Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What exactly is the Emerald?  (Read 1258 times)
Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« on: September 01, 2014, 09:12:26 PM »

I have been pondering purchasing an Emerald saber with sound for some time in the foreseeable future as a result of having more finances and whatnot from starting my career but I had a question which I was not able to acquire from many previous topic entries and videos.

What exactly is the Emerald and what does it include?

Is it just an additional driver like the Obsidian and is placed above the battery pack?
If I get an Emerald saber and I get an LED/MLS unit, can I ONLY use that specific LED/MLS unit for that Emerald saber?

The main reason that I ask this is because I have a single Adegan Silver MLS unit with Quick-Disconnect and FoC Blue.  I made the mistake of ordering a single MLS unit when I should have just ordered a V2 with AS.
Anyway, that aside, I'm trying to find a "home" for it.  I have considered ordering a hilt such as a Shock but requesting Emory not include an LED, but I felt like that would be a waste because the price wouldn't be reduced.

Basically, if the Emerald is nothing more than a driver, could I use any LED/MLS unit with an Emerald specific saber or does an Emerald saber need its specific LED/MLS unit that it came with?

This is very important to me because I feel like the Emerald eliminates the need for Quick-Disconnect but if QD is possible do you have to use another LED/MLS unit that was given specifically from another Emerald saber, or does that not matter?

Am I making any sense?

Basically, when I think of which saber hilt would be best for the Emerald I see the Catalyst, surprisingly, because it's LED can't be normally disconnected and swapped out.  However, if the LED/MLS unit DOES NOT MATTER on the Emerald, then I could order say a Shock LE and ask Emory not to include an LED/MLS unit and just put in the spare AS unit I have.
Could that work?

Whoops, I just realized there is an Emerald specific section on the forum.  My bad.  Feel free to move it if you so wish.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:16:50 PM by Waxman » Logged

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 11:14:05 AM »

You're right that the Emerald Driver is an additional board attached to the battery pack just like the Obsidian sound board. It comes with a specific LED module that can include QD's. The QD's are only available for 2-channel Emerald sabers, though.

However, you'll need the specific LED Module called "LED Module (Emerald)" either with or without QD's if you have a 2-channel Emerald Driver so that you can actually use it. Any other LED Module WILL NOT work with the Emerald Driver. For the 4-channel Driver you'll need a different LED Module that isn't sold separately, only upon request (like the Drivers themselves). This unit doesn't have QD's and it can't be ordered with them - it's just not necessary.

So, what you're planning to do with your spare AS LED module won't work with the Emerald Driver. It can only work with a non-Emerald saber that uses MLS LED modules.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 11:19:53 AM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 11:49:20 AM »

With the Emerald Driver 4 channel you will get damn near EVERY color under the rainbow. I've seen people do some crazy stuff with it! You can even program a "flicker" effect, though I'm not sure how. You're gonna want to ask someone who owns an Emerald saber...

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 01:46:32 PM »

With the Emerald Driver 4 channel you will get damn near EVERY color under the rainbow.

Literally Cheesy

I've seen people do some crazy stuff with it! You can even program a "flicker" effect, though I'm not sure how. You're gonna want to ask someone who owns an Emerald saber...

Right, it's called "Pulse Mode" and it's a function that changes between two colours within a specific time frame - which can be set from very small (fast movie-like flicker) to very high (slow transition between the two colours). You can use it with any colour combination and with both Drivers. In the case of the 2-channel Driver the colour combinations are restricted, obviously.

You can check the videos from Emory about the Driver here and you can also post your questions in the forum, of course Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: