Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My Custom Made Blades!!  (Read 9612 times)
srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« on: October 01, 2014, 05:45:04 PM »

So ever since I saw Ripper's blades I've wanted to make my own... Here's what I have come up with so far... Two blades, Eldar inspired one inspired by Hadhafang, and one inspired by Glamdring. They are both about 23" long. They are NOT combat ready. They will break, but they do look amazing!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 05:49:27 PM »

Ok
Your gona have to tell us all how you made them
Point!

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 05:54:31 PM »

Yep.. that is officially cool as hell!

Are the blades Lexan?

Definitely worthy of a point!

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Darth Shaw
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 05:58:54 PM »

Yeah I want to know how you made them.  I wouldn't mind making a Falcone blade for my dominix

Dominix LE v2 blazing red with holes drilled around blade end

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 06:03:42 PM »

Yep, gotta know how or at the very least how much they would be if you were to sell them.  Wink
The first one lit up in blue is my favorite, but they are all amazing!  Do they hold up okay for spinning and such?

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

snhtri4
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

Light Side Points Please :)

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 06:05:17 PM »

In-freakin-sane! That is one of the coolest projects I've seen on the forums yet! I agree, you have to us how you made them. Point!

“I've found that what most people call luck is often little more than raw talent combined with the ability to make the most of opportunities. (Talon Karrde)”

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 06:21:06 PM »

These look great! Have a point from me as well.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 07:29:09 PM »

So nice!  Can I give you more than one point?! 

Yeah, I too have been drooling over that guy "Ripper"'s blades in a similar style.  I believe he makes his out of some kind of acrylic and warns that they are not made for dueling, display/cosplay only.

I would love to have an anime-style one, something like you'd see on Sword Art Online, with a BIG, wide, blocky-looking blade attached to a normal-sized saber hilt.

I've also read that having REALLY bright LEDs works much better for this type of thing since the acrylic doesn't capture the light without a diffuser.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

SlenderTheEnder
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 15

Light side points please. 끄기 우리가 간다!

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 10:33:57 PM »

Oh man, you telling. Point!

It's all about the Benjamins, and I don't have many, but ideally, I want a Manticore CE in SY with Obsidian for Emerald, FoC orange.

srams
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 10:36:07 PM »

Thanks guys! They are 1/4" acrylic, not for dueling, just for show.  I want to expand to other styles and shapes, however the blade shapes cannot deviate too much from the path of the LED light or else you get dim areas. The best colors are the bright single LED colors like white, blue, green and red. Yellows, and purple and other hybrid colors are a bit dimmer because the two LEDs shine around the blade. Not through it like a regular poly blade.

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 02:11:59 AM »

Awesome work.

I too would love to make one. Do you think you could post a picture of one of them out of the hilt? Particularly the bottom ( hilt end) of the blade. I am curious about how they are socketed into the emitter.

Point

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 03:31:51 AM »

Those are so dam beautiful...

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 11:26:23 AM »

Those are just AWESOME! have a well deserved point.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 03:08:49 AM »

I've been seeing progress photos on FB on these and other blades as he's made them, simply awesome!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

srams
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 09:19:19 PM »

Thanks Blondie!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: