Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: crazy grab bags  (Read 2764 times)
DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« on: July 31, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »

i was just wondering if anyone has gotten any crazy grab bags like not your normal sabers etc....Huh

through fear, there is pain,
through pain, there is strength,
through strength, there is control,
through control, there is power,
through power we bring the masses..-Darth Dracus

Sub-Zero
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

I am weilder of the Wan.

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 05:08:30 PM »

It happens. Recently too.

It seems, however, that if you get an awesome grab bag that you should keep it to yourself. It isn't fair when some see what you got and they paid more to have the same thing.

It does happen though. Just like any other gamble, you have winners and losers. At least the losers are still winning here.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »

this is what i like about grab bags.  its always a good surprise.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 07:48:47 PM »

It happens. Recently too.

It seems, however, that if you get an awesome grab bag that you should keep it to yourself. It isn't fair when some see what you got and they paid more to have the same thing.

It does happen though. Just like any other gamble, you have winners and losers. At least the losers are still winning here.

Yeah... if they're was a chance that I could get one such as the one you are referring to Sub-Zero (don't want to mention anything, and spark off a conflict), I would buy a grab bag every once in a while.... 

But With That Being Stricken From Possibilities (It Seems), I probably won't be pick'n one up anytime soon, not when I could put the money towards another Awesome Saber Wink

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 07:51:35 AM »

really?? start a conflict? to me that would be awsome..

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 11:39:11 AM »

@Sith Lords - start a conflict?  I hear you darksiders are exceedingly skilled at that Wink

Yeah honestly people need to get their expectations to a reasonable level.  Lets say you buy a grab bag with a mid grade blade and specify metal - it comes to $65 before shipping.  That's the SAME PRICE as a Dominix or Aeon, which are the cheapest full size hilts.  This means you're essentially guaranteed a good deal, since a lot of the stunt hilts run $75-100 a piece, with the most expensive ones being $130.  Imagine getting a 50% discount on a Dark Prophecy LE - this is indeed a possibility.

That said, you're NOT very likely to get something like, say, a saber with sound.  Don't plan on it, because it won't happen.  Also, just so we can maybe cut down on the number of grab bag threads, let me say this - grab bags are for people who just want to roll the dice and see what they get.  It's a nice option, especially considering that you can get a pretty well priced saber, as I just explained.  HOWEVER, if you get something and don't like it or it doesn't fit you well, then that discount wasn't much good was it?  Look through the sabers, if you find something you like then GO FOR IT!  There's nothing quite like falling in love with a particular hilt and color and saving up to buy the saber.  Finding it on your doorstep makes you forget completely about price tags, and can completely turn around the worst of days.

Grab bag sabers are great for some people - if you want a cool Ultrasaber (maybe even in a particular color) but don't care about hilt style, then go for it!  My gf got a grab bag in VA, since she's less picky than I am about hilts - she is very happy with it.  Just don't expect to get a Dark War Glaive or something, and you should be happy with your purchase.

Sub-Zero
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

I am weilder of the Wan.

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 12:16:09 PM »

@Sith Lords - start a conflict?  I hear you darksiders are exceedingly skilled at that Wink

Yeah honestly people need to get their expectations to a reasonable level.  Lets say you buy a grab bag with a mid grade blade and specify metal - it comes to $65 before shipping.  That's the SAME PRICE as a Dominix or Aeon, which are the cheapest full size hilts.  This means you're essentially guaranteed a good deal, since a lot of the stunt hilts run $75-100 a piece, with the most expensive ones being $130.  Imagine getting a 50% discount on a Dark Prophecy LE - this is indeed a possibility.

That said, you're NOT very likely to get something like, say, a saber with sound.  Don't plan on it, because it won't happen.  Also, just so we can maybe cut down on the number of grab bag threads, let me say this - grab bags are for people who just want to roll the dice and see what they get.  It's a nice option, especially considering that you can get a pretty well priced saber, as I just explained.  HOWEVER, if you get something and don't like it or it doesn't fit you well, then that discount wasn't much good was it?  Look through the sabers, if you find something you like then GO FOR IT!  There's nothing quite like falling in love with a particular hilt and color and saving up to buy the saber.  Finding it on your doorstep makes you forget completely about price tags, and can completely turn around the worst of days.

Grab bag sabers are great for some people - if you want a cool Ultrasaber (maybe even in a particular color) but don't care about hilt style, then go for it!  My gf got a grab bag in VA, since she's less picky than I am about hilts - she is very happy with it.  Just don't expect to get a Dark War Glaive or something, and you should be happy with your purchase.

Well said Nero. +1 light side point!

DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 06:52:28 PM »

..I like all the hilts, to behonest if got any of the hilts it would be a good day since it would be my first metal saber. The grab bag is cool to me lets the force pick it for me..and anyways my grab bag was only $76

I dont mind taking risks Tongue....I know sound wont come in the option...I just wanted to know if anyone got anything cool from the grab bags.

when i get it..i will post my review on it forsure!!!

DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 06:54:19 PM »

plus I cant choose a saber hence why im picking a grab bag..all of them are so frickin sweet!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 07:12:27 PM »

plus I cant choose a saber hence why im picking a grab bag..all of them are so frickin sweet!

Makes sense, that's fine I was just trying to put down a few of my thoughts and advice for grab bags.  I haven't ordered one, but my friend and I plan to in the next week or so.  I'll let you know how my luck turns out then - good luck with your own grab bag!

DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 04:03:12 AM »

thankyou! wasnt trying to come off angry or anything Cheesy

DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 05:11:11 PM »

i just got an RGB Aeon for only 76 bucks thats crazy i guess.. Cheesy

darth nicromonia
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -39

Embrace The Dark Side

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 06:24:33 PM »

Wow your pretty lucky, my grab bag saber is in Dieppe NB, Canada, which is just a short ways away so it should be here tomorrow or monday. Cheesy

This will be my first saber so it really doesn't matter what I get Cheesy

Archon: Guardian Blue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: