Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Deal of the day question  (Read 1195 times)
Xaviorbat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« on: August 07, 2014, 03:40:20 PM »

Am I misunderstanding this, or is it an error? Deal of the day doesn't change the price with update price, but when you add to cart it jumps up dramatically even if you haven't changed anything.

Locutis
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -100

Jedi or Sith? Let the board decide my fate!

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 03:46:27 PM »

I'm not sure why but the calculator does not work with the deal of the day.
When looking at a DotD saber I just use the calculator on my phone.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:56:29 PM by Locutis » Logged

Emerald Menace SE*
~Emerald Manticore*
Dark Monarch Scepter CG*
Dark Arbiter DVA*
Scorpion FO*
Dark Prophecy SY*
Shock GB*
~Overlord SRD*
~Liberator CE BR
~Dark Liberator AB
Dominix V3 AS
Phantasm LE CG
Prophecy V3 DVA
Standard Issue
Raven BR
Aeon LE V3 GB
Initiate V3 ABx2 & HP
Dominix V2 BR
Aeon V2 GB & EG
*Obsidian
~Raffle Prize

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 03:46:39 PM »

That's just the way it is programmed.  The deal of the day price is for the hilt only but the sale price doesn't update the way the normal price does.  You have to add the saber with all of your selected upgrades to your cart to see how much it will actually cost.  

Even if you don't change anything it still adds in the price of the battery setup and Obsidian soundboard when you put it in your cart.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Xaviorbat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »

That is very unnerving, comes off...I hesitate to use the term shady, but it doesn't look right, I will say that, Especially for the ones listed "with sound".

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 04:17:06 PM »

I don't know why it works the way it does, but it really isn't shady when you know the DotD prices (and all the listed prices) are for the hilt only.  You just have to manually add in the extra costs, and if it ends up being more than you want to spend just delete it from your cart.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Dnarvel
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 04:23:22 PM »

Yes, the DotD don't update with all your choices. But you can see in the customization page, that sound, AV switches, batteries and other items all add to the cost. Everything is there, it is just int he website programming calculator that has issues with the DotD hilt discounts.  The entire saber is not discounted, just the hilt, all the other options are still at their regular price.

I usually just add everything I want and go to the cart, just as Molina00 suggested.

War Glaive FO w/ BR FoC
Dominix V2 in BR (Grab Bag)
Aeon in CG (Grab Bag)
Initiate V3 BR

seymorerage
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 10:27:13 PM »

It still does that. If you want a stunt saber it is discounted all the way throughout to the cart. Once you want with sound No Discount. Triple checked on more than one DotD and once you add sound the price goes up to regular. They should make it clear that it is on Sabers without sound only.

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 03:45:14 AM »

It still does that. If you want a stunt saber it is discounted all the way throughout to the cart. Once you want with sound No Discount. Triple checked on more than one DotD and once you add sound the price goes up to regular. They should make it clear that it is on Sabers without sound only.

I thought someone pointed out in another recent thread that because of all the recent back to back conventions US is only discounting stunt sabers right now, not ones with sound.  So what you are seeing might be deliberate. Once things get back to normal for them the discounts will be broader (incl. the with sound option).   

People can correct me if I interpreted that wrong.

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 04:08:00 AM »

I thought someone pointed out in another recent thread that because of all the recent back to back conventions US is only discounting stunt sabers right now, not ones with sound.  So what you are seeing might be deliberate. Once things get back to normal for them the discounts will be broader (incl. the with sound option).   

People can correct me if I interpreted that wrong.

That is correct- they usually have 4 or so Deals on sale and for a given hilt, it's usually both with Sound and Sound & Emerald, clearly marked.

As out vets know most times our Deal of the Days are for the Sound and Emerald+Sound versions.  But with these back to back conventions going on we have to keep the load light right now.  But we still want to provide you guys some deals so... stunt saber DotD it is for right now.

Will be back to normal after the convention circuit is done.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: