Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Compatability  (Read 1640 times)
Darth Aequus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 28, 2014, 06:09:11 PM »

Please excuse any grammatical mistakes or those regarding terminology I am a noob... My question is the hilt compatibility of the Phantom V3 Saberstaff with a Yari Pike. I have a standard flush(no sound) coupler on the Phantom V3 and I want to add a Yari Pike between the two. This would still be a double bladed saber just with an extended hilt because of the Yari Pike. The question is rather a Yari Pike can be coupled on both sides. This would mean coupling one-half if my Phantom V3 at one end of the Pike and the other half of my Phantom V3 on the other side. Is this possible?

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 06:16:11 PM »

That is absolutely possible.  The pommels on the Dominix V3's (Phantom V3) are MHS compatible, that is modular hilt system.  You can use any other MHS compatible pommels, parts or the yari extensions. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 06:18:46 PM »

Definitely! Both sides of the Yari are MHS compatible, so extending your Phantom is not a problem. Only the handling can become very difficult, depending on the blades used Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 06:20:34 PM »

Just one thing to remember - both ends of the Yari are MHS compatible, but it has two female ends, just like the saber hilts.  So to connect them to anything you would need a male/male coupler like the one you currently have.  So to couple it as you describe you would need to have:

Phantom Hilt - coupler - yari extension - coupler - Phantom hilt.

Or, put another way, order a second coupler with the pike.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 06:34:43 PM »

I forgot about that.  Between the three of us we'll get him all the info he needs.

That's going to be quite a hilt, almost 40" long.  What length of blades are you planning on using?

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Aequus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 09:54:35 PM »

Thanks all of you I will make sure to order it...
Also I received numerous warnings regarding my ability to control you are maybe the 4th(lol). I, however, practice the sub-martial art of Bo-Jutsu...and while a Bo isn't a proper comparison to a Saberstaff it's rather close. But once again thank all of you and may the FORCE  be with you...

Darth Aequus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 09:59:53 PM »

One more thing would I need to purchase two more couplers to combine the pike and sabers?

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 10:04:39 PM »

You would only need one coupler.  See Karmack's post for how everything connects together. 

Darth Aequus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 01:13:53 AM »

Okay this is officially the last thanks, thank you. I now understand. Since I already have a coupler which is standard in all double-bladed sabers all I need is one. To (Molina00) I will be using two 16 inch blades.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 12:42:53 PM »

You need 2 couplers to do this. One on each end of the pike extension, they will connect to each individual saber because the pike is female/female ended and the coupler is male/male ended. Each saber will have a female threaded end where a pommel, which is male threaded, screws into.

If you already have 1 coupler, then you only need to buy 1 more. However, I recommend buying 2 standard couplers (the ones that disappear into the hilts when coupled) UNLESS you WANT that added length of having 2 flush couplers. Then just buy another flush coupler.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print