Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
Author Topic: Seven Forms of Lightsaber Combat: A Discourse  (Read 130029 times)
Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2012, 04:44:34 AM »

This is an extremely useful resource. I might print off several copies for my friends that deal with Star Wars Lightsaber topics, if you wouldn't mind. If not, then I will definately redirect the to this place. Such an interesting, well written response towards Lightsaber Combat Forms.

Master Uilos
Resident Master
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 121

Snark Jedi

« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2012, 07:38:33 PM »

This is an extremely useful resource. I might print off several copies for my friends that deal with Star Wars Lightsaber topics, if you wouldn't mind. If not, then I will definately redirect the to this place. Such an interesting, well written response towards Lightsaber Combat Forms.

I have a standing "Print, by all means" policy. My one condition is that you post your opinions and findings. I like a discussion.

Pedantic Lightsaber Philosopher. Stage Combat Junkie. Cranky New York Street Mage.

Master of the Snark Side of the Force

Long Live The Fighters

shayde
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2012, 08:41:24 AM »

Nice work. I'd love to get more involved in this and it's good to know there is a great following for this.

props go to you mate.

Tokko
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

In peace we live, In peace we die

« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2013, 08:59:50 PM »

I have been getting in some good training for Soresu lately because a friend and I have been setting up rules for a LARP that uses Nerf guns and Ultrasabers. Some disk firing guns shoot slower then others and are easier to deflect but I still have a long way to go. That friend has a bad time when I use my Nerf dart blow gun as they fire nice and fast out of it. There was one he deflected that was a suction dart and it stuck to his saber. We lolz at that moment like when one stuck to my forehead a few years back. The added research of information on the form will help greatly in the deflecting for all of us who choose a lightsaber in it. 

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2013, 03:57:52 AM »

Welcome to the forums!

There are bunches of fellow saberiests up in the Great North...there closeness of course is relative...big place  Smiley

Here is a map so you can see if anyone is close

http://www.communitywalk.com/map/index/1531286

Light side points please Smiley

Tokko
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

In peace we live, In peace we die

« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2013, 04:36:09 AM »

I have checked out that map prior. It surprised me because I think that I know some one who lives in the same city of me because he goes by the same name on Steam. Sky Dragon c5.

fairionb
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2013, 02:53:01 AM »

Does anyone have a personal opinion on which saber to use in a dueling event?

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2013, 02:54:57 AM »

Welcome to the forum!

Could you  be more specific about the saber choice?

Are you asking about the extras and options, such as blade type?

Smiley

Bern Sal Becca
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

Light side points please

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2013, 12:54:06 AM »

Excellent paper. Very Informative, as well as helping confirm some beliefs i aleady had about the forms

Luceo Non Uro
I shine not burn

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2013, 05:04:22 AM »

Welcome to the forums...nice thread to start on  Smiley

Bluesky
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2013, 03:12:13 AM »

Really excellent work Craig.

This has helped me think about the 7 Forms in a clearer way.

I like how it covers them in more detail in one place then I have ever seen before.
Thank you for your work and effort.

Kind Regards
Bluesky

And they live untouched by sorrow in the islands of the blessed along the shore of deep-swirling Ocean, happy heroes for whom the grain-giving earth bears honey-sweet fruit flourishing thrice a year, far from the deathless gods, and Cronos rules over them

— Hesiod,Works and Days (170)

Malit Arcturus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2013, 08:32:13 AM »

Excellent information. I happened to stumble upon this before and I have to say it was brilliant to post.

Malit Arcturus-Jedi Warrior and Hunter of Sith.
lightsabers:
Dark Initiate v3 (CG, VA)
Dark Liberator v3 (SY)
Bellicose (BR)

Master Uilos
Resident Master
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 121

Snark Jedi

« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2013, 03:31:26 AM »

I'm glad you enjoyed!

Pedantic Lightsaber Philosopher. Stage Combat Junkie. Cranky New York Street Mage.

Master of the Snark Side of the Force

Long Live The Fighters

Regulus
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2013, 04:33:43 PM »

My hero.... Shocked

thank you sooooo much, now I can try to draw parallels between historical long sword/ side sword techniques and the stage fight version of those 7 styles!!

If anyone wants to share and talk about how we can use the techniques for real sharp blades ( cortosis vibroblade works!) and cut everything anyway with no blade weight type of sword.
We can base it mostly on the german and itaian fencing techniques.

Also I really want to practice with someone used to train with you guys from NY ( where I was 2 weeks ago...stupid me)
I wan tto come up with a "realistic fight" since I too prefer a realistic feel than a flurry huming fight.
Of course , Jiu Jutsu, Aikido and even Iaido form can tottaly be part of it and is ( in my opinion) necessary when you get to the proper mesure for kicks, punches and locks/throw.

Please feel free to share with me and ask me about historical techniques and style!

Cheers.

Student/ instructor at Academie Duello, school of Swordplay
FDC basic certification, safety and technique of the stage fight
Studied, German and Italian fencing schools
Dedicated to long sword, side sword, rapier and...Lightsabers!

Master VorNach
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 176

Mendicus esset tamen suus candeo.

« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2013, 07:57:36 AM »

thank you sooooo much, now I can try to draw parallels between historical long sword/ side sword techniques and the stage fight version of those 7 styles!!

If anyone wants to share and talk about how we can use the techniques for real sharp blades ( cortosis vibroblade works!) and cut everything anyway with no blade weight type of sword.
We can base it mostly on the german and itaian fencing techniques.

The material the Nonymous and I present is developed from actual sword based marital arts. He has extensive experience in Chinese martial arts and much of his material is based on the Chinese longsword, a 2 handed jian and the dao (Chinese broadsword).
The bulk of the Djem So material I'm putting together is derived from German longsword. Eventually I'm going to put some single handed saber information out which, in large part, will be derived from German messer techniques (check out Talhoffer).

Cower not within yourself; whatever he says unto you, do not react to it; fight earnestly for yourself thusly;

https://sites.google.com/site/terraprimelightsaberacademy/
http://annarborsword.com/

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: