Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Story of Apex, Dark Jedi  (Read 2504 times)
cybergreen
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

Deliverance from evil. Virtus est in sola fide.

« on: September 07, 2014, 02:00:59 PM »

One of the two characters I RP as is Apex the Dark Jedi. As I have time, I'll put down parts of his story here.

=====Chapter One=====

SKREEEEEEEEEE! The Sith troopers turned in alarm at the horrendous wailing screech as the blast door shook and shuddered under some tremendous unseen force. Twice the mighty slabs of alloy buckled and bent, and on the third SLAM of force and SCREECH of twisting metal, one blew clean away from the wall, shearing off at a battered stress line and spinning once on its corner before slamming down hard on the ground. Immediately the gathered troops began to seek cover and fire into the dark corridor, but the menacing figure within cast every bolt aside and barreled into the room like a storm cloud, casting yellow lightning all around to short out the room's electronics and systems, and lithely evading blaster bolts like a circus acrobat.

Diodes popped and rained sparks down from the ceiling and shards of shattered glass flew all around, and the Sith troopers began to panic. Some threw down their guns and raised hands above heads in surrender, while others stumbled frantically away from the malevolent sowing death among them, trying desperately to escape the same way their assailant had come.

A few brave among the lot held their ground and renewed fire, but to no avail. The figure, tattered cloak billowing around his gleaming armored form, cast out an arm dramatically and ignited a lightsaber blade the hue of burnished copper, slicing it deftly through the air to snatch away the bolts and send them hurtling every which way. As it moved the weapon seemed to let out a heart-wrenching scream of agony, causing the soldiers to sink to their knees and clasp hands over helmeted ears as if they could somehow block out the sound.

The invader stormed over to one soldier and ripped off his helmet, kicking him down and pointing the tip of the lightsaber at his victim's throat. The Sith soldier trembled and felt his legs grow warm as his bladder released. “My Lord,” he said waveringly. “What have we done to anger you? We are Sith! We serve the same great Master!” He drew back in fear as the figure's shoulders began to shake. He was laughing. After a few moments the assailant drew back the lightsaber and leaned in close to his terrified victim's face.

“I am no skrogging SITH,” he hissed in a horrible lilting voice. The Sith trooper looked on in horror as the not-Sith turned and heaved his screaming saber at the window covering one whole half of the room. It had been treated to absorb the force of siege rounds on the outside, and even to deflect blaster bolts on the inside, but nothing could protect it against the insane might of the not-Sith's weapon. It spun in wide sweeping arcs for a mere few moments before shearing right through the window and coming back to its master.

As the not-Sith snatched his saber from the air, the window shattered and the contents of the room were sucked into the void of infinite space. The soldiers screamed and wailed until the void stripped the air from their lungs and they died an agonizing, suffocating death, but the not-Sith tumbled into his waiting fighter, the cockpit closing around him. His saber was already deactivated and clipped to his belt. “Apex reporting. It's done,” he announced over the fighter's intercom, weaving through the explosions and artillery fire of the battle between the fleets of the Republic and the Sith Empire. “In...” he looked down at the computer integrated into his armor. “...Fifty-seven seconds, the Storm of Kaas will be no more.” By the time he had escaped the battle zone, the flagship of the Seventy-Third Imperial Fleet had indeed burst into a hundred million shards of shining shrapnel, torn apart by the seismic charges Apex had planted in its sixteen reactor modulation units.

“Good work,” came a crackling voice over the intercom. “Reconnect with your hyperdrive and return immediately.”

“Roger that.” Apex traveled the short distance to his fighter's hyperdrive ring and locked back into place, punching in coordinates which would take him close to the Outer Rim. The Dark Jedi Apex had once again served the Republic quite literally from the shadows. Something pulled at him, though. Sith, the trooper had called him. Apex couldn't blame him, of cource, but it still bothered him. As his ship leaped into the first hyperspace lane on his journey, Apex thought back to his early days, before he had betrayed the Order and before he had found his calling once again.

Dark Side points, please!

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 08:26:37 PM »

Interesting have a point.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 10:28:06 PM »

A most diabolical way to die and one of my greatest fears (all of those sci-fi movies don't necessary help  Cheesy).

It's nice to see "bad guys" doing "bad things" every so often.

Have a Dark Side point.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

cybergreen
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

Deliverance from evil. Virtus est in sola fide.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 10:36:21 AM »

Thanks for both the points. I'm a big Revan fan, but I also think he's pretty much the only person who could have been fully Dark Side and Light Side at the same time, obviously through no effort of his own. If anyone else attempted it... Well, this is the story of Apex =P I love Dark Side stuff as much as anyone else who's a fan of the EU over the OT or even prequels, but I feel not enough people actually write Dark Siders as evil enough. Even as someone who most certainly serves the Republic and hates the Sith, Apex is still a corrupted, evil, psychotic madman. Romanticizing freedom and passion can't change the fundamental nature of the Dark Side to offer power but take and take and take in return. Only the strongest of minds could possibly bend the Dark to their will, and I believe that would even then only be possible if that person was already fully devoted to the Light and the peace and clarity it brings beforehand. Apex was by no means a master of the Light when he turned, as the story will show when I get around to it.

Dark Side points, please!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 07:12:13 PM »

Nice begining!  Hard on the Sith soldiers, but that's what you get for fighting for the wrong side.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: