Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A few questions I couldn't find answered on the forums  (Read 1312 times)
serebrum
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 01, 2011, 12:53:13 PM »

Hey guys, I'm an australian dude and new to ultra sabers.  just had a few questions before i finalised my big-ass order. I couldn't find these questions when searching the forums so I thought I'd post. Apologises in advance if i repeat any previous questions.

1) Can the coupler that couples dark initiate and dominix hilt types be used to couple 1 of each? Or does it have to be specifically 2x intitate or 2x dominix together?

2) If the answer to the above is 'no, you can't couple 2 different sabers of the same coupler group' then how have people with phantasms/phantoms dealt with wielding their staves due to the incredible length?

3) When ordering items and half of them are quick shipped, am I to assume the quick ship ones will  be shipped first, but cost no extra? Technically its 2 different shipments not 1 (just seems like a tiny loophole around the shipping costs)

4) I watched the durability video, and am I right to assume that ALL the sabers available can be used underwater including the ones with sound?

5) I'd just like to know the reason behind this before i accidentally purchase an incompatible extra blade - Howcome the Ultraedge Heavy Grade blades aren't listed with initiate blades as a blade option like the full size hilts are?

Thanks a heap in advance!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »

Welcome!  Here's my attempt at answering you:

1.  Yes, the coupler can attach an initiate to a Dominix or Aeon.  They're compatible from what I've read.  However, I personally prefer the sabers of my staff to be very similar to create a more balanced staff.

2.  The standard length of blades for the staves is 32".  This means each blade is 32", though they're down a few inches in the hilt so it's more like 29" each.  This adds up to 58" plus another two feet or so for the hilts and you get a grand total of about 82".  My friend Artorius and I are of rather different heights, and we both find this to be an appropriate sized weapon, but if you are looking for a shorter staff there are two additional options:  the Phantom Initiate (two Initiates together as a staff) and the 24" Initiate blades they sell as an alternate blade option.

3.  I wouldn't assume that the quick ship will be sent first - if you order the stuff all together it's gonna ship together.  The price they give you for shipping is the cost assuming all products are shipped together, hence why it doesn't go up much for additional sabers added.  You could email them at shipping@ultrasabers.com and ask, or just put it in your order comments and see what happens.  If you really want the quick ship to be sent out when it's done, I would make two separate orders.

4.  I would NOT assume any of the sabers are waterproof - that video was made when the sabers were primarily PVC hilts, which made them effectively waterproof.  Now they're made of various metals, and the sound sabers have all sorts of delicate electronics that you would surely not want to put in water.  If you want a cheap saber you can use in the water, maybe go for a PVC grab bag or something.

5.  I'm not sure why the UEHG blades aren't an option for Initiates.  It should be compatible, all US blades have the same diameter in order to be interchangeable, so I would try emailing them or just ordering the heavy grade and asking in your order comments for an Ultraedge heavy grade instead.

Whew... hope that helped.  Good luck!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:13:17 PM »

Welcome!  Here's my attempt at answering you:

1.  Yes, the coupler can attach an initiate to a Dominix or Aeon.  They're compatible from what I've read.  However, I personally prefer the sabers of my staff to be very similar to create a more balanced staff.

2.  The standard length of blades for the staves is 32".  This means each blade is 32", though they're down a few inches in the hilt so it's more like 29" each.  This adds up to 58" plus another two feet or so for the hilts and you get a grand total of about 82".  My friend Artorius and I are of rather different heights, and we both find this to be an appropriate sized weapon, but if you are looking for a shorter staff there are two additional options:  the Phantom Initiate (two Initiates together as a staff) and the 24" Initiate blades they sell as an alternate blade option.

3.  I wouldn't assume that the quick ship will be sent first - if you order the stuff all together it's gonna ship together.  The price they give you for shipping is the cost assuming all products are shipped together, hence why it doesn't go up much for additional sabers added.  You could email them at shipping@ultrasabers.com and ask, or just put it in your order comments and see what happens.  If you really want the quick ship to be sent out when it's done, I would make two separate orders.

4.  I would NOT assume any of the sabers are waterproof - that video was made when the sabers were primarily PVC hilts, which made them effectively waterproof.  Now they're made of various metals, and the sound sabers have all sorts of delicate electronics that you would surely not want to put in water.  If you want a cheap saber you can use in the water, maybe go for a PVC grab bag or something.

5.  I'm not sure why the UEHG blades aren't an option for Initiates.  It should be compatible, all US blades have the same diameter in order to be interchangeable, so I would try emailing them or just ordering the heavy grade and asking in your order comments for an Ultraedge heavy grade instead.

Whew... hope that helped.  Good luck!
well answered. lightside point added

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 01:13:58 PM »

Hey guys, I'm an australian dude and new to ultra sabers.  just had a few questions before i finalised my big-ass order. I couldn't find these questions when searching the forums so I thought I'd post. Apologises in advance if i repeat any previous questions.

1) Can the coupler that couples dark initiate and dominix hilt types be used to couple 1 of each? Or does it have to be specifically 2x intitate or 2x dominix together?

2) If the answer to the above is 'no, you can't couple 2 different sabers of the same coupler group' then how have people with phantasms/phantoms dealt with wielding their staves due to the incredible length?

3) When ordering items and half of them are quick shipped, am I to assume the quick ship ones will  be shipped first, but cost no extra? Technically its 2 different shipments not 1 (just seems like a tiny loophole around the shipping costs)

4) I watched the durability video, and am I right to assume that ALL the sabers available can be used underwater including the ones with sound?

5) I'd just like to know the reason behind this before i accidentally purchase an incompatible extra blade - Howcome the Ultraedge Heavy Grade blades aren't listed with initiate blades as a blade option like the full size hilts are?

Thanks a heap in advance!

Ok here we go with what I know:

1) Couplers are designed for specific hilts so unless they hilts happen to have the same threading it won't work.  HOWEVER you should email Deep @ shipping@ultrasabers.com as he might be able to make you a custom coupler to combine the two sabers of your choice.

2) some people have Raven Raven staves and those are even worse for length.  Best answer: deal with it carefully and usually only for show not for combat.  Your personal choice though.

3) This is a question for Deep too, if you don't get an answer here email him.

4) I would suggest against it.  When that video was made all of Ultrasabers' products were made from PVC and plastics.  Now everything is aircraft aluminum.  I would personally never take a metal hilt saber into the water as threaded caps are not designed to be airtight and that goes double for a saber with sound.  I'll let anyone who has actually tried it contradict me.

5) Truly curious question!  Honestly you can ask Deep to cut down any blade you order to any length under 36" and he will likely oblidge you.  Yet again, email him to double check me on this but when you order your blade you can put in the comment box on the shipping page that you want the blade to be cut down to "x" length.  IMPORTANT NOTE: you probably noticed from your searching that the Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade is currently out of stock.  Don't know when it will be back so stick around and find out!

Welcome to the forums, hope I helped.

MAV

serebrum
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 07:29:10 AM »

Awesome, thanks for the responses Cheesy

I'll send Deep a message and hopefully this is a question that can be solved for future customers. I'm happy the waterproof sabers question was answered haha, was hoping to do some night time swimming as a jedi xD

We're going to send our order by either tuesday the 2nd or wednesday the 3rd, hopefully ultrasabers would've gotten their product from the supplier.

Cheers for the quick responses guys =]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: