Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: 2nd Summer Raffle Pic's... Show us your entry and prize sabers...  (Read 59209 times)
Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2014, 02:30:27 PM »

Darth Maul! Shocked

To say I was stunned when I opened up the box is a monumental understatement.  Oh, and yes, I have already emailed Deep to see if it is possible to go ahead and get another one for obvious reasons.  In the meantime, I cannot even begin to express my gratitude.  I mean really, simply saying thank you just isn't enough...  But what else can I say, except for perhaps...  O-M-FLIPPING-G!  Thank you, thank you, thank you thank you, thank you so much Ultra Sabers! 

*Lemming-like voice* Oh no! *boom*
Sorry, I guess THAT was my resolution NOT to buy any more saber stuff this year Wink ...

Dauntless...  I have no idea what US will name this saber...  I just didn't know else to call it. Undecided

How about 'Marth Daul' for now? Just to avoid any copyright issues Wink ...

Oh, lest I forget: Congrats, julmax Grin

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2014, 03:35:08 PM »

I think we should call it, the "Dark Maw."

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2014, 03:43:36 PM »

Oppressor would be good or, given we already have a Phantom, perhaps Menace? Otherwise Assassin, or maybe Shadow.

Actually, scratch Assassin. I got called up by customs when my Bellicose was shipping because they wanted to know what it was. I can only imagine how much hassle having 'Assassin' on shipping manifests would cause Cheesy

I do think, on reflection, that it would suit a different pommel a little better. The Liberator/Standard Issue pommel with the horizontal lines around it, to match the ones around the mid-section of the hilt, would look great, although the vertical lines on the pommel almost suggest stress lines on a staff that's been torn in two...

Julmax, I'm pretty sure you have Initiate blades. For the review, I'm pleading with you to get at least one shot of it in red with the shorter blade!

Man, US have been amazingly generous (even more so than normal) with their prizes this time around!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2014, 04:27:57 PM »

Oppressor would be good or, given we already have a Phantom, perhaps Menace? Otherwise Assassin, or maybe Shadow.

Actually, scratch Assassin. I got called up by customs when my Bellicose was shipping because they wanted to know what it was. I can only imagine how much hassle having 'Assassin' on shipping manifests would cause Cheesy

I do think, on reflection, that it would suit a different pommel a little better. The Liberator/Standard Issue pommel with the horizontal lines around it, to match the ones around the mid-section of the hilt, would look great, although the vertical lines on the pommel almost suggest stress lines on a staff that's been torn in two...

Julmax, I'm pretty sure you have Initiate blades. For the review, I'm pleading with you to get at least one shot of it in red with the shorter blade!

Man, US have been amazingly generous (even more so than normal) with their prizes this time around!

I like Oppressor or Menace. And I agree with you about the pommel. Something else would look better on it, but it does have the sense (probably because of the preconceived origin) that is has been separated from a staff.

I keep looking at the body and thinking how many other emitters and pommels would look good on it. So detailed and versatile.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2014, 06:58:52 PM »

Putting Menace in the name somehow feels right and gives it a classic feel.  The Dark Apprentice perhaps?

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2014, 07:08:05 PM »

Putting Menace in the name somehow feels right and gives it a classic feel.  The Dark Apprentice perhaps?

Wow you read my mind!!! That's exactly what I was thinking! Although they had one called the dark apprentace back in the old PVC saber days. But we shall see

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Mr.Brightside
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

Sith is such a uncivilized word, I prefer Martyr.

« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2014, 07:22:40 PM »

Hey everyone!  Now, i've finally got the time, and the sabers, to do a posting.  Honestly though, my experience with this was bittersweet, hopefully my next purchase will be better.  ANYWAYS, first up is my lovely entry.  An Archon 2.1 in BR with a BR AV switch.  This saber really fits amazingly in the hands and with the choke point and thin design I find it really easy to twirl this bad boy.  

The next thing I have to list is that, I got a Heavy Grade blade so I didn't think this would happen with light contact but my blade tip flew off already.  I guess it's not that bad as I can glue it back on easily, it's just a slight disappointment.   Anyways, up next is my first raffle win and really my first entry.

Yep, that's right.  I got a Azure Mantis.  The coloring is what I believe to be Arctic blue and it shines so nicely.

It's a bit heavier than the Archon so it'll most likely be my heavy striking saber.  I think it came with a Mid Grade blade as told by the dings in the blade.  For a free saber it is amazing and more than i could ever ask for.  Yet, the LED didn't work at first so i had to unscrew the emitter to find it's wires cut.  I'm guessing when they screwed it on they cut the wires.  Thank god they color-code.  

All in all I'm EXTREMELY happy with this purchase and it went much better than most purchases from companies anywhere.  Emory was the most helpful person I have ever contacted and the shipping was fast and safe.  Now, can someone tell me where the Obsidian USB thing is?  It wasn't in the box is it in my saber?

Pic of the family:

A little fun was had:

Associate of the Red Order

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2014, 07:34:22 PM »

The Obsidian sound board?

Yes, it's in the saber. If you take the pommel off and somewhat carefully pull out the battery/speaker assembly, you will notice that there is also a circuit board attached to the battery holder. That is the Obsidian sound board. There is a USB plug on it, towards the speaker end, if I remember correctly.

If you got and Emerald saber, there should be another circuit board and another USB plug as well.

Congrats on your prize! I wouldn't mind having an Azure Mantis myself! OR an Archon for that matter! ;-)

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »

Julmax twist a Manticore high pommel on that Dark Maw when you're doing a photo shoot por favor.

Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Mr.Brightside
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2014, 07:50:08 PM »

Thanks!  haha, I may actually end up selling the mantis to buy a Green saber.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2014, 08:01:48 PM »

The Obsidian sound board?

Yes, it's in the saber. If you take the pommel off and somewhat carefully pull out the battery/speaker assembly, you will notice that there is also a circuit board attached to the battery holder. That is the Obsidian sound board. There is a USB plug on it, towards the speaker end, if I remember correctly.

If you got and Emerald saber, there should be another circuit board and another USB plug as well.

Congrats on your prize! I wouldn't mind having an Azure Mantis myself! OR an Archon for that matter! ;-)

Oh, and that's a MINI USB, not a MICRO USB.

Mr.Brightside
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2014, 08:16:53 PM »

Oh, and that's a MINI USB, not a MICRO USB.

No I mean the thing to port in the sounds.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2014, 08:37:20 PM »

Any sort of Mantis is an amazing prize, Mr Brightside! Congrats on that, and well done on having the nous to fix the split wires Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

julmax
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 75

A Sith... Hear? Bad Sishy, Bad Sithy! ...WOOSH!

« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2014, 08:47:37 PM »

Congratulations Mr.Brightside ...  That's a mighty fine start to a saber collection you have there... Wink

I'm surprised about the broken wires in the Mantis, but if you continue to have any problems, don't hesitate to contact Emory and send it in for repair.  US has excellent customer service and won't hesitate to fix it.  As for the blade tip coming off, it's a fairly common occurrence which is easily solved with guerrilla glue.

As for changing the sound fonts on the obsidian sound board, you'll need to use the obsidian launcher which is a program you can download from a forum to your computer.  Threads for this can be found in the in the obsidian section of the forum.

Ziran...  Unfortunately, I only have the low profile Manticore pommels.  However, I do have a War Glaive pommel I can throw on.

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2014, 08:56:19 PM »

I think we should call it, the "Dark Maw."

Nice one, although to me that's what a (Dark) Mantis emitter looks like Wink
It has kind of a Dune-sandworm-like vibe...

I like Oppressor and Menace, too; how about Infiltrator (like Maul's starship)?

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: