Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian and Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 USB Input Device won't start (code 10)  (Read 11063 times)
HansamuDashi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 04:36:11 PM »

I have a Windows 8 and my saber seems to connect just fine!  It doesn't matter if I turn the saber on first or not..  they only issue I'm having is that after I set a sound font configuration and go to write/save it to my device it says there was a device failure connections but yet it says it's connected!!  So I'm stuck with a saber without sound.. just the LED is on..  I think Windows 8 or my laptop is not working properly with the saber or obsidian launcher.. I'm gona try a different PC and Windows 7

I started a thread about some of my problems with my 1st saber, then saw this section which might be more appropriate for it...

Well the title says it all, can't get the obsidian soundboard to work on Windows 8.1 and Win7, both OS can't start the device...If I look under the device manager the USB input device associated with the saber as the yellow triangle on it with the ! symbol, and when you read the description of the problem, it's device won't start. Tried on an old win xp pc at work and it works fine.

Searched the forum and saw that some people had the same problem and uninstalled all the device under Universal serial bus Controller in the device manager and restarted the pc and it worked, it's not working for me.

And before you ask all the basic questions
1- Yes I am connecting in the right usb port on the saber and on the PC (2.0)
2- Yes the launcher works fine, (emerald driver works fine) and I am running it as an administrator
3- Yes I am doing it in the correct order, saber ON, then I plug it in the usb port.
4- Yes I tried a different USB cord
5- Yes I tried a different USB port on the PC
6- Yes the batteries are fully charge.

It's really driving me nuts now...been tinkering with it for 2 days. With no solutions.

Why be enslaved to Light or Dark side. When I can rule both!!

wielder wishlist
Dark Monarch w/ Dark Violet or Blue
Chosen One w/sound Emerald
Scorpion w/sound Emerald
Bellicose w/sound Emerald

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 04:36:48 PM »

Something I learned form installing my launcher was that installing while in an account that has administrator rights and installing as administrator are NOT the same thing. I originally thought it was and that since I am the only account and therefore administrator it was automatic that everything was installed as administrator. However, if you right click on an installer package there is a choice that specifically says "install as administrator". Once I removed everything and did it this way it started working much better. It sometimes still misses and I have to connect more than once but before it was one connect per install instead of one in two or three. Yes I did uninstall then reinstall for the first 5 times I connected. I am running windows 8.1and connecting through a very generic hub,

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

JHW2627
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

May the force be with you

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 02:18:39 PM »

I'm having trouble getting it to start once I have the saber pluged in but I was doing it off line does the computer need to be on line to run the launcher??

Prophecy v3 silver c/d + sound
Mantis CE emerald guardian blue + sound
Initiate v3 guardian blue stunt

ricochettinman
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 03:18:27 PM »

Has anyone figured out a 100% working solution? I can't get it to work on my Windows 8.1 laptop.. I am doing the exact same things as the OP does..

Dark Side Points Appreciated
Current Arsenal Phantasm initiate blue and green
Aeon v2 rgb

I give out random points. If you're more light, I give light... more dark, I give dark :-)

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 12:38:42 AM »

I have had similar problems with the new Obsidian v4.  After much consternation, realized I had windows updates not performed. Ran updates.  Shut-down, restarted and all was working well.

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 11:45:04 AM »

I'm having trouble getting it to start once I have the saber pluged in but I was doing it off line does the computer need to be on line to run the launcher??
Nah, it doesn't hafta be online. I don't have internet access from my place, but as long as I have the files to load onto the board, I'm just fine without internet.

Has anyone figured out a 100% working solution? I can't get it to work on my Windows 8.1 laptop.. I am doing the exact same things as the OP does..
Ya know, it's weird. I have windows "hate-point-one" as well, but I have very little trouble. I installed as admin, per the recommendation, and launch it from the desktop environs.
On my ASUS (which has eaten two hard-drives -- I hate it and love it at the same time) there are 3 USB ports. Two are marked "SS" next to the little trident-thingie icon (I'm told that's USB 3.0), and one is just plain-janey USB, I guess. My Obsidian board flat-out refuses to talk to the 3.0 ports, but it does just fine -- sometimes with a little rejiggering both plugs -- on the regular ol' USB port.
That all being said, I could just be due some dumb luck. I hope I helped, or at least failed to make things worse. Smiley

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

M-Pire
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 06:04:12 PM »

Here's my Windows 8.1 ritual for connecting to Obsidian:

1.  Reboot
2.  Plug the mini-USB connector into the saber
3.  Power on the saber
4.  Right-click and "Run as administrator" the launcher (v1.04)
5.  Plug the USB connector into the computer's USB 2.0 port
6.  Slowly and slightly move the USB connector (computer end) within its port, either towards you or away from you (not in and out), until the Launcher detects the saber and connects to it. 

Note: I'm using the USB cable Ultrasabers supplied with the saber.

Thanks,
Cliff

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: