSabers(I haven't been there very long but still.)

That was the main reason I didn't like it over there so much. I posted a question over there and here it is three days later and not one response, yet something like 100 views. I'm having doubts I'll ever do anything more than lurk a bit over there.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth_Pravus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 04:29:45 AM »

i've been eying a paksaber purchase for like 3 years now but low and behold i come across ultrasabers and i buy what i wanted for a fraction of the price. particularly since i wasn't looking for a saber with sound. and even with sound your sabers are cheaper and less likely to fetch a cease and desist from lucas

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 07:05:26 AM »

I like the smaller community here. I think another thing that sets this company apart from other saber makers is the customer service, and the fact that the people making them clearly love their work. The responsiveness here is incredible. At most companies that do stuff like this, I would have posted "lets put belt clips on the lightsabers" and maybe if I was lucky someone linked to them would have eventually posted "we're looking into lots of other new options for our new line, buy more of our stuff!" then I would have asked if they could attach a dildo to their new line of lightsabers, and they'd have replied "we're looking into  lots of new options for our new line, buy more of our stuff!".

I appreciate that input is taken seriously, and the enthusiasm of everyone who posts here and makes this a great community, even for a newb.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 07:07:29 AM »

I like the smaller community here. I think another thing that sets this company apart from other saber makers is the customer service, and the fact that the people making them clearly love their work. The responsiveness here is incredible. At most companies that do stuff like this, I would have posted "lets put belt clips on the lightsabers" and maybe if I was lucky someone linked to them would have eventually posted "we're looking into lots of other new options for our new line, buy more of our stuff!" then I would have asked if they could attach a dildo to their new line of lightsabers, and they'd have replied "we're looking into  lots of new options for our new line, buy more of our stuff!".

I appreciate that input is taken seriously, and the enthusiasm of everyone who posts here and makes this a great community, even for a newb.
im still a noob myself, and the people here seem to realize that we all started in the same place, Cheesy Glad you have you aboard

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 01:13:22 PM »

I like this forum better than Fx-sabers. I still post questions and will respond to those in need but on a less frequent base. I really like this place a lot more. and i will keep on being an active board member. I recommended Ultrasabers to all of my saber enthusiastic friends ( all 3 of em Roll Eyes) and i will continue to do so until the day that Ultrasabers is going out of business. Which i hope will be long after i'm gone and my grandchildren will have inherited my sabers.
Ultrasabers keep up the good work we all got your back here.
MTFBWY

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »

I can see why people wouldn't like Ultrasabers. I mean a quality product AND exceptional customer servive/interaction. Who does that? You people got a lot of nerve over there at US! How dare you run your company correctly!!!! Angry

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

quillen
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 23

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 05:13:18 PM »

i cant say enough about your sabers they are the best i have used, and we use them alot.  every show or demo we do we are asked where we get our sabres from. 1000 people watched us over 7  demos at milwaukee and we told every group about ultra sabers, keep up the good work, i have 3 of your sabres and will keep coming back to you

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 06:13:32 PM »

I consider myself VERY lucky to have come here first. I mean, this the FIRST forum I've ever joined. Thanks guys.

You know...we've got quite an eclectic group of people here, from every possible side of the Force. A Sith/Jedi coalition is a force - pun completely intended - to reckon with. Grin Lol. Just let the try to mess with US! Another pun. Because they will try, and they will fail.

"And now [crappy saber business people], you, will die. Ah-hahahaha!" Grin

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 06:15:57 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, it's great to see this kind of spirit in the community.  I don't want to trash talk the FX site, the owner happens to be a good friend of mine.  Some of the moderators there are another story, but really, it's old news and I'm happy to move on.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: