Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Covertec question  (Read 973 times)
Xaviorbat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« on: September 21, 2014, 04:55:13 PM »

I'm thinking about my next saber being a Monarch, but I'm not sure if I want it to be a D ring or a Covertec...Can I get an image of the standard place that it goes on a monarch?

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 06:54:14 PM »

It doesn't, I believe. Because of the intricate design of the Monarch, it's the one hilt that US don't offer a covertec wheel on. Whether that's because of the sloping body, the rings or whatever, I'm not exactly sure, but there isn't a 'standard' place to put one.

I hyphothesise that the best place to put one would be on the flared section just above the pommel, but that's just a guess. I've never handled one, so don't know whether the circumference would be compatible.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Xaviorbat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 09:04:04 PM »

Ah ok I'll have to come up with something epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 05:44:47 PM »

Xaviorbat, I don't have a Monarch, but from looking at the hilt I'd recommend a D-ring for it.  Placement might be challenging, but you might think about mounting it with the blade retention screw.  The hilt would hang blade-up on your belt, but it should work.

Another option would be to drill and tap a hole for it near the pommel.  The D-ring mount should be more flexible and play better with the curves of the body, and mounting it at the high point of one of the "rings" of the body contours will actually give the D-ring good clearance for swivelling.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: