Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: 2 channel Emerald driver question.  (Read 9805 times)
Olphatnurd
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« on: September 16, 2014, 01:07:51 PM »

Hey all you saber nuts,
  I've decided to get my saber in guardian blue with a silver foc. I would also like to have my av switch illuminated to either one of those colors. My interest
in the Emerald driver is to provide the pulsing effect, not to change or mix colors. So my question is, "Can I order a 2 channel driver and have one of the channels
dedicated to illuminate my av switch, or do I still have to order a silver or blue illuminated switch in the obsidian sound drop down options?" Thanks in advance to
anyone who responds with an answer or advice.

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:41:29 PM »

*edit* didn't notice that US offers the blue and silver together for colors

note that when you dedicate a channel to the AV switch you will lose that channel for the blade (This goes for FoC as well) so if you had a 2 channel you would only have 1 channel for the blade which you could use for the flickering effect but that would be about it. You would want to have it in series to a channel probably the red channel so that it your AV is nice and on when the saber is on and you might be able to get it to flicker too

in my opinion for what your paying to get emerald the value is really in the 4 channel sabers for being able to fully color mix
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:33:37 PM by Choco » Logged

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

Olphatnurd
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »

Thanks Choco,
  So now I just need to decide if having the pulse effect is worth the price of a 4 channel Emerald driver
since I'm dead set on guardian blue and silver foc. I do love the look of the pulse, the blade comes alive!

Choco
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 02:37:38 PM »

Don't get me wrong I love the pulsing effect and if you feel that it's worth it to have and your dead set on it then go for it but for sound and all the other goodies for me I felt making it a 4 channel is the way to go to give you color flexibility for the times you do wanna change it up

it's really up to you on what you have your heart set on though if you do have any other questions feel free to post them so that we can help you in your decsion making

Sabers I own

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 02:38:26 PM »

I have a 4ch and a 2ch emerald saber, and you can do a lot with the 2ch.  Though you are limited to what two colors can do, the pulse and FoC options are as usable as it is in a 4ch.  I have QD's in my 2ch as well so I can switch out to different emerald LEDs, so that's an option too.  When you opt for an ill AV I think you'll have to choose in series with ch 2, which will then effect how the AV is lit depending how you use the 2nd ch for FoC/pulse ect.  

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Choco
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 02:40:02 PM »

I only have a 4 channel RGBW saber myself so I can't really compare between the 2 and the 4

Sabers I own

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 06:34:46 PM »

I only have a 4 channel RGBW saber myself so I can't really compare between the 2 and the 4

If someone wants their saber to essentially be one color but have the benefits of emerald then a 2ch could work fine and save you some expense as well.
I'm REALLY happy with my emerald sabers but don't want them all to be, which to me makes them unique to each other.

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 06:56:12 PM »

If someone wants their saber to essentially be one color but have the benefits of emerald then a 2ch could work fine and save you some expense as well.
I'm REALLY happy with my emerald sabers but don't want them all to be, which to me makes them unique to each other.

I definitely agree with this. I am considering a 2-channel driver as well since I only really want one blade color, but for the added benefit of having a flash color that can't be done with the standard flash on clash setup.

Olphatnurd
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 09:04:44 PM »

O.K. Guys and Gals, 
  I've looked at your helpful replies (thanks) and I think this might work.
If anyone could point out my mistakes I'd really appreciate it.
My goal is to have Guardian blue blade, flash on clash to silver, and silver illuminated AV switch.
Here are the choices I made in the order fields.
     Blade color - Guardian blue for Emerald
     Emerald driver configuration - 2 channel B+S
     Flash On Clash - Flash Silver for Emerald
     Pulse Mode - Pulse to Adegan Silver
     Battery Configuration - Li-on Setup for Emerald Batteries only
     Recharge Port - Recharge Port 0.2A Slow Charger
     Sound - Yes Obsidian Sound
     AV Switch Channel - Channel 2 dedicated to AV switch

That's it I hope. This stuff is tricky for me to understand for some reason.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 11:32:38 PM »

O.K. Guys and Gals, 
  I've looked at your helpful replies (thanks) and I think this might work.
If anyone could point out my mistakes I'd really appreciate it.
My goal is to have Guardian blue blade, flash on clash to silver, and silver illuminated AV switch.
Here are the choices I made in the order fields.
     Blade color - Guardian blue for Emerald
     Emerald driver configuration - 2 channel B+S
     Flash On Clash - Flash Silver for Emerald
     Pulse Mode - Pulse to Adegan Silver
     Battery Configuration - Li-on Setup for Emerald Batteries only
     Recharge Port - Recharge Port 0.2A Slow Charger
     Sound - Yes Obsidian Sound
     AV Switch Channel - Channel 2 dedicated to AV switch

That's it I hope. This stuff is tricky for me to understand for some reason.

The only things I will say is that having the AV with dedicated to a channel will make that channel inoperable, therefore you should choose Always On or In Series with a channel so that you can use it. Also, just a note about the pulse mode, it will be slow when set by US, but you can speed it up when you get it to have the flicker/shimmer effect.

Other than that it seems this will accomplish what you are shooting for.

Olphatnurd
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 11:49:21 PM »

The only things I will say is that having the AV with dedicated to a channel will make that channel inoperable, therefore you should choose Always On or In Series with a channel so that you can use it. Also, just a note about the pulse mode, it will be slow when set by US, but you can speed it up when you get it to have the flicker/shimmer effect.

Other than that it seems this will accomplish what you are shooting for.

Thanks for giving me the good news Sedstiskyfaller. Poor imitation of Rocket Racoon, "Oh Yeahhh!"

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 01:25:43 AM »

Thanks for giving me the good news Sedstiskyfaller. Poor imitation of Rocket Racoon, "Oh Yeahhh!"

Not a problem. I'll be excited to see it when you get it.

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 01:54:38 AM »

Ya this looks exactly like how you want it.  JUST make the adjustments to the AV switch selection like Sedsti suggested and you should be set.  Well done sir.

Olphatnurd
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 05:21:37 PM »

Hey all,
   I think I may have rushed my order before fully understanding the function of channel 2 on the emerald driver.
I ordered the AV switch to be in series with channel 2 (silver) in a B+S for Emerald setup. Since the silver is my
flash on clash and pulse to color, will my switch be flickering on and off like mad when the saber is lit? I was hoping
to have it lit steady while the saber was on, but shut off when my saber was on. I didn't want the switch to be lit
if the saber was off, which I thought was the always on option.    As always thanks for any replies.    Olphatnurd

Edit:  Sorry everyone, After doing some more research I can see that these questions have been asked and
answered many times already in other threads. I'm pretty new at this (First forum) and all.  Thanks again for
your patience and good advice.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:43:34 PM by Olphatnurd » Logged

Choco
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 07:27:32 AM »

Hey all,
   I think I may have rushed my order before fully understanding the function of channel 2 on the emerald driver.
I ordered the AV switch to be in series with channel 2 (silver) in a B+S for Emerald setup. Since the silver is my
flash on clash and pulse to color, will my switch be flickering on and off like mad when the saber is lit? I was hoping
to have it lit steady while the saber was on, but shut off when my saber was on. I didn't want the switch to be lit
if the saber was off, which I thought was the always on option.    As always thanks for any replies.    Olphatnurd

Edit:  Sorry everyone, After doing some more research I can see that these questions have been asked and
answered many times already in other threads. I'm pretty new at this (First forum) and all.  Thanks again for
your patience and good advice.

to answer your question yes when ever your saber uses the channel you have your AV on it will turn the AV switch on. In your case silver so everytime silver is used your AV switch would activate. You would have needed to have it on the red channel for it to be on with the red blade.

Always on is different then in series as your AV switch is always on regardless of whether the saber is on or not. I have my AV on my Emerald Manticore set to an always on AV switch

You could try emailing Emory if it hasn't shipped yet to see if he could quickly grab it and make the change in driver channels for you

Sabers I own

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: