Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Launcher v3.2.2 issues  (Read 5610 times)
Akimoto873
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Passion

« on: August 27, 2014, 06:24:48 AM »

Just noticed that the two topics I were posting in about the issue have "magically" disappeared. I can only assume that BOTH topic owners asked to get it deleted at the same time... or perhaps an mod deleted it or made it hidden from public view, or perhaps moved it.

( Links to topics that have "disappeared";
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=21316.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17747.0 )

Anyhow, I (like a few others) have issues with the Obsidian Launcher v3.2.2. software. Of course it could be the hardware, but that would mean I would have to return the entire ultrasaber, and we don't want that do we?
But fortunately, I do believe that the error is caused by the software, not hardware. A big clue is the error you  get on startup, regardless or not if you have the ultrasaber connected to your computer.
( Startup error: http://prntscr.com/4gvz6v )

Now, when I "do" follow the instructions perfectly, both the method described in email (instructions quoted below), forums and/or the ones from the Launcher's readme pages, I get an "Connection to device was lost" error ( http://prntscr.com/4gw0a3 ) after it searches for it. The only way that I am even able to connect my saber to the launcher, is by starting the launcher before plugging in the saber. That way it recognizes the connection (but I still get the same startup error). When I press "New" it also gives me the same startup error. Now, regardless of the error, I tried to "read properties" before manually selecting every single sound font and selected "Write Sound Font". However, that -always- gives me the "Device Configuration Failed" error ( http://prntscr.com/4gw0q0 ).

My computer is "English".
Windows 7, 64 bit
Always administrator.
Tried three different computers. Two of them were mine, one a work computer. Same error on startup and same issues.

I have tried to plug it in both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, following the exact saber instructions, but I always get the "Device Configuration Failed" error. Always.

"Instructions from shipping(at)ultrasabers.com":
Please make sure the Obsidian Launcher is being uninstalled and re-installed as administrator.  If you have multiple accounts on your computer operating system, please make sure that you are logged in as an administrator when you are uninstalling or re-installing the Obsidian Launcher.  And please uninstall any past installations of the Obsidian Launcher of any sort (or type or version whatsoever) as the administrator, and re-install it as administrator from here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0 (this is always the latest version of the Launcher).

Please change your regional locale settings on your computer to English so that it uses (.) and not (,)

Make sure the saber is turned on and then, while the saber is already on, plug it into your computer with a Mini USB cable.  Then run the program and when you run the program please right click it and select "Run as administrator"

Then when you go to upload the soundfont please make sure that you fill each soundbank (boot, power on, power off, etc) yourself, do not leave whatever was in there, even if you are putting the same font in its place be sure that you manually fill each and every bank yourself and then see if it allows you to download the soundfont onto the soundboard. [THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, YOU NEED TO *EMPTY EVERY BANK* FIRST AND THEN FILL EACH AND EVERY BANK YOURSELF]

When you are finish please click (at the top) Soundboard and then Write Sound Files to change the soundfonts.  Do NOT click Write parameters.

Hope this can be solved. Although I suspect you may need to revisit the Obsidian Launcher's code... !

Thank you for reading.

1. Bellicose [Blazing Red]

Akimoto873
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Passion

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:46:42 PM »

Okay, the error has been discovered. It "was" the software. I thought I changed everything to US, but I forgot to change the "Formats" (which decides the time format, currency, etc. on your  computer).
It requires you to change the Locale (Formats) to "English (United States)" to make it work.
I will make a video tutorial how to do it later, among with my positive review of my ultrasaber! Oh boy, I can't express how happy I am right now... ! Time to launch my soundforge and customize my sound fonts!

1. Bellicose [Blazing Red]

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 01:02:04 PM »

Didn't I already suggest that? Cheesy I thought I did, but anyway, I'm glad that your problem is solved Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Kanain
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:54:10 PM »

Yes, you did.  As did I in several other threads.  But we also need to keep in mind that US as used in United States may be misunderstood as US as in Ultra Sabers.

I'm glad they got it to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

First Saber - The Guardian with Sound (Emerald)
Initiate LE  v3

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 11:50:14 AM »

Oh, yeah, you're right. Totally forgot that US has two meanings here Cheesy I'll try to remember that the next time.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 02:06:02 PM »

change it to English United states and run as administrator.....not tried those yet, will give it a go

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: