Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Costume creation cutouts  (Read 1659 times)
Akimoto873
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Passion

« on: August 13, 2014, 10:18:07 AM »

Greetings!

I have recently gained a huge interest in costume crafting, mainly with EVA Foam. I was wondering if anyone know of any good sources of armor "cutout"-blueprints I could try out Smiley
I am fully prepared to create these blueprints myself, however, since I am a newbie at this I feel it would be best for me to learn how to properly use cutouts before making them myself.

I would like to make "Sith armor", which will be worn under a black sith robe (full robe). Because I use glasses, I do not intend to make any full mask, although I am considering making a half mask.

Thank you for any input!

1. Bellicose [Blazing Red]

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 12:15:11 AM »

Pepakura is one way to go- its basically a form of making stuff from card or paper which you tape or preferably glue together folded pieces to create just about anything. With a little modification it works well for foam pieces too. You can download the viewer program which allows most of the functions but doesn't allow you to save any work, or you can pay for the designer program which is fully featured. Then you can download pepakura patterns which exist for a lot of different stuff- we are slowly working as time permits on halo Spartan armour from pepakura designs.

if i wasn't on my phone id link you to some basic armour i did for my partner using a pepakura pattern which i then modified. If you google pepakura followed by whatever type of armour you want to make you should get plenty of hits. There's a guy who has tutorial vids out there on iron man armour he made out of foam using pepakura, interesting and useful to watch Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Akimoto873
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Passion

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 08:26:32 AM »

Thanks alot! Smiley

1. Bellicose [Blazing Red]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: