Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian V3 spec questions and wiring help  (Read 7185 times)
Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 10:12:13 PM »

Im not sure that you are understanding all of this correctly, but I admit that I am no expert.  I believe that the mah rating on the buck puck is meant to indicate what the upper limit is regarding how much current it allows through.  Regardless of how many LEDs you connect to the + and - outputs on the buck puck, it shouldn't matter.  The only thing that would happen is that you will deplete your batteries more quickly when running more LEDs because you are using up the current stored in the battery at a faster rate.

To me at least, your assertion about needing huge batteries and a 2100mah buck block doesn't make sense as Ultrasabers stock setup for sabers with sound and FoC runs the obsidian board and speaker along with 2 LEDs constant (and 1 for FoC), through a 1000mah buck puck with 7.4v of L-Ion power.

I'm more confused now after reading this.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Zminator
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

Sith Lord

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 10:46:41 PM »

Ok. 

First, I want to publicly apologize for my posting yesterday because it was in the heat of the moment and almost rage-like, but not quite there.  I also want to apologize to Relan for all things that may have been "said hastily".

Second I got a 1000ma buckpuck and replaced the 700ma buckpuck, check all the wiring and connection and then redid the connection to the LED's and now it works fine.  I don't know what it was but it is all ok now.

Thanks for all your help and patience.

May the force be with you.

boomsticks!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: