Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22   Go Down
Author Topic: New York Comic Con, Denver Fan Expo, ECCC, & C2E2  (Read 186500 times)
Wolf8105
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

Its always harder to resist than to give in

« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2017, 06:48:35 AM »

I'm down in San Diego, but when I heard you were going to be at WonderCon I bought my ticket. It's only an hour and a half away. I'll see you guys on the 2nd!

Like I tell my wife "I'm the bad guy that's trying really super hard to be good."

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2017, 04:11:16 AM »

I got my ticket, parking, mask, and robe ready for Comicpalooza to support our local US heroes, now just waiting for Friday to get my azure reaper delivered!  Cool

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2017, 06:30:32 PM »

Made it to MegaCon this year. Might be paying a visit to you guys at SuperCon, too.

Kouri, GREAT cosplay ensemble.  Where did you get the mask (if you don't mind me asking)?  Thinking of getting into cosplay myself; still pricing out the options  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2017, 03:33:33 PM »

Modded a Black Series helmet. Expect a new pic this year with a new Kylo costume. Just need to decide between more accurate Ep7 robes or trying for Ep 8.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2017, 03:58:54 PM »

Modded a Black Series helmet. Expect a new pic this year with a new Kylo costume. Just need to decide between more accurate Ep7 robes or trying for Ep 8.
I haven't seen many Ep 8 pics of Kylo Ren.  Anything (significantly) different between Ep 7 & 8 costumes?  Regardless: looking forward to pics  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2017, 03:07:26 AM »

Traders village comic con was fun last weekend but small.  Star wars art festival this weekend should be bigger, and then Comicpalooza is always huge!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2017, 07:34:41 AM »

motor city comic con is the big one in my area. and collosal con a big one for Ohio (and decently close as well)  Grin

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

awindowacrossall
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 18

The Force.. it's been calling to you..

« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2017, 06:24:28 PM »

This Rey will be at PHXCC with my[/url] Prophecy V3!
http://imgur.com/a/aoZwu

Sabers:
Prophecy V3 in GB
Cosplays:
Rey- Jakku (Complete)
 Jedi

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2017, 03:13:52 AM »

so, word has come out outside of the forums the Phoenix con turned ugly. sorry Deep if this is quite touchy for you and the crew. but the promoter apparently didn't like how something was said to him and kicked US out of the con w/ no refund.

my personal view on this is: a large company that brings thousands of revenue in, brings in fans that would less than likely show up otherwise,
not to mention a professional side the smaller companies see stunts like this will less than likely show to this event knowing that they might get treated this way and loose out on important income for themselves.

does he realize how deep he cut his throat on that move?

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2017, 10:20:38 AM »

My question on this subject is when the hell did a lightsaber prop become a weapon, I mean really.  Then your going to turn around a tell these guys, "Oh you can sell your sabers, but your gonna have to bundle them in a trash bag."  Wow is all I can say.  The man behind is this disaster really screwed the pooch to do this to a large company like US.  You have all been to their booths at the various cons and seen the crowd they bring in.  Hell they were the reason I started going to DragonCon seven years ago, true story!  After reading the post on FB I was in shock.  Hopefully this will not happen at DragonCon.

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2017, 03:37:37 PM »

My question on this subject is when the hell did a lightsaber prop become a weapon, I mean really.  Then your going to turn around a tell these guys, "Oh you can sell your sabers, but your gonna have to bundle them in a trash bag."  Wow is all I can say.  The man behind is this disaster really screwed the pooch to do this to a large company like US.  You have all been to their booths at the various cons and seen the crowd they bring in.  Hell they were the reason I started going to DragonCon seven years ago, true story!  After reading the post on FB I was in shock.  Hopefully this will not happen at DragonCon.

exactly my point. I thought of going to dragoncon...to just hit the US booth.

who's scruffy looking?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2017, 05:30:23 PM »

Yeah I hope US's can still hit DragonCon and others in the future. Only takes one person to ruin something good. They should've known not to bring real weapons to a convention. I feel bad now for the troopers and stuff too that people look forward to having their pictures taken with. At Phoenix anyway. Hope this doesn't affect everyone even the smaller conventions x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2017, 08:20:29 PM »

Okay, blame for what happened at Phoenix lies SQUARELY on the people running Phoenix.
THEIR screeners let this guy in. THEIR people didn't stop a guy carrying REAL weapons from hitting the convention floor.
I hope US and other dealer will STRONGLY encourage BETTER entry screening at events like this.
Phoenix took a bad situation and made it worse by over-reacting

I'm hoping Salt Lake doesn't do anything this STUPID come September. Phoenix basically punished their core audience for the mistakes THEIR people made

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2017, 10:31:37 PM »

Okay, blame for what happened at Phoenix lies SQUARELY on the people running Phoenix.
THEIR screeners let this guy in. THEIR people didn't stop a guy carrying REAL weapons from hitting the convention floor.
I hope US and other dealer will STRONGLY encourage BETTER entry screening at events like this.
Phoenix took a bad situation and made it worse by over-reacting

I'm hoping Salt Lake doesn't do anything this STUPID come September. Phoenix basically punished their core audience for the mistakes THEIR people made

the blame actually lies Squarely on the the perpetrator. But security is a balance between protection and customer service. It is a concern that if there are metal detectors, armed guards and police at every entrance, people will shy away from the event/location because they will think "bad things must always happen there" .  If nothing happens people complain that it is a police state and there is too much for this event/location"nothing would ever happen here". If something does happens people complain that there wasn't enough. There is also the added cost for all the extra security. The conventions are a business after all and if they have run the same style of security procedure for years without anything serious happening, the powers that pay for everything tend to think it is not needed.(the security heads always say different)  Unfortunately most security at events like this is Reactive instead of Proactive unless there is cause (threat made) prior to the event.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2017, 12:51:55 AM »

I agree with Duff man, if you follow it all the way through the root cause is another wacko wanting to hurt people for whatever bizarre demented reason they always have.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: