Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Unboxing/Review Video - Dark Mantis, Manticore CE Staff, Azure Reaper  (Read 4887 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 04:40:20 PM »

Hazard,

He did get it shipped with Sentinel Yellow but it has the Emerald card in it. There have been some reports of the yellow showing both the green and the red LED colour low in the blade and unfortunately his does. Even with some tweaks to make the colour more to his liking, they're still there but they only show up really low in the blade which means that it only shows through in the holes around the bottom of the emitter which.. actually looks really cool. So you've got two or three green holes, some yellow on each side then red to finish the side opposite to the green. So it really encapsulates the whole "neutral"  thing he has going. 

Ok an emerald Mantis, when I last tuned my emerald Archon to SY i don't remember any red/green coming through.  But that was quite a while ago so i can't say for sure.  Now that you mention it I'm going to take a look tonight and see if i can come up with a clean yellow color. I will report back.  Thank you Liselyn.  Point!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 11:37:53 PM »

Remember clean yellow depends on which blade you use. This more relates to silver versed white as opposed to mid grade verses ultraedge.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 04:50:58 AM »

Results are in, posted pics and emerald setting in the Yellow Legion pic thread for SY on my emerald Archon.  It turned out well.

Link here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=15057.new#new

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 12:22:19 PM »

Nice review, and Really nice sabers!

dark side points please

Liselyn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 08:28:22 AM »

Curses. I had a good reply all typed up but then managed to crash IE. That'll teach me for replying when at work, I suppose.

Hazard: Yay Archon! Great pictures and that is a truly gorgeous colour. I'm not a big fan of the yellows, but that really is quite lovely. I may have to trial some yellow filters on my Archon now Wink

I could be completely wrong, but being the "lightest" of the secondary colours (ie, purple/yellow/cyan), Yellow tends to show the unmixed primary colours the most. We are talking about 4 LEDs being very close together after all and if they're not at the perfect angle then you're going to see some non-mixture. It's entirely possible that there is unmixed red and/or blue in purple blades, we just can't see it well enough to spot it as well as we do on the yellow. Again though, I could just be barking up the wrong tree Smiley

JediJosh: Also that the "cleanliness" is determined by personal opinion! But I do actually agree with you - I found that the UltraEdge gave almost a... pastel effect to the yellow, and indeed, to most "warm colours". We ended up swapping out the UltraEdge for a Standard and it looks significantly better.

Thanks for the positive responses guys, totally thrilled that our little video made people smile :3

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 05:20:39 PM »

Yes I've found that red, orange, yellow etcetera all look better in a standard blade.
Funny thought. This means that before when it was just blue for Jedi and Red for with it was literally standard versus ultra edge:).

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 03:05:20 AM »

Curses. I had a good reply all typed up but then managed to crash IE. That'll teach me for replying when at work, I suppose.

Hazard: Yay Archon! Great pictures and that is a truly gorgeous colour. I'm not a big fan of the yellows, but that really is quite lovely. I may have to trial some yellow filters on my Archon now Wink

I could be completely wrong, but being the "lightest" of the secondary colours (ie, purple/yellow/cyan), Yellow tends to show the unmixed primary colours the most. We are talking about 4 LEDs being very close together after all and if they're not at the perfect angle then you're going to see some non-mixture. It's entirely possible that there is unmixed red and/or blue in purple blades, we just can't see it well enough to spot it as well as we do on the yellow. Again though, I could just be barking up the wrong tree Smiley

JediJosh: Also that the "cleanliness" is determined by personal opinion! But I do actually agree with you - I found that the UltraEdge gave almost a... pastel effect to the yellow, and indeed, to most "warm colours". We ended up swapping out the UltraEdge for a Standard and it looks significantly better.

Thanks for the positive responses guys, totally thrilled that our little video made people smile :3

Interestingly for me, I switched out to my regular MG blade and the same yellow on my Archon shows more of a lime green/yellow.  What?  It still looks good but I didn't expect that to happen.  I will leave the MG blade in as it is brighter to the end of the blade.

Don't forget we will be looking forward to some individual reviews of those nice saber you guys have Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 04:59:20 AM »

Yeah that Sun Rider's Destiny (cyan) can be hard to get unless you get the right camera settings. I more like colors like that on any standard blade. I need another Sun Rider's Destiny saber again. (Don't ask).

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: