Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Glue between Obsidian and battery holder?  (Read 2448 times)
magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« on: August 15, 2014, 04:50:37 AM »

Hey there forumites!

Does anyone know what kind of glue should be used to secure the obsidian board to the AA battery holder?

My Overlord suffered an unfortunate droppage / throwage across the living-room floor.. everything works fine but the board came loose from the battery holder.. I've got a few rubber bands holding it in place, but I am looking for a more secure solution.. if that is possible?

Thanks in advance!
-Magik0012

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 05:07:02 PM »

Hi.  I know that this has been addressed before but I can't clearly recall the answer.  Might be best to contact Emory.  Hope it gets fixed soon.

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 02:52:01 AM »

Use double sided automotive tape  Wink

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 04:27:05 PM »

Silverback is correct.  Ultra had relayed that to he and I long ago as what they were using with the original Obsidian boards.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 06:56:20 PM »

Thanks Master Bluespike74 & SILERBACK! I'll give that a try.

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 11:46:56 PM »

Yep, mine had double sided tape on it.  It has actually become, "unsticky" and the sound board is a little floppy when I pull the package out.  Need to get some more tape and reinforce it.

Oh, and Magik, that's why they refer to those lower end sabers that don't have all of the fancy add ons as "stunt" sabers!  If you intend to experience "throwage", you might want to practice with the stunter first, haha.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 01:53:03 AM »

I am just glad it was the tape only.  I lost the pommel on mine during a hard core swing followed by a thrust.  Obsidian, speaker, and battery pack came hurdling out the rear.  This is what caused the death of my War Glaive.  To all the haters, the sounds were still coming from the speaker until I removed the batteries. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: